NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Before the season started I said to my mates we were going to struggle to break into the top 4 this year. Sixth sounds about right.

Last season, at times, we had serious defensive issues and only won because we scored more than they put past us. With Suarez now gone we can't depend on doing that now and need to be a lot tighter at the back.

Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan? You speak...sensibly... ;)

Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan? You speak...sensibly... ;)

I like to think i'm quite level headed when it comes to footy. I tell it how it is and if we play bad i'll call us out on it. Nothing worse than a delusional football fan who thinks his team are untouchable. I personally respect a fan more if they can actually openly criticise their team when thinks aren't clicking.

Giroud could be out for 3 months with a suspected broken Ankle, could be Wenger's excuse to bring another striker in.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Dammit. Why couldn't this happen next week. Though rumours of welbeck to arsenal make me happy!

Dammit. Why couldn't this happen next week. Though rumours of welbeck to arsenal make me happy!

So much bitter.

So much bitter.

How is this bitter? I actually think it's hilarious how bad your strikers are and rumours of getting an even worse one in. No bitterness. Just joy.

Obviously Suarez will be tough to replace, but no way would I write off Liverpool for top 4 yet.

So we lost to the champions, away, when we were without several players including Lallana, and our new striker. Guess what, a lot of teams are going to lose to City, including other top 4 candidates.

Arsenal haven't been convincing, and their striker looks like he's out for 3 months. Spurs haven't been tested yet. And Man Utd are struggling so far aswell. Liverpool are comfortably in the mix amonst those teams.

No chance of Spurs finishing above us, as we will show when we win at WHL.

We will defo finish top 4, our squad as a whole is a lot better.

No chance of Spurs finishing above us, as we will show when we win at WHL.

We will defo finish top 4, our squad as a whole is a lot better.

Haha. I think you're in the mix, I think the top 6, maybe 7 is leagues ahead. But I really don't think you have a great squad at all. We'll see obviously, but I think champions league and no Suarez is really going to make things difficult for you.

Roll on Sunday where someone's going to have some serious bragging rights ;)

How is this bitter? I actually think it's hilarious how bad your strikers are and rumours of getting an even worse one in. No bitterness. Just joy.

Soooo bitter you can't see through your delusion and hate. I wish I saved all the times you've told me Arsenal are this and that, and then you sorry mob, as always, fail to live up to your hype.

Soooo bitter you can't see through your delusion and hate. I wish I saved all the times you've told me Arsenal are this and that, and then you sorry mob, as always, fail to live up to your hype.

But you can't point out how it's bitter? Trust me, unless you end up getting someone actually good, I find it all very funny. Sanogo, giroud, welbeck... Too funny if it happens!

So Lampard has announced his international retirement.

England's best midfielder in the past 10 years.

But you can't point out how it's bitter? Trust me, unless you end up getting someone actually good, I find it all very funny. Sanogo, giroud, welbeck... Too funny if it happens!

Bitter: feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

There's the definition, take a look at what you posted and the reasons why you feel that way.

And Welbeck?... Are we talking about the same team here?

Bitter: feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

There's the definition, take a look at what you posted and the reasons why you feel that way.

And Welbeck?... Are we talking about the same team here?

But there's no anger, hurt or resentment. Just joy.

And what do you mean "are we talking about the same team here" There's rumours today saying arsenal could be in for welbeck due to girouds injury.

I watched the match last night and, to be honest, I didn't feel that bad about losing to Manchester City, even if does feel disappointing losing to a title rival ;)

I actually thought we played OK, certainly better than against Southampton, so I'm not too downhearted about it all. We did just get beat to the Premier League champions at the Etihad, after all. I'm sure there's no chance of that happening to Spurs, eh @dazzybee..? :indeed:

Your posts actually make me feel sick with how deluded you seem to be about your precious Tottenham Hotspur :blank: Realistically, it's entirely possible that you will beat us at White Hart Lane next weekend but on any given day, anybody in the top 6 or 7 is perfectly capable of beating each other. It's also highly likely that Spurs will be improved on last year because, let's face it, they have to be :heh:

It's definitely going to be an interesting season! A few weeks ago, I was genuinely concerned about Liverpool's prospects as despite how exciting some of our players are, part of me felt that there was little chance of repeating the heroics that nearly landed us the title last season. The additions we have made to the entire squad, however, are encouraging and I believe we are stronger overall. Suarez will undoubtedly be missed, but Lallana, Markovic and Balotelli should all provide some quality in the final third in addition to Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge. It would be ludicrous to be all doom and gloom at this point :indeed:

My biggest disappointment of the evening was actually at 3-1 when Lambert had a perfect opportunity to make it 3-2 but tried to pass to Sturridge instead. It showed a distinct lack of confidence and helped cement my concerns that he is unlikely to have much of an impact on us this season. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but if he smashed that ball past Joe Hart, we could have potentially nabbed a point in the last 5-10 minutes (including stoppage time)..

Fine margins..

Edited by nekunando
Spelling mistake

But there's no anger, hurt or resentment. Just joy.

And what do you mean "are we talking about the same team here" There's rumours today saying arsenal could be in for welbeck due to girouds injury.

There's years of hurt and resentment behind your views mate. One day you might finish above us...

We've also been linked with Reus and Cavani, but I don't see these making your magical lolz list. Lets talk with facts. We've got Giroud, Sanogo, Sanchez, Podolski, Walcott and Campbell who can all play a role up front. I'm not saying that's the best, or that it doesn't need improving, or that some of those players aren't better suited elsewhere. But that's some depth.

Edited by Ramar

So Lampard has announced his international retirement.

England's best midfielder in the past 10 years.

He's got all the time in the world now to sit back and eat a truckload of custard sandwiches now, then.

Class player, but he's doing it at the right time. We need the youngsters to come through and form the team for the next tournament. It's a shame that this generation never lived up to the hype. We had two great midfielders in Lampard and Gerrard and somehow couldn't make it work.

Also...

Bv-8S8vCcAAWAVe.jpg

Can't fucking believe it. Are Real Madrid out of their fucking minds?! That's a lot of money, but...wow, he was magnificent last season, him and Modric. I'm delighted. Never thought we could get Di Maria of all people, especially as he's in his the form of his career right now.

At a glance de Gea is the only regular in this team. That said, the passing is dreadful. Our squad is laughable compared to the likes of City although to be fair we do have a few key injuries.

I think Di Maria might just rival Luke Chadwick and Tevez for ugliest player ever in the Premier League.

Just when you though United couldn't play any worse...

They keep proving us wrong, time and time again. Di Maria should have asked for silly money to play for these clowns.

And now it's 4-0 to MK Dons, Benik Afobe with a brace. It's gonna take another transfer window at least to build a quality squad for the Red Devils.

Wondering where Di Maria will play, will LVG change the system? Di Maria is primarlily a winger and they're playing wingbacks, seems a waste to play him that way. Maybe he'll play more as a "striker cutting in from the wing", like Henry did sometimes.