NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

A glorious day out at Wembley yesterday. Coach into London from Bristol at 8am, arrived at 10:30, fair few drinks and watched some of the United vs Liverpool game (Which ended up with a fantastic scoreline to make my day better)

Bristol City won the JPT In pretty comfortable fashion. Brilliant scenes all around. Part one of the double complete, now to win League One.

So with United and Bristol City winning, a fantastic day for me. Only snag was there was a crash on the motorway which delayed us getting home, so I was home in bed at midnight. Being in work right now is quite the task.

I always think that if you're going to do away with one system, then the replacement needs to be better than what is currently there. What's the alternative to away goals? Penalties? Is that really better?

I always think that if you're going to do away with one system, then the replacement needs to be better than what is currently there. What's the alternative to away goals? Penalties? Is that really better?

I think pens are better. They allow for one team to score more goals than the other, which is ultimately the measure of how one team beats another.

Away goals are also unfair in instances where the game has gone to extra time and one team has 120 minutes to score away goals where as the other team only has 90.

Exactly, either keep the away goals rule, and get rid of extra time, or put in extra time, but no away goals rule.

I also think if players were sent off in the 90 minutes that if it goes to extra time that teams should be restored to the full compliment of 11. Though it does create a problem of teams taking advantage of it towards the end of the game.

I also think if players were sent off in the 90 minutes that if it goes to extra time that teams should be restored to the full compliment of 11. Though it does create a problem of teams taking advantage of it towards the end of the game.

Yeah maybe let them make as many subs as they want and essentially take on a whole new starting 11 for extra time too.

Yeah maybe let them make as many subs as they want and essentially take on a whole new starting 11 for extra time too.

That's a brilliant idea! Why don't we delay the extra time a few days to allow the teams to rest. Might as well increase the length then too, say two 45 minute halves?

Kane is just ridiculous. Mental a year ago he looked awful and not capable to be a premiership footballer... This week he could be the first player to pick up 3 player of the month awards in a row!

Kane is just ridiculous. Mental a year ago he looked awful and not capable to be a premiership footballer... This week he could be the first player to pick up 3 player of the month awards in a row!

I laughed my head off when he came on and scored straight away in the game tonight. Well happy for the lad and hopefully his form continues.

Well happy for the lad and hopefully his form continues.

For the sake of our top 4 hopes, I hope it doesn't. :p

I know I'm an Arsenal fan, but he's so overrated. Yes, in great form, but so overrated.

His goal was easy - shit defending from a shit team, he had no work to do there, it was basically a tap-in and the goalie should've done better. Let's not fool ourselves here, he contributed nothing else in his time on the pitch.

Poor Danny Welbeck was named man of the match yet didn't get awarded his bottle of bubbly in the post match interview because of the Harry Kane love-fest.

Let's not forget, Rickie Lambert scored with his first touch for England the other year - he ain't that special!

I know I'm an Arsenal fan, but he's so overrated. Yes, in great form, but so overrated.

His goal was easy - shit defending from a shit team, he had no work to do there, it was basically a tap-in and the goalie should've done better. Let's not fool ourselves here, he contributed nothing else in his time on the pitch.

Poor Danny Welbeck was named man of the match yet didn't get awarded his bottle of bubbly in the post match interview because of the Harry Kane love-fest.

Let's not forget, Rickie Lambert scored with his first touch for England the other year - he ain't that special!

I can't really agree with you on most of this. Yes, his goal was easy, but the movement and awareness to be in the right place at the right time is what made the goal, not the final touch. Without his movement and ability to read the game, he wouldn't have scored it.

The game was over and done with by the time he got on the pitch, so I don't feel that it's fair to say he didn't contribute much else because there wasn't an awful lot he could do. Scoring within your first few touches is still a massive contribution.

He's an exciting player and is in awesome form at the moment. I can totally understand why he's being raved about because even I'm excited when watching him play. He's young, he's English, he's producing the goods and there is so much more to come, too. Not going to knock him, he deserves his moment.

So much bitterness.... This kid has a good chance of being the leagues top goal scorer this season, at 21, in his first season, when he didn't make his first start until mid November. He's scored with his left, right, head, a freekick, a penalty, taping and a few from outside the box, how can you say he's overRated? Bizarre.

Can't wait for Kane to sign for United, so the media wankfest can be multiplied.

Can't wait for Kane to sign for United, so the media wankfest can be multiplied.

I really don't think that's going to happen. Spurs for life!

Maybe I was being over-bitter, but I was drunk at the time :p Don't think he's as good as they're making him out to be, though. I'm just, like Ramar, tired of how obsessed the media are with him.

And there's no chance of him staying at Spurs long term if he is as good as you think he is :p

He'll be off this summer, next summer at the latest if his form continues. United will waste an obscene amount on him.

I really don't think that's going to happen. Spurs for life!

Kanearse_3159985a.jpg

:laughing:

If Greg Dyke gets his way, the amount people are willing to pay for half decent English players is going to be obscene.

I watched Belgium's game with Ine yesterday and was impressed with what I saw. Hazard ruled the game, Fellaini continued to look dangerous (scored twice) and they've added even more promising, young and hungry players to their squad. I really enjoy watching them play.

Come on, Northern Ireland :yay:

We're about 20 minutes away from taking an incredible step towards potential qualification. I haven't seen us play in a tournament throughout my lifetime (I was born in '87 :heh:) so it's starting to become very exciting in Group F :hehe:

For the sake of our top 4 hopes, I hope it doesn't. :p

You still have top 4 hopes? :P

I'm just, like Ramar, tired of how obsessed the media are with him.

A good looking, young English player who has had a great season? Of course the media will be all over him.

You still have top 4 hopes? :P

A good looking, young English player who has had a great season? Of course the media will be all over him.

5 points is hardly impossible. :p

Maybe I was being over-bitter, but I was drunk at the time :p Don't think he's as good as they're making him out to be, though. I'm just, like Ramar, tired of how obsessed the media are with him.

And there's no chance of him staying at Spurs long term if he is as good as you think he is :p

He'll be off this summer, next summer at the latest if his form continues. United will waste an obscene amount on him.

I really don't think he'll leave. We're building a very young team. Keep Lloris and Eriksen, get rid of about ten players, buy 4 quality in and we'll have something special I reckon!

I really don't think he'll leave. We're building a very young team. Keep Lloris and Eriksen, get rid of about ten players, buy 4 quality in and we'll have something special I reckon!

You're deluding yourself, but I guess you need something to be hopeful about as a Spurs fan :p

You're deluding yourself, but I guess you need something to be hopeful about as a Spurs fan :p

Ha, time will tell. But he literally signed a new contract in January so I really think we'll be okay!