NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I'm amazed there weren't any red cards in that game :eek:

I'm disappointed Liverpool went out, of course, but we put in a good display for the majority of the two legs and only seem to be missing someone to finish off the chances being created. We faded towards the end, just after Balotelli came onto the pitch.. but maybe that was just a coincidence :indeed:

If Sturridge had been fit for even just one of the legs we'd have won, I'm certain of it.

Costa is a massive dick. 2 blatant and intentional stamps. Hope the FA ban him.

If Sturridge had been fit for even just one of the legs we'd have won, I'm certain of it.

Costa is a massive dick. 2 blatant and intentional stamps. Hope the FA ban him.

I'm certain you wouldn't have done and I hope Costa doesn't get banned. :p

I'm certain you wouldn't have done and I hope Costa doesn't get banned. :p

Really? The one thing we lacked over the two legs was a finisher. He'd have got on the end of one of the countless chances we had and the tie would be totally different.

Really? The one thing we lacked over the two legs was a finisher. He'd have got on the end of one of the countless chances we had and the tie would be totally different.

You never know, that was my point. It may have been different, but he may have fluffed the chances too or Courtios may have been equal to them and made the save, you just can't say.

Edited by Kav

You never know, that was my point. It may have been different, but he may have fluffed the chances too or Courtios may have been equal to them and made the save, you just can't say.

Yeah, its all ifs and buts really. Still, I was happy with our performance, just wish we had a striker to start banging our chances in.

Balotelli is an absolute waste of space. When he came on the guy just kept wandering about the pitch and showed no real get up and go. Even when we were on the attack he kind of just pottered about. I would have put Lallana on over him.

Yeah, its all ifs and buts really. Still, I was happy with our performance, just wish we had a striker to start banging our chances in.

Balotelli is an absolute waste of space. When he came on the guy just kept wandering about the pitch and showed no real get up and go. Even when we were on the attack he kind of just pottered about. I would have put Lallana on over him.

Balotelli gave away the ball to Hazard who immediately won the free kick which led to Ivanovic scoring after losing Balotelli as his marker. Balotelli was our best sub, haha.

Sakho going off injured was a miss for Liverpool. He gets the ball to countinho quickly and you saw once he went off that coutinho had less of the ball. Seeing Johnson come in instead of lovren just shows where lovren is right now. Club should sell him as he has been poor and is not needed.

Ballotelli is not the right fit for the way Liverpool play but he gets unfair criticism sometimes and is judged differently to other players. See when sterling held on to the ball instead of putting Gerrard in on goal, if that was Mario people would have went into meltdown. When Lambert shot over the bar instead of passing, if that was Mario it would have been an OTT reaction.

Seeing some people blaming him for the defeat over two legs is just silly.

Liverpool played very well and if Sturridge was on the pitch, there is no doubt they would have won the game.

The team is moving forward though, the team is creating chances and the defending is better. Sturridge will make a huge difference.

Ballotelli is not the right fit for the way Liverpool play but he gets unfair criticism sometimes and is judged differently to other players. See when sterling held on to the ball instead of putting Gerrard in on goal, if that was Mario people would have went into meltdown. When Lambert shot over the bar instead of passing, if that was Mario it would have been an OTT reaction.

I did go into meltdown. While playing Fifa with the lads on here i've said a few times just how ball greedy Sterling can be at times. He's done that sort of thing countless times during the course of the season and it always annoys me. Dude needs to look up once in a while.

Sakho going off injured was a miss for Liverpool. He gets the ball to countinho quickly and you saw once he went off that coutinho had less of the ball. Seeing Johnson come in instead of lovren just shows where lovren is right now. Club should sell him as he has been poor and is not needed.

Sahko was a complete mess last night and kept giving the ball away. I was glad when he went off.

If Sturridge was on the pitch both teams play would have been effected. Sterling wouldn't have been in the positions he was in and so in turn neither would have the other midfielders as they've been accommodating positions that would be different to the usual ones during play on the pitch.

As a result Chelsea would have played different in reaction to this. Liverpool might not have created the chances they did with a change, they may have created more yet they may have created less too, you may have scored but you may not have done to, we just don't know.

It's wrong to say you'd have "definitely" won because it's impossible to say.

Although, Chelsea were always winning that no matter what. :p

Sahko was a complete mess last night and kept giving the ball away. I was glad when he went off.

Sakho wasn't as comfortable as he normally is in possession but to say he kept giving the ball away is a complete OTT reaction. A few misplaced Passes!

Like I said though, him going off saw coutinho get less of the ball. Sakho finds coutinho effectively every week.

Sakho wasn't as comfortable as he normally is in possession but to say he kept giving the ball away is a complete OTT reaction. A few misplaced Passes!

Like I said though, him going off saw coutinho get less of the ball. Sakho finds coutinho effectively every week.

I think we have completely different opinions on Sahko then because I dont think he is ever comfortable on the ball and as I said, I thought he was a mess last night. I cant stand him.

I think we have completely different opinions on Sahko then because I dont think he is ever comfortable on the ball and as I said, I thought he was a mess last night. I cant stand him.

His completed pass stats are in the high 80% range. Always looks forward, never just punts the ball away. Average pass is 20 metres. He is very important for the way Brendan Rodgers wants to play.

He is the best defender at the club and way better then the walking time bomb Dan lovren.

Notice how since lovren was dropped, Liverpool concede less goals and actually keep clean sheets.

I'm convinced the ref forgot his red card, so was being really careful with the yellows lest he need to use it.

Although we are 1-0 down and against a team that is two divisons above us I am now getting excited for tonight.

Bramall Lane is a sell out. 30k plus buzzing Sheff Utd fans :D

Although we are 1-0 down and against a team that is two divisons above us I am now getting excited for tonight.

Bramall Lane is a sell out. 30k plus buzzing Sheff Utd fans :D

I am hoping you boys do it, it'd be awesome for us both to be in the final!

You're crazy if you think Sakho is poor on the ball. His pass stats are very good for a CB. Defo our best defender. I agree with everything you've said @khilafah, we're definitely heading in right direction.

Well done @dazzybee @Map! Spurs in the final.

What a 2nd leg though! I've just come back from Bramall Lane and now getting warmed up after freezing my bollocks off.

1st half the quality between the teams really did show. You could really tell that it was a game involving teams from opposite sides of the quality spectrum. We conceded from a free kick. 0-1 to Spurs, 0-2 agg. I thought it was all over and was just crossing my fingers that we just held that and not to embarass ourselves.

Then the second half came.

I don't know what Clough gave the players but we came out playing not like a team that was in League 1 but a team that could put up a decent fight against any Premier League team. Two goals from us. Atmosphere became electric at Bramall Lane. What a show! Spurs was not anything special in this half. They scored a late goal meaning they are through to the final.

So a draw at Bramall Lane against a top Premier League side that are two divisions above us isnt too shabby.

It's hard to explain but I do not feel disappointed at all about losing overall. That performance tonight was something that I as a season ticket holder feel extremely proud of. Dem Blades eh!

Last season we reached the semi-final of the FA Cup and this season the semi final of the League Cup. Passionately supporting your local boys don't seem to bad.

We have the stadium, the fans and can play quality football but we cannot for the life of us get out of that chuffing League 1!

One thing is for certain though i'm a very happy and proud Blade tonight! :D

Edited by Blade

Gah, I thought they were going to get another goal right at the end to win it. Would have been incredible. So close.

Good to see Costa get what he deserves. Could easily be double as he stamped on two separate occasions, but three will do.

Very surprised it wasn't bumped up to 4 for frivolous appeal. It was as blatant as they come.

What a result and performance from Spurs that was. Thought we'd struggle to be honest!

Now a week off before the scum!! My first NLD, can't wait!!

What a result and performance from Spurs that was. Thought we'd struggle to be honest!

Now a week off before the scum!! My first NLD, can't wait!!

I know, playing against perpetual relegation candidates is always tough. :heh:For Spurs that is.