NEurope
Beast

Dudes, I'm sort of freaking out!

It was my last ever shift at the shoe shop today. It was actually pretty cool. I hardly did a thing all day and all of the shoecare that I got, I gave away to my friend who was in trouble so now he's on £20, haha. I just sat down for half of the shift, doing nothing. I got some nice things as well and I've also won a prize for getting the most shoecare as well (but I highly doubt I'll be getting the prize anytime soon- I'd be more shocked if I did).

I did no measures, I didn't face any bitches and it was just pure laughs all the way. I've had a couple of people say they're going to really miss me, which is nice to know, and they said they'd also miss my assistant manager as well. I'm glad I got out of the company when I did because I found out that the manager I don't get along with will be making a lot more appearances.

Very happy right now! Still a little nervous but it's really hit home today that I've actually left! So weird!

It was my last ever shift at the shoe shop today. It was actually pretty cool. I hardly did a thing all day and all of the shoecare that I got, I gave away to my friend who was in trouble so now he's on £20, haha. I just sat down for half of the shift, doing nothing. I got some nice things as well and I've also won a prize for getting the most shoecare as well (but I highly doubt I'll be getting the prize anytime soon- I'd be more shocked if I did).

I did no measures, I didn't face any bitches and it was just pure laughs all the way. I've had a couple of people say they're going to really miss me, which is nice to know, and they said they'd also miss my assistant manager as well. I'm glad I got out of the company when I did because I found out that the manager I don't get along with will be making a lot more appearances.

Very happy right now! Still a little nervous but it's really hit home today that I've actually left! So weird!

Good luck with the new role. Always look forward, don't surround yourself with nobheads and you will be fine :)

Freaking out now! One day left and I'm officially working in another shop. It's actually starting to freak me out a bit. I'm obviously being daft but it just feels...strange...but I know I've made the right decision. The shoe shop is now a no-go zone. All of the staff outside of management are actually begging for transfers/another job. It's going to be two of the management I hate that will be running things. I'm happy I left when I did. This job couldn't have come at a better time! I'm just panicking but I'm sure I'll be fine...

Of course it is - you're just nervous because this is something new, which is perfectly natural and understandable. :) You're going to kick ass, and you know it!

Of course it is - you're just nervous because this is something new, which is perfectly natural and understandable. :) You're going to kick ass, and you know it!

I know I'll be shit at first but it's something I need to get used to! I know I'm being stupid and tomorrow, I'm going to get even more ridiculous but I just need to calm down, spend all day tomorrow chilling as much as I can and just have fun and enjoy myself. Ugh, I hate being this crap sometimes, lmao.

Can you not go in and ask if they could recommend some professional work shoes?

I wouldn't trust them to pick out shoes for me as far as I could throw them, haha.

I'm so nervous now! Tomorrow, at 11am, I'll be walking in and actually starting a new job! I know I'm doing the right thing because the only remaining boss who actually turned out to be cool has left and now it's the two sticklers who would have made my life Hell.

Obviously, I'm having doubts creeping in because, you know, this is me, but I should be okay. I hope it's easy work and I hope the staff are easy to get along with.

So how was your first day, boy? Did you show them all that you're a boss ass bitch?

#SuchIsLife

So how was your first day, boy? Did you show them all that you're a boss ass bitch?

#SuchIsLife

Oh my decades, it was amazing!

So I went in and I were proper nervous and shit and they were all "You'll totally be fine" and stuff. They made me watch a shitload of DVDs that took me about an hour and a half to get through and then I was taught all about fire evacuations and whatnot. After that, I was till-trained and it only took about 5 minutes until I knew exactly what I was doing. Another AWESOME thing is that this week, the store's target was to sell this perfume for men and women, it was Police to Be and it's on offer at the minute. My assistant manager there told me that it's normally hard to sell them on your first week so what happened to me on my first customer? She only gone and bought a pissing bottle! It was amazing! After a few customers, I had another one asking me what would make a good gift for her man. Obviously, I was like "Try this Police to Be" and proper boasted about how awesome it smells and how men like to wear it and she bought a bottle off me too! haha. My assistant manager was well impressed!

So I was taught about locking up, pick-ups, tidying the shopfloor and delegating tasks, checking out-of-date stock, spillages and banking and shit and it's a LOT easier than it is in Brantano. I actually think this could be manageable! The staff seem very nice too. Today was awesome though, I just hope everyday will be like this.

Oh and the best thing? I've got given my own set of keys to the store! I'm just a bit scared of losing them, haha. But yeah, everything is awesome!

It's a good thing I left when I did as well because, apparently, the supervisor I sort of don't get along with has been asked to be an assistant manager. He turned it down and now it's a guy from another store who's going to cover as one instead and, from what I heard, he can be a proper knob! Looks like this job couldn't have come at a better time!

I'm just hoping most of the days will be like today.

Oh and I actually reek of Police to Be and it smells awesome!

everything is awesome!

Everything IS cool when you're PART of a TEAM.

My BINS: Stay AWAY from THEM.

Edited by Iun

You know what mate good on you I read over this thread and whilst it seems like a rocky ride at times I truly think one day you'll look back and this will be the greatest decision you ever made.

Everything IS cool when you're PART of a TEAM.

My BINS: Stay AWAY from THEM.

Everything IS awesome when we're LIVING our DREAMS! Woo!

You know what mate good on you I read over this thread and whilst it seems like a rocky ride at times I truly think one day you'll look back and this will be the greatest decision you ever made.

I agree with you. I've been having doubts but now, I'm a lot better. Hopefully, most days will be like it is yesterday but my old workplace is definitely a no-go! I just hate the management now. The old assistant manager starts the other store today and he texted me he was on his way and wasn't looking forward to it. I was like "You'll be fine. Just take no shit", haha.

I can't actually believe how lucky I've been. Usually bad stuff happens to me. Like I'd go for that interview, I wouldn't have got it and I'd be stuck in the shitstorm that's happened right now but the timing on this job has been impeccable!

You guys have been totally awesome, being there for me so thank you all so much! It's great to know there's someone I can turn to whenever I feel a lot of doubts or whatnot!

I still reek of that perfume, it's awesome!