NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

We thought Moyes was setting unwanted records, first time United have lost to lower league opposition by 4 goals and first second round exit since 1995.

I'm heart broken that I wasn't there tonight. We were utterly fantastic and the defensive 3 at the back of United were simply too inconsistent to deal with us. We should have had a penalty as well.

I was hugely surprised when United hired LvG and I still believe he's the wrong choice. They needed someone who would bring immediate results and he's defo not the person who can do that imo.

Wondering where Di Maria will play, will LVG change the system? Di Maria is primarlily a winger and they're playing wingbacks, seems a waste to play him that way. Maybe he'll play more as a "striker cutting in from the wing", like Henry did sometimes.

Van Gaal said earlier in the summer that his preferred formation is 4-3-3. He's played some sort of it everywhere he has been. The reason he gave for not choosing that at United is because "we don't have a player like Ronaldo or Di Maria", his "Robben", if you will. So, wouldn't be surprised if we switch to 4-3-3.

The formation is mostly irrelevant, no matter what many of the pundits are saying. What's shocking is that EVERY United player had a bad game tonight, including the ones who are in the first team. If you're a left back or a left wing back, you should still be down that wing, delivering crosses, tracking back, etc. Jonny Evans was fucking dreadful tonight. Even our keeper who is usually solid as a rock wasn't any good.

It's a confidence thing and many of our players were rock bottom last season. Many of them just simply aren't good enough to be at the club. Even then, you'd expect tackling, closing down, passion, a willingness to impress the new manager during a fucking transfer window where your arse can be shipped out of the club at a moment's notice. To me, many of the players are too comfortable and they're not determined to fight for the shirt. We lost that massively last season and it's going to take ages to get that back. Changing a formation won't bring back fight or determination.

I'm shocked at just how badly this team performed. Even the youngsters who you would expect to at least try and stake some sort of claim for the first team during this transition were awful. One of the worst performances that I've ever seen. I hope we learn from this and Van Gaal comes down on the team hard because this was embarrassing.

Well done to MK Dons, because they saw our weaknesses and used them.

How laughably embarrassing for United. Humiliated by MK Dons 4-0. United fans ye can't be happy about this? Don't say you don't care, you've no European football so domestic Cup runs is all you have/had. To say De Gea was your only recognizable first team player is disingenuous. There was the likes of Evans, Andersen, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck all with considerable first team experience. The bookies knew it wouldn't be a full strength team and still had the Dons at 7/1 to win. The world is once again laughing at United.

How laughably embarrassing for United.

What's more embarrassing is that you talk about United or Chelsea more often than you talk about your own. You're a bad ambassador for your team.

How laughably embarrassing for United. Humiliated by MK Dons 4-0. United fans ye can't be happy about this? Don't say you don't care, you've no European football so domestic Cup runs is all you have/had. To say De Gea was your only recognizable first team player is disingenuous. There was the likes of Evans, Andersen, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck all with considerable first team experience. The bookies knew it wouldn't be a full strength team and still had the Dons at 7/1 to win. The world is once again laughing at United.

Well, to quote big ol' Rafa, 'let's talk about facts', shall we?

The team we fielded against Sunderland:

01 de Gea

25 A Valencia

18 Young

42 Blackett

12 Smalling

04 Jones

24 Fletcher

23 Cleverley

08 Mata

20 van Persie

10 Rooney

The team we fielded against MK Dons:

01 de Gea

36 Vermijl

41 James

28 Anderson

06 Evans

38 Keane

37 Janko

26 Kagawa

14 Hernández

19 Welbeck

22 Powell

///

So it WAS just de Gea from the starting selection at the weekend. Players like Evans might have been first choice for brief periods in the past, but not this season.

We don't have Carrick, Herrera, Shaw or Rafael at the moment either, all of whom are key for us.

I'm not suggesting we're in a good state right now because it is pretty dire, but I still think we can turn things around and compete for a place in the CL. It'll be mightily difficult, certainly, but there's reason for hope. 4-3-3 with Di Maria and we could start to resemble a team capable of panache.

Your parochial views are really, really boring by the way, Wii. Raise your game.

01 de Gea

25 A Valencia

18 Young

42 Blackett

12 Smalling

04 Jones

24 Fletcher

23 Cleverley

08 Mata

20 van Persie

10 Rooney

01 de Gea

36 Vermijl

41 James

28 Anderson

06 Evans

38 Keane

37 Janko

26 Kagawa

14 Hernández

19 Welbeck

22 Powell

///

So it WAS just de Gea from the starting selection at the weekend. Players like Evans might have been first choice for brief periods in the past, but not this season.

We don't have Carrick, Herrera, Shaw or Rafael at the moment either, all of whom are key for us.

I'm not suggesting we're in a good state right now because it is pretty dire, but I still think we can turn things around and compete for a place in the CL. It'll be mightily difficult, certainly, but there's reason for hope. 4-3-3 with Di Maria and we could start to resemble a team capable of panache.

Your parochial views are really, really boring by the way, Wii. Raise your game.

Although it's by no means an excuse for tonight's piss poor performance, none of Van Gaal's signings have played in the last two games. Of his signings, only Herrera has really played and he barely completed a half of football. This isn't his team. There's too many players out to ignore and not having somebody like Michael Carrick available is a miss. Herrera aside, he's the only decent midfielder we have.

I'd still say Fletcher can do a good job in the big games but yeah, pretty much agree.

Your posts actually make me feel sick with how deluded you seem to be about your precious Tottenham Hotspur :blank: Realistically, it's entirely possible that you will beat us at White Hart Lane next weekend but on any given day, anybody in the top 6 or 7 is perfectly capable of beating each other. It's also highly likely that Spurs will be improved on last year because, let's face it, they have to be :heh:

Yeah... Damn me for being positive... I should just be a miserable fucker and wallow in bleakness...

I genuinely think we can finish 3rd. I genuinely think Liverpool will have a hard season and Man U have a weak squad. What is wrong with this? You think I'm deluded, fine. But to be so nasty about it is a bit weird.

I'd still say Fletcher can do a good job in the big games but yeah, pretty much agree.

You say that then tell me to raise my game.

Excuse me for a minute Dr.bob I need to borrow this.

YnqZZgi.gif

01 de Gea

25 A Valencia

18 Young

42 Blackett

12 Smalling

04 Jones

24 Fletcher

23 Cleverley

08 Mata

20 van Persie

10 Rooney

01 de Gea

36 Vermijl

41 James

28 Anderson

06 Evans

38 Keane

37 Janko

26 Kagawa

14 Hernández

19 Welbeck

22 Powell

///

This game was meant as a comeback for Evans from injury with a view to putting him back in the first team. LVG can't be impressed however. Also, players like Carrick and Rafael have yet to come back you say? :laughing: They can enjoy warming the bench next to Evans. You can say what you like but there was 6 players starting who all have first team experience and are meant to be internationals.

What's more embarrassing is that you talk about United or Chelsea more often than you talk about your own. You're a bad ambassador for your team.

I am not a bad ambassador for my team. I am a great one for Barcelona.

There's too many players out to ignore and not having somebody like Michael Carrick available is a miss. Herrera aside, he's the only decent midfielder we have.

You really are in big trouble so.

I don't think I've stated how truly humiliating this is. Just read the headlines. Maybe I do actually need to raise my game but can't be bothered. I'm only sorry I didn't see the match.

Oh and I'm very sorry. Congratulations to MK Dons on a terrific performance. I know United will get the headlines but MKD deserve the plaudits.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I'm a very happy Blade tonight.

Our boys took another Premier League scalp... :D

@Wii

Ferguson himself called Fletcher a 'big-game player' and for good reason. United won a smattering of trophies and advanced to late stages of tournaments when they didn't have the most talented players in the world. Of course they had a few stars, but the results were predominantly due to incredible team cohesion and sheer graft, namely from players like Fletcher who was an absolute rock in the middle with a great engine and pretty solid distribution to boot. Against the strongest sides we'd pack the midfield and he'd be the one hunting everything down. If you don't think he's of any merit then you honestly can't have anything to say about football - Ferguson's results speak for themselves and so do the performances. Fletcher isn't going to set the world on fire, but that's not what he's there for. He does his job extremely well.

You couldn't refute my comment about the team sheet and you can only argue in emoticons. Have you ever written anything worthwhile? I'd honestly love to see you try. Treat me, bitch!

DefenselessOptimalGrackle.gif

This right here highlights the major issues Man U have with their defense. Still, you can't take anything away from the player. It was a hell of a run.

Yeah... Damn me for being positive... I should just be a miserable fucker and wallow in bleakness...

I genuinely think we can finish 3rd. I genuinely think Liverpool will have a hard season and Man U have a weak squad. What is wrong with this? You think I'm deluded, fine. But to be so nasty about it is a bit weird.

Apologies if it came across as nasty.. I genuinely didn't mean it to be taken so viciously :hmm:

Your positivity may seem a little farfetched at times but fair play for having that belief. If I had said last season that Liverpool would finish second, I'm sure you would have been equally perplexed :wink:

The thing that probably irks me most about some of your posts is my general dislike for Spurs. The most likely reason for that is the fact that your team was a bit of a thorn in Liverpool's side in recent seasons :heh:

Apologies if it came across as nasty.. I genuinely didn't mean it to be taken so viciously :hmm:

Your positivity may seem a little farfetched at times but fair play for having that belief. If I had said last season that Liverpool would finish second, I'm sure you would have been equally perplexed :wink:

The thing that probably irks me most about some of your posts is my general dislike for Spurs. The most likely reason for that is the fact that your team was a bit of a thorn in Liverpool's side in recent seasons :heh:

No worries, I think it was the bit about my post making you feel sick... :)

That's fine though, I wouldn't have believed you no :) And maybe there'll be many twists again. Man U not having many games to play and the new signings could certainly see their fortunes turned. Unfortunately.

Always exciting at this stage as anything can happen!

DefenselessOptimalGrackle.gif

This right here highlights the major issues Man U have with their defense. Still, you can't take anything away from the player. It was a hell of a run.

The amazing thing about that goal is that United players actually touch the ball 2 or 3 times before he shoots! It's not as though he's dribbled it past them, he just wanted it more.

I did not miss that "Heart-in-mouth" feeling while watching an Arsenal game.

So relieved.