NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hogge

Wii U: Abundance of 2D games?

If 2.5D games are NOT easier/cheaper to make than fully 3D ones, then that's even worse. That means Nintendo has spent countless hours and money on them instead of something comparable to Zelda which would bring more owners to the system.

Dear god, NSMB really does have one of the worst art styles of any game ever made.

When you see Wario Shake Dimension, DKCTF, Yoshi's Woolly World, Clay Kirby... it's just a sham!

Launch and show off your consoles with 2D games like the above, not that uninspired shit.

Sure, Nintendo have improved, but let's look at what's already come out:

2D

Mario Bros U

Luigi U

Dr. Luigi

Donkey Kong Country Returns

NES Remix 1

NES Remix 2

3D

Mario Kart 8

Pikmin 3

Mario 3D World

Game & Wario

Nintendoland

Wii Sports Club

Wind Waker HD

Uncategorised

Wii Fit U (1D?)

With so much 2D content already out, the Wii U has filled its quota of 2D for... well, as long as it takes Nintendo to win back the major third parties. And since blokes like lists, here are games Nintendo can make, which are going to sell well and shift systems, IF DONE RIGHT.

Metroid

Waverace

Excitebike

F-Zero

Pilotwings

A proper 3D Mario game (3D World is okay, but doesen't hold a candle against SM64)

Pokémon Stadium

You missed titles like Pokémon Rumble U and The Wonderful 101 for 3D...

Dear god, NSMB really does have one of the worst art styles of any game ever made.

When you see Wario Shake Dimension, DKCTF, Yoshi's Woolly World, Clay Kirby... it's just a sham!

Launch and show off your consoles with 2D games like the above, not that uninspired shit.

NSMB started on the DS where it was limited by hardware. I think it was a brilliant game but instead of innovating and moving with the technology they've pretty much just copied and pasted that template since.

They're fond of this practise. Where do you think Super Mario 3D World came out of?

NSMB started on the DS where it was limited by hardware. I think it was a brilliant game but instead of innovating and moving with the technology they've pretty much just copied and pasted that template since.

They're fond of this practise. Where do you think Super Mario 3D World came out of?

Oh here we go.

Super Mario 3D World was FILLED with creativity. It wasn't just a copy/paste.

Oh here we go.

Super Mario 3D World was FILLED with creativity. It wasn't just a copy/paste.

Whatever, I still don't like it. It did of course build on it's predecessor and there was some creativity as you say. My point is more they used 3D Land as a template for the game.

Whatever, I still don't like it. It did of course build on it's predecessor and there was some creativity as you say. My point is more they used 3D Land as a template for the game.

Isn't that kinda like saying they used Super Mario Bros as a template for Super Mario Bros. 3?

We're about to dive down the simulacrum rabbit hole aren't we?

I personally love the 2D platformer genre, especially when Nintendo have a crack at it. They are always bright and colourful and usually have an awesome soundtrack to go with them. Sure, there are stinkers from time to time ( Yoshi 3DS ) but they are few and far between.

I've recently played through Kirby 3DS and it is one of my top games this year. It's easy but it's full of charm and an absolute joy to play.

I don't get the hate for the NSMB series either. Granted, the look of the games feel very generic and flat but the gameplay is great, especially the post game stuff that always provides a good challenge.

I don't mind that Nintendo seem to be favouring them over 3D platformers. As long as they are fun then I'm a happy chappy. Bring them on I say!

*goes back to playing Wario Land 4 on Wii U VC*

Sign in to follow this