NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I've made a bags of my Fantasy Football team this week. Was meant to have Ramsey in instead of Fonte. I guess I didn't confirm it and he's only gone and got an assist and the game's not over. FFS! I'd like to see this game end a draw.

I'm happy with our purchase of Diego Costa I must say, a lovely change from having Torres as the main man... 7 goals in 4 games! What a beast!

7 Assists for Fabregas as well. It's frustrating we didn't take first buy back option, Ozil just isn't playing well right now, but then Wenger insists playing him on the wing. Will possibly be dropped when Walcott comes back.

I'm happy with our purchase of Diego Costa I must say, a lovely change from having Torres as the main man... 7 goals in 4 games! What a beast!

Before todays hat trick, Costa's 4 goals in 3 games was really funny when compared to Torres. It took him 39 games to reach that target. 39 games! That's a full league season, I know they weren't all league games but still. The stats can only be worse after today.

If United don't splatter QPR today, they've no right playing football especially after splurging €200 million during the summer.

If United don't splatter QPR today, they've no right playing football especially after splurging €200 million during the summer.

4-0 splatter enoiugh for ya.

Can't beleive I didn't make Mata my captain in fantasy football and stuck in Falcao hoping he'd make a statement in goals in his first game :heh:

4-0 splatter enoiugh for ya.

Can't beleive I didn't make Mata my captain in fantasy football and stuck in Falcao hoping he'd make a statement in goals in his first game :heh:

I put Falcao in as well, thought he'd start and they've easy fixtures for the next while. Contemplated putting Costa in instead and I'm -8 points for the week on transfers. Shi.....zzle!

I put Falcao in as well, thought he'd start and they've easy fixtures for the next while. Contemplated putting Costa in instead and I'm -8 points for the week on transfers. Shi.....zzle!

lol, I did the same.... and I bloody used my wildcard last week too :(

A huge difference today compared with our previous performances. This was always going to happen once the new signings actually played. Rojo, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria and Falcao all took part, with Shaw being the only one who missed out. Rojo looked solid enough and got forward well, Blind broke things up nicely in midfield, Falcao made a steady first appearance and Herrera looked great on the ball. Di Maria is just on another level to every single player that we have. Him and Januzaj are our two best wingers since Ronaldo was here.

The pace of the midfield was just so much quicker. Di Maria, Blind and Herrera is just so much better on paper and in reality than what we've had in recent years. It was refreshing to actually see the balls going forward for a change. It's only one game and it does not at all mean that we've suddenly gotten over our bad spell, but it's a start. Our season starts here.

It's been a little worrying this weekend seeing Liverpool play so poorly and then witnessing the beginning of the rebirth of Man United :eek:

7 Assists for Fabregas as well. It's frustrating we didn't take first buy back option, Ozil just isn't playing well right now, but then Wenger insists playing him on the wing. Will possibly be dropped when Walcott comes back.

Yeah frustrates me no end to see Ozil shoved out wide. It doesn't make any sense to play your best player (and most expensive signing) anywhere but his best position which is behind the striker.

Really need more from him.

Just on the United resurgence, it's worth remembering that Spurs hammered QPR and then lost 3-0 to Liverpool.

The key for United is how they perform in the games against the top 4 and also Everton and Spurs. I don't think they'll finish top 4 but if they can do well against those teams then you never know.

The one concern for me regarding United is that RvP looked poor throughout and Rooney will never get dropped, despite his hit and miss performances over the past 2-3 years. I can't see them being consistent enough across the year to get back into top 4.

Well that was a good weekend for me. Bristol City put 3 past Doncaster Rovers, and United are going to win the league (j/k.. but not j/k)

Man... I loved looking at the goalscorer's list for the game... Di Maria, Herrera, Mata, Rooney.... reads like a friggin dream team. RVP had a great chance too from Di Maria's pass to him, and Falcao... so close to a debut goal.

All in all, exciting time. City Unbeaten still in League1 and United midfield looks pretty decent.

Obviously QPR wasn't the toughest test, but it's what United need to get these new guys to play together and build some moral up.

Obviously QPR wasn't the toughest test, but it's what United need to get these new guys to play together and build some moral up.

It was an expected result. I don't think anyone saw QPR actually doing anything at Old Trafford. The real test is when you play a decent side.

I was pleased with our point against Man City, thought we could have won it and probably should have held on. But we conceded two sloppy goals and I think Debuchy getting injured really unsettled us. Along with Wenger not going through with the subs he had lined up just before Sanchez scored. He had two players ready to come on and sat them down, our midfield needed to be re-energised. Only real complaint is Arsene is killing Ozil out wide left. Arshavin all over again.

Only real complaint is Arsene is killing Ozil out wide left. Arshavin all over again.

Ozil being played on the wing is just playing him because he cost a lot of money. He does nothing there, Wenger must see it. The Ox would've been a far better choice to start as he would at least track back.

Great weekend for Chelsea! Costa is amazing but I worry about his injury potential. Great to have Remy as back up though and Droggy of course.

Off to see them for the first time this season this Wednesday then again next Wednesday :)

What a way to make an impact on your full debut, you think the chance has gone with Hull getting back into their shape, but no, he comes up with something great.

I don't know if i missed something but I didn't understand Rodgers resting Sterling vs Villa. He's 19 and had 4 days to rest, like Hendo and every other england player.

We were already weakened by the lose of Sturridge, why intentionally make ourselves weaker by resting our best player? :confused:

Even then why wait so long to introduce him? He should have been on at half time.

That was one of the most pathetic Arsenal displays I've ever seen, most of the team didn't deserve to wear the shirt tonight, 2-0 flatters us hugely, could easily have been 7 if Dortmund had been more clinical up front.

Oh my god that was utterly glorious. Everything that is weak about arsenal was exemplified tonight - weak in defence, no steel in in midfield and Danny welbeck being atrocious... Just brilliant! Going to be a long few months to January for them I think.