NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Metro: Redux

Includes Metro Last Night, and the original game Metro 2033 (remade in the Last Light engine), updated for next gen consoles. Or they can be bought and downloaded separately online.

I read the book of Metro 2033 (which is fantastic) in preparation for Metro Last Light on PS3 (which I have downloaded on PS Plus), but I think I'll just wait and give this a go at some point! Looks really good.

I have the original on PC and the second on PS+, and although I enjoyed them both I didn't really get stuck into them.I think I'll pick this up though and give them another try as it looks like it could be the definitive edition.

Whilst I've got both on PC, I'll definitely be picking this up! Metro 2033 was great, and Last Light was one of my favourite games of last year. Is there actually a concrete release date yet? Last I heard, it's out sometime in the summer, but that's incredibly vague...

Whilst I've got both on PC, I'll definitely be picking this up! Metro 2033 was great, and Last Light was one of my favourite games of last year. Is there actually a concrete release date yet? Last I heard, it's out sometime in the summer, but that's incredibly vague...
Yeah the developer just said 'Summer' at E3, but Amazon has it down for August 29th.

I've been keeping my eye on this. Not sure whether to just dive in or wait for it to become cheaper. It's going to release for something like 32 quid, right? For two games, that's pretty sweet.

I've been keeping my eye on this. Not sure whether to just dive in or wait for it to become cheaper. It's going to release for something like 32 quid, right? For two games, that's pretty sweet.
Yeah Amazon actually has the PS4 version down for £29.86! a few pound cheaper than the XboxOne version.

Given that Metro Last Light came on to Plus, it may well be one of those games you can wait on. But then it's always nice to instantly support the devs and buy the game(s) if it takes your fancy.

Yeah the developer just said 'Summer' at E3, but Amazon has it down for August 29th.

Cheers for that. :) That sounds pretty decent, although there's still way too many games coming out around that time. I fear for my poor wallet.

I wish I liked these as I love the setting, but having to constantly find gas filters really annoyed me. It was like playing an entire game (at least the outdoor sections) of underwater levels. Too tense for my liking.

Metro Redux Uncovered

Looks really good and great value. I played Last light on Plus and really enjoyed it but haven't played 2033 yet so will pick this up when there is a break in the release schedule.

Preordered my copy today. I already have 2033 on PC but just never got around to playing it properly despite being pretty impressed by the start section I played.

I preordered Metro 2033 Redux, already played Last Light on PC and I doubt there'd be any real difference between the original on max settings and the redux version. Tried to go back to 2033 after Last Light though and it was pretty much unplayable, it'll really benefit from the systems and models of the sequel.

It's great they're coming to PS4, Last Light especially is a really, really beautiful game.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if Destiny wasn't out so soon after.

Guys, there's quite a few deals for this knocking about on HotUkDeals. The cheapest I believe that I've seen for it so far is around the £23/24 mark. Great price for two games and it looks genuinely fucking great.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if Destiny wasn't out so soon after.

Same here, already have a few other games to finish as well. Probably pick this up December time.

Wolfenstein and Metro will both wait til Christmas/when I'm done with Destiny, whichever comes last.

Because its European release is the 29th

I checked the US store yesterday and couldnt see it to pre order but just looked and its up now to buy.

Guuuuys, this is on the PSN store's deal of the week page. £19.99 for both games digitally.

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't go for it. Is it likely to be cheaper? I quite like the idea of going for it digitally and that price is a tenner for each game...seems like a steal to me.

I have a lot of games currently to play, so the only reason I would be buying it now would be to not miss out on the deal. Whether I get it now or wait for it later, I want to play the game at some point.

I've been playing 2033 redux all day and I'm really enjoying the setting, backstory and survival horror elements. Great game. :)

A big bump for an old thread, but I had a craving to go back to 2033 Redux as I didn't get around to finishing it. I started it last night and am probably around a quarter/a third of the way through so far. Dare I say it, I'm probably enjoying it more this time around than I did originally. I love the setting and atmosphere!

Sign in to follow this