NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Looks like James Rodriguez is going to Madrid then. Talk of a £71 million deal. Welp.

Nine Ligue 1 goals last season wasn't it?

Smells of when we signed Davor Suker.

So, Remy to Liverpool...what?

Fantastic deal, Considering we look look to be selling Borini for 14 million, lolz.

Fantastic deal, Considering we look look to be selling Borini for 14 million, lolz.

BR has already said you dont replace Luis 31 goals with one person. Instead next season we will be playing an attacking 1-1-8. Just stick Sahko in defence, Gerrard in midfield and all these attacking players upfront.

Im actually slightly worried about the emphasis being put on our attack. We had a weak defence, i was hoping for a few purchases in that area..... Unless we just aim to score 200 goals this season....

Loveran looks set to join this week. Just maybe a left back is required.

Southampton's squad has been decimated this Summer which is a real shame. Shaw, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana and most likely Schneiderlin.

I really hope that they reinvest this money into a good squad that can put in another great season.

Nine Ligue 1 goals last season wasn't it?

Smells of when we signed Davor Suker.

9 league goals and 11 assists from 34 appearances. That's pretty good coming from an attacking midfielder/winger. He's just turned 23. He'll be a success, imo. But, that's a looooooooot of money we're talking for potential.

That Borini deal is very good business for Liverpool if it goes ahead. As for Remy, a good striker but I wonder if Newcastle was his level. Not sure he'll be a success there.

Southampton's squad has been decimated this Summer which is a real shame. Shaw, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana and most likely Schneiderlin.

I really hope that they reinvest this money into a good squad that can put in another great season.

It was always going to happen, unless they went out first and bought players (high quality players) to convince the other players to stay. As soon as Lallana went, it had a domino effect and players wanted out. For the club, they had to sell now as the value for these players will drop (with the exception of maybe Shaw). There's no way Lambert, Schneiderlin or Lovren will/would have a better season without the likes of Lallana or Shaw playing with them and Pocchettino managing them. So, it was inevitable really. Unless Southampton stuck their feet in and said no...which they were never going to do with that kind of money being slung about.

Well. Borini is in the US with them during the pre-season US tour, and apperently doesnt want to switch club.

I think it would be stupid if we sold Borini. We need all the firepower we can get for the next season, if we want to do good in both PL and CL that is.

Well. Borini is in the US with them during the pre-season US tour, and apperently doesnt want to switch club.

I think it would be stupid if we sold Borini. We need all the firepower we can get for the next season, if we want to do good in both PL and CL that is.

Who are the strikers on Liverpool's books atm? Sturridge, Lambert, Borini and possibly Remy? Could work, but that is a great price for Borini. I can't see him being worth more than that next year as he will behind all of those other strikers at Liverpool, so will inevitably get less game time. Will be surprised if Liverpool don't cash in now.

Edit: In more important news, Club Hero Patrice Evra has gone to Juventus. Amazing player for us. Will miss him greatly at the club, although I think he is doing the right thing by moving on.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I think Remy and Lambert will be options/back up (Borini would be the same and probably behind those two), so the £8.5 mil and £4 mil we paid for them seems decent for those roles. There won't be too much pressure for not playing those two, if Rodgers has signed two £20 mil strikers he couldn't play them both and Sturridge at the same time so he would get grief for leaving expensive players on the bench.I think he's putting his faith in Sturridge as the main man, but will hope Remy and Lambert support and challenge him. although we have so many versatile players it wouldn't surprise me to see Sturridge pushed out wide to accomodate Remy or Lambert if they're in form.

Speaking of £20 mil players, I don't know a lot about this Markovich guy, that's a lot of money for a 20 year old. We've wasted a lot of money on 'prospects' in the past, only for them to make very little impact and end up on loan and/or sold at a loss. At that price he really needs to be in the starting line up or at least knocking very loudly on the door.

I'm really interested to see how the attack and midfield shapes up with all these versatile attacking options.

I used to watch Borini a lot when he was at Chelsea, in both our youth and reserve teams. The kid had bags of potential, he had class to his play too. It's infortunate he's not really fulfilled his potential as I thought he would do, but saying that injury has hampered him too.

I hear Brazil appoint Dunga as their manager. A proper u wot M8 moment. I thought they didn't like Dunga's style when he was there last?

Someone in the office said today that Real's front line of Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo and Rodriguez are worth more than every single player Ajax have bought since 1990.

Someone in the office said today that Real's front line of Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo and Rodriguez are worth more than every single player Ajax have bought since 1990.

I read that, too. Not sure if it's on the BBC Sport page or the RedCafe forums.

It's not that surprising really. Pretty sure Ajax over the years have produced a lot of their key players through the youth system. They're not well known for spending stupid amounts of money on big signings, as far as I know.

Real Madrid, though. Considering the money that they've spent in the last decade, they probably expected more trophies. They've had/have got Casillas, Raul, both Ronaldos, Kaka, Bale, Figo, Roberto Carlos, David Beckham, Ozil, Zidane, Robben, Sneijder, Higuain, Van Nistelrooy, Cannavaro...the list goes on. That's an incredible amount of players and I've skimped on quite a few too, including some of their current lot like Di Maria (immense last season), Sergio Ramos, etc.

A bit insane really looking at what they've had to work with and given the amount of money that they've spent. This makes Atletico Madrid's title victory and Champions League Final appearance look even more spectacular.

Messi Suarez Neymar

v

Bale Ronaldo Rodriguez

Funny feeling we won't see many 0-0 El Classico's in the next wee while.

I'm completely original in all that I say and do.*

*The thought from the previous post came from a discussion with a friend who may well have stolen it from elsewhere

Arsenal sign Ospina, according to Nice

Good to see some confirmation, waiting for the confirmation on Arsenal's side now.

Transfer news: Arsenal set to sign Southampton defender Calum Chambers for £16m fee

Calum Chambers, that's an interesting one, another Southampton first team player out of St Mary's? Almost all of their first 11 have left, will they survive next season?

Live pictures from Southampton's 1st team training session:

db2453-206-million-in-cash.jpg

Not going to pretend I watch Ligue 1 and know anything about Ospina. However it's a position that needed filling, he was cheap, good age and bought before August. So consider me happy.

Not sure what to make of the Chambers rumours, seems we're paying money for another player similar to Jenko.

Need a defensive mid next and possibly a striker* and we'll be ready.

* If we keep Campbell and Wenger plays Sanchez up top then we probably don't need another one.

Torres! Sweet baby jesus, I've never seen anyone lose it so badly and just never look to be getting it back...

In his defence it is punted at his chest. Not a lot he could do there except try his best to redirect it.

gun__1406542116_ospina_arsenal2.jpgcalum-chambers-arsenal_3179669.jpg?20140728155406

That's 4 signings now, bet those people who didn't renew their season tickets because they thought we'd have a shit transfer window feel mighty silly right now.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Steady on Liverhampton.

I've never said I said I support Liverpool but carry on.

Also that's rich coming an Arsenal fan whose club has an unhealthy predilection for Southamptons teenage kids.