NEurope
Wii

Capcom now open for takeover

If Nintendo buys Capcom, then Phoenix Wright should be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 5

Possibilities are endless.

Who is actually left over there that is worth keeping?( serious question as I have no idea ) Most of the talent seemed to have moved elsewhere during the last generation. I wouldn't be buying Capcom for their talent but simply for their IPs.

I'd agree, but there's some damn good IPs there, and I think they'd have a nice home on Nintendo's systems. It's a shame there isn't all the same talent - though who knows, if Nintendo do a good job they can maybe manage to foster new talent in a good way, or even tempt back some of the old.

Sadly it's unlikely, though.

Either Nintendo or Sony for me. Although, Nintendo probably need them more. It would solve so many problems in the sense that Nintendo would then have an outlet who could then provide the games that they can't or won't. Capcom's games cover a wide range of genres.

I can't see Nintendo doing it. But, they SHOULD do it. If not them, it would be a smart move for Sony. Making the likes of Street Fight, Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter exclusives is a good bit of business.

Sadly I see this as the most likely possibility too - I'd only wonder whether right now Sony have the money/desire to take the risk. I have a feeling they've played very conservatively with PS4(and cleverly with that, mind) but it may have run them down to a bit of a minimum. Longer term plan with no surprises like this anticipated, but who knows. It's definitely a smart move for them if they do.

If Nintendo buys Capcom, then Phoenix Wright should be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 5

Possibilities are endless.

TAKE THAT!

Though SSB5? It's taken us 6 and a half years to just get SSB4, god knows when we'll get SSB5...if ever!

Wonder if Sony and Nintendo agree with Capcom to go for a 50/50 split on the company. Each getting Capcom's game franchises between them, would do both a world of good.

Devil May Cry is Capcom right?... All doze gaimes. :heart:

Do it Nintendo... But of course they probably won´t. Sony looks viable somehow.

They also missed out on the amazing VS series of games. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox was godly.

Well we did get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom so at least Nintendo gamers got one VS title, although I guess you're referring specifically to the Marvel vs. Capcom titles which I'm sure more people would have probably wanted (though, in my opinion, I still contend that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was better than Marvel vs. Capcom 3).

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo would or should do it and many within Capcom would probably uproots if they did fall under Nintendo. Considering Nintendo don't even know how to bring back some of their own franchises, god knows how they'd manage with Capcom's own titles added to that list. Even if they simply left them to make the games on their own, they'd still bottleneck the breadth of titles that Capcom would release.

All Nintendo should do is get those Capcom IP's and put Intelligent Systems on the case with Breath of Fire. :awesome: The rest will take care of itself.

God why would anyone want Nintendo to buy Capcom and stifle them to old hardware? Capcom aren't Nintendo they won't push the Wii U anywhere near as far in my opinion.

God why would anyone want Nintendo to buy Capcom and stifle them to old hardware? Capcom aren't Nintendo they won't push the Wii U anywhere near as far in my opinion.

I know. There is literally no franchise I like that I would want Nintendo to get hold of.

That was rubbish. The only interesting bit was about Japanese company control and then they just meandered about nothing for ages, stating the obvious rubbish. They didn't go anywhere near things like Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick which have done pretty well as mobile games, which totally contradicts a lot of what they stated.

All I can say about the situation is that if my company was to buy Capcom, I'd be wanting to go in there to get shit sorted out. Their brand abuse is horrendous and some of the creative direction (or lack of it) is incredibly telling.

For crap's sake. Games aren't about bloody hardware or specs. The Wii U is a powerful enough console to realise so many developer's plans.

No developer for the Wii U is "stifled" to old hardware. Stop it.

Edited by Serebii

For crap's sake. Games aren't about bloody hardware or specs.The Wii U is a powerful enough console to realise so many developer's plans.

The vast majority of 3rd parties would disagree. :D

For crap's sake. Games aren't about bloody hardware or specs. The Wii U is a powerful enough console to realise so many developer's plans.

Assuming you are a developer and are determined to make great original games...why would you want to release your games on the Wii U?

Very much disagree on the specs - why put your games on a console that massively limits your output (next gen graphics and robust online are a no no).

To put it another way, if you were selling baked beans you wouldn't want to use cheaper ingredients, put them in worse packaging and have them sold in a worse position on the shelf, would you?

The vast majority of 3rd parties would disagree. :D

When they begin to properly optimise their games so they aren't frontloaded with day one patches that exceed 1GB, then I'll start to care what third parties have to say.

When they begin to properly optimise their games so they aren't frontloaded with day one patches that exceed 1GB, then I'll start to care what third parties have to say.

Haha. Sour much?

Dude, you seriously need to calm down and take off the fanboy goggles. You're getting worse.

Dude, you seriously need to calm down and take off the fanboy goggles. You're getting worse.

Sorry, but the things third parties are doing is getting worse. A 13GB day one patch? No. Just. No.

With that and things like Battlefield 4? Urgh. It's disillusioning

I couldn't care less if they come with a Day 1 patch. So long as their games continue to be more original and exciting than most of Nintendo's output, I am fine.

I couldn't care less if they come with a Day 1 patch. So long as their games continue to be more original and exciting than most of Nintendo's output, I am fine.

Well I completely disagree. Third parties seldom have games that excite me, especially more than Nintendo games.

Sorry, but the things third parties are doing is getting worse. A 13GB day one patch? No. Just. No.

Seriously, what the heck is your problem? How many games have a 13GB patch? Seems very much like you are cherry picking examples to tar an entire crowd.

Even then, why does this 'ruin' it for you? Are you on dialup internet?

Well I completely disagree. Third parties seldom have games that excite me, especially more than Nintendo games.

That's because you have an unhealthy fixation with Nintendo. Anyone here could tell you that.

Seriously, what the heck is your problem? How many games have a 13GB patch? Seems very much like you are cherry picking examples to tar an entire crowd.

Even then, why does this 'ruin' it for you? Are you on dialup internet?

That's because you have an unhealthy fixation with Nintendo. Anyone here could tell you that.

The day one patches are getting larger and larger. Wolfenstein had a 7GB one. Every other week we get word of a game with a large day one patch. It is unacceptable that people just sit and take it.

It eats up space on my hard drive, and many places, especially in the US, have bandwidth caps and/or slow Internet. Just because you and I don't, doesn't mean I don't empathise.

I also don't have an unhealthy fixation. I just haven't become as cynical and disillusioned with fun as many people here have.

The day one patches are getting larger and larger. Wolfenstein had a 7GB one. Every other week we get word of a game with a large day one patch. It is unacceptable that people just sit and take it.

Why the fuck is that unacceptable?

Game sizes (read: Next gen PS4/X1 games) have ballooned in size so you can expect game patches to increase from now.

In the month or so between games being sent off for burning and packaging/shipping I would be downright appalled if the developers just sat on their backsides and considered their games done. Good for them that they are continuing to find things they can fix or tweak. In an ideal world there would be no errors in their game, but given how complex games have become it's hardly outrageous that there are still bugs to be ironed out, some of which might even be spotted by critics and whatnot in that month or so period. As long as the bugs aren't gamebreaking, which they almost always aren't, I'm happy.

As for the internet speed woes, cry me a god damn river. Nearly everyone in the UK has at least 2Mb broadband, many even higher, so you're looking at an hour max for most people for your average game patch. Hardly the end of the world.

Just because you and I don't, doesn't mean I don't empathise.

What?! You don't have any damn issue whatsoever with broadband speed yet are making a big deal about it. Any excuse to criticise, right?

I also don't have an unhealthy fixation. I just haven't become as cynical and disillusioned with fun as many people here have.

You are one of the most cynical people here and categorically, without a shadow of a doubt, the most disillusioned person here, it's just that you are those things to anything not Nintendo (or for Nintendo, if trying to support it).

But you're talking about extremes AGAIN. I've played dozens of 3rd party issues and haven't had any problems. Just because you play Battlefield 4 and it effected you doesn't mean every game by every third party is the same.

And I'm a bit confused about what the problem is with the day 1 patch? Surely as long as you have a console with a hard drive it will download straight onto it? Of course you couldn't do the same with Wii U due to the small memory but any other console or PC would be fine. It's a non issue.

Again, you're talking about extremes and missing the point.

But you're talking about extremes AGAIN. I've played dozens of 3rd party issues and haven't had any problems. Just because you play Battlefield 4 and it effected you doesn't mean every game by every third party is the same.

And I'm a bit confused about what the problem is with the day 1 patch? Surely as long as you have a console with a hard drive it will download straight onto it? Of course you couldn't do the same with Wii U due to the small memory but any other console or PC would be fine. It's a non issue.

Again, you're talking about extremes and missing the point.

13GB is the extreme, yes, but very large patches are a significant issue that keep cropping up. Dead Rising had a similar size, but not day one, Wolfenstein had one, and it just keeps happening.

The issue I have with day 1 patches is that it indicates that the game isn't ready. How will people act when they've removed the patch due to needing the space (since it's so big on a limited hard drive), and go to play it after the servers go down? The game will be glitched and incomplete and that is unacceptable.

Yes, @Sheikah, I may have fast Internet, as may many others, but that doesn't make it acceptable yet. Have some consideration for the others. I care about other people, that's what makes me human.

Also, just because I have differing views to you does not mean I'm cynical or disillusioned.