NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Surround sound audio and wires

I'm looking into getting a surround sound system set up in the living room in the flat I'm moving to soon but I'm struggling with wires. I don't want them everywhere!

What is the most common thing that people do to hide wires in rented accommodation? I can't put them under the floor or in the walls etc as that would cause a fair bit of damage to the property.

What options are there?

The basic system I'm wanting is speakers and bass connected to the TV that also lets me plug in a device with a 3.5mm jack and there will be speakers dotted around the room.

In an ideal world the 3.5mm jack would be complimented with bluetooth so no wire is needed to play music from my phone.

Furthermore, if I could have speakers in other rooms that are all synced with the main sound and could be played independently that would be awesome.

You could go wireless, but they're a lot more expensive for the same quality.

The best option for hiding wires would be to run them along the skirting board. You'd need to hold them in place. Do you think you could nail hooks into the skirting boards? (You could hide it with a lick of paint when you move out.)

My wires just run under the carpet. Was the best way to make sure there were no wires visible at all.

I looked at sound bars (Yamaha ones were best at the time) too, but the size of them put me off. (This was 2yr ago though).

Sign in to follow this