NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Disappointing, I think Arsenal need this international break. Not been at our best at all early season and the inevitable injury concerns with Koscielny and Oxlade Chamberlain picking up injuries. I do think Wenger has to see that we need a striker, Sanogo put up a lot of effort but wasn't very effective, Podolski just didn't get into the game. Hope Walcott comes back into the team just so we have a balance up front. Great credit to Leicester though, worked their socks off and managed to get a great result, if they perform like this against the lower end teams they'll be fine.

Thought it was a very average Tottenham side, well beaten by a vastly superior Liverpool. I stand by what I said last week, a poor Tottenham were made to look good by 2 weak relegation candidates.

There was no "robbing", it was a soft penalty but it was still a penalty. In all honesty I should have been about 7-0, Tottenham are extremely lucky that we aren't playing our best stuff yet.

Urgh, that as awful. Striker please, Arsene. When you have high class players like Özil and Sanchez supplying balls, you need someone good to finish. Sanogo isn't good enough to be second choice striker.

Remy to Chelsea, Torres to AC Milan both done. Be interesting to see Remy at CFC after we sent him packing....

Another quality Leicester performance.... can't wait 'til we play an easy game...

Falcao to United... so how will United be lining up with everyone fit? Big players will be left out for sure.

They still need a right back and a central defender I reckon.

20m to LOAN a player? LOAN?!?! LOAN!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Great player before his injury though so good on them for that. But it's not a CB or a CM... if they get Schneiderlin I won't be happy!

Also, Spurs getting rid of Soldado to Monaco and us getting Welbeck will be the most frustrating thing that's ever happened in my life...

Ridiculous money for Falcao and it's not what United need. Still it's not my problem and he's riddled with injuries.

I'm liking the Falcao signing, and with the deal we get an option to buy at the end of the season. He is ageing though. Providing we strengthen at the back, this is one of the most ridiculous transfer windows I've heard of.

We need a big centre back who is confident on the ball and who can surge into space when it's available. Sergio Ramos please, Mr Woodward! Couple someone like him with Jones and then we're looking pretty solid with lots of options and cover to the left and right.

I do wonder about that midfield area though - Herrera, Di Maria and Mata are light-weight. We have no Toure or Fernandinho. Would Carrick be transformed with Mata and Di Maria alongside him? Quite possibly, considering Carrick has completed the second-highest amount of passes in the Premier League since 2008 (or something like that) and with those two with him things might start to click.

This is the BBC's verdict of the strongest United 11. I honestly don't know.

_77299102_84e304a3-11ff-4bda-8430-54531237f764.jpg

So @Fierce_LiNk, how would you line United up when everyone is fit?

4-3-3 maybe..?

De Gea,

Shaw, Rojo, Jones, Rafael

Di Maria, Carrick/Herrera, Mata

Rooney, Falcao, RVP

3-4-3..?

De Gea,

Jones, Rojo, Shaw

Di Maria, Carrick/Herrera, Mata, Januzaj

Rooney, Falcao, RVP

Or is this just trying to squeeze people in for the sake of keeping them happy?

EDIT... just as I'm typing this up Dwarf posts.

Edited by Kav

United have replaced RvP before Arsenal have. Who would have thought?

Could have swore we bought Giroud...

The thing is, Roons, RVP and Falcs are all top players - no denying that - but they aren't the fastest players on the planet. Ideally Di Maria would be playing further up the pitch. He can do a job in midfield, and he showed his ability to pick out great passes and make attacking runs from there, but his potential isn't maximised there and I'm not convinced of his defensive discipline.

Good deal for Man Utd that. I do think there are a few options now as outlined above. Will be interesting to see what certain players roles are now.

Man Utd with that team should not be where they are.

Will be interesting to see if there are any more Transfer Deadline Day activity :D

That BBC lineup is ridiculously unbalanced. Falcao and Rooney out wide in unnatural positions will offer absolutely zero defensive work rate, and a midfield with both Di Maria and Mata would be way too attacking and they'd be overrun easily.

They simply cannot fit in all these players, fact.

Van persie rooney and falcao all starting? Mata and Di maria in the middle?! Would get crucified that team. Luckily for Man U Van Gall wouldn't be that stupid!

4-4-2 with a diamond maybe..?

De Gea

Shaw, Rojo, Jones, Rafael

Carrick, Mata, Di Maria, Rooney

Falcao, RVP

They must be planning on doing a Liverpool last season and out-scoring nearly everyone.

When the foundation and walls of a house are made of paper, you don't make the roof heavier though.

Edited by Kav

Arsenal fans, are ye not worried that you haven't bought another striker?