NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Dirty Man United with the equaliser in injury time. Really would have liked a defeat to take the huff and bluff out of Van Gaal's sail.

I'm getting bored/pissed off with our performances and think the fans will start to turn on LvG very soon if things don't improve.

For starters, Falcao is awful. Not necessarily blaming LvG for that, but he should have been subbed early in the second half or at half time. He is slow, he's got an absolutely terrible first touch and he can't shoot for shit. I'm so disappointed in him as I was initially excited by the signing but he hasn't lived up to it at all. We have zero movement up front because his movement is so poor and RvP is too slow. Take off Falcao and put Rooney there.

Secondly, oh my god, why are we putting Rooney in midfield and shoe-horning him in there when we already have a class midfielder on the bench (Herrera)? Gah. It kills me. Should be starting every game.

Valencia is awful and only gets games because there's nobody else to challenge for his spot. Not convinced by Shaw.

The worst thing of all is Di Maria. Again, another huge signing and everybody was excited. But, he was useless today. His corners are the worst and he is much more of a wimp than I expected. Time for the boy to grow some balls.

On the plus side, I'm a big fan of Daley Blind and am glad to see him getting a run. We need a midfield two of him and Herrera or a three with both of them and Di Maria. Drop Falcao for Rooney and find somebody, somebody to play at right back.

Man U were terrible and I felt sorry for West Ham conceding late on. De Gea saved their bacon again.

West Ham were incredible and Allardyce deserves more praise for how he's got them playing.

We were fucking awful. Di Maria and Falcao the two worst offenders. Still...we got something from the game. But we need to control it better. We're playing too many attacking players without a midfield to actually supply the attackers.

Ya Di Maria was absolutely brutal. Had that been anybody else and ye not paid so much money for him, he would have been subbed. He was the worst player on the field.

It's crazy how little stick he's getting after having such a reputation, spending so much money and having played the least a,isn't of games.

I've been expecting Man U to kick on all season, but I don't think it's going to happen. He seems clueless, really clueless, his formations and tactics are bizarre. I'd be fuming if I was a Man U fan.

And yet they're still 4th....

I'd put that down to the teams around them being as equally inept, I'd include Man City in that category. Man United have won 2 of their last 6 games and those were against Leicester and QPR, the 2 bottom clubs in the Premiership, not something to brag about and they weren't impressive in either game. Should have lost today as well.

Yeah they have been quite lucky this season, and by that I mean in any other year they would probably be behind half a dozen other, better sides. The top half looks very exciting though!

The second half of the merseyside derby was some of the most boring football I've seen all season, not blaming him for it entirely there's something about Joe Allen that just sucks the life out of Liverpool, as soon as Lucas went off and he came on I knew we'd struggle to win the game.

Also, Nigel Pearson, slap yourself.

Yeah they have been quite lucky this season, and by that I mean in any other year they would probably be behind half a dozen other, better sides. The top half looks very exciting though!

Yes. There was that stat a while ago on how van Gaal had the same total of points as Moyes after the same amount of games, the difference being this season they were in 4th but last season they were in 7th place at the same point in time.

blog_lvg-moyes.jpg

I don't know if van Gaal is ahead or behind the curve now.

LVG spent nearly 200m, plus had mata for the whole season. He's doing worse than Moyes in my opinion, plus the league is weaker so should have more points anyway. Isn't it weird how perception changes everything!

He looks like someone drew a face on a balloon, and then that balloon kind of half deflated, leaving the face all shrivelled and weird.

The second half of the merseyside derby was some of the most boring football I've seen all season, not blaming him for it entirely there's something about Joe Allen that just sucks the life out of Liverpool, as soon as Lucas went off and he came on I knew we'd struggle to win the game.

Lucas is going to be out for a few weeks, apparently, so that worries me a little :hmm:

I feel less confident for tonight's match because of this.. and Spurs probably owe us one due to the last few games :indeed: It's a shame I'm working and won't be able to see it, something which is particularly frustrating due to the fact that I never work on Tuesday night.. :blank:

Still behind us in the league. Congrats!

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, where as I know a loss can really get under your skin.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, where as I know a loss can really get under your skin.

Haha. Not really! We're a team in transition and still above Liverpool and in a finsal when Liverpool are supposed to be really developed under a manager Theyve had a few years and just spent near 150m.

I expected us to be about 6th. Win the cup and I'll be delighted.

Haha. Not really! We're a team in transition and still above Liverpool and in a finsal when Liverpool are supposed to be really developed under a manager Theyve had a few years and just spent near 150m.

I expected us to be about 6th. Win the cup and I'll be delighted.

As are Liverpool. We sold our key striker in the Summer, bought in too many players and it's taken B-Rod half a season to settle on a team selection. How exactly are we supposed to be really developed? Had the team stayed the same as last year then I would agree but we've had far too many changes this season to make that claim.

Liverpool are doing exactly how I thought they would do. At the start of the season I said we would be hovering around 6th-7th position ( you even said how refreshing it was to see a Pool fan being realistic ). In all honesty they are doing better than what I imagined. I mean we are still in the running for a Champions League position.

As are Liverpool. We sold our key striker in the Summer, bought in too many players and it's taken B-Rod half a season to settle on a team selection. How exactly are we supposed to be really developed? Had the team stayed the same as last year then I would agree but we've had far too many changes this season to make that claim.

Liverpool are doing exactly how I thought they would do. At the start of the season I said we would be hovering around 6th-7th position ( you even said how refreshing it was to see a Pool fan being realistic ). In all honesty they are doing better than what I imagined. I mean we are still in the running for a Champions League position.

I do remember yeah, Liverpool fans were getting a little carried away at the beginning of the season. As for developed, I just mean behind the scenes, training regimes, most of your squad is still used to Rodgers etc. But things seem to be for you guys too. That's why I wasn't confident yesterday, I said I'd be happy with a draw.

The league is crazy this year. Obviously tonights results will change it, but spurs are 2 points off 3rd... If we won't we'd have been 3 points off 2nd. And i think we've been pretty bad, just very lucky!! Starting to get there though.

I do remember yeah, Liverpool fans were getting a little carried away at the beginning of the season. As for developed, I just mean behind the scenes, training regimes, most of your squad is still used to Rodgers etc. But things seem to be for you guys too. That's why I wasn't confident yesterday, I said I'd be happy with a draw.

The league is crazy this year. Obviously tonights results will change it, but spurs are 2 points off 3rd... If we won't we'd have been 3 points off 2nd. And i think we've been pretty bad, just very lucky!! Starting to get there though.

Indeed. The season has been nuts so far. I'm loving the fact that Southampton are in the running for a Champions League spot! It's certainly made things more interesting at the top of the table.

Indeed. The season has been nuts so far. I'm loving the fact that Southampton are in the running for a Champions League spot! It's certainly made things more interesting at the top of the table.

Likewise - just happy not to be involved in the scrap for the remaining places!