NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Shigeru Miyamoto Games

I'll believe it when I see it!

I'll be keeping a closer eye on Miyamoto from now on, this has been uncharacteristically of disappointing of him.

One or two shoddy early showings ruins Shigsy' legendom? No.

He can make things work - shown it consistently for the past how-many-years. I believe, without seeing. True faith! ;)

I was very disappointed by these, looked like crappy tech demos or Nintendo Land DLC at best - and when I heard Miyamoto had been working on new games to push the GamePad, I was expecting something as hard hitting as Wii Sports and Fit, not this! Ah well, at least there were other good things on offer. Miyamoto was probably just drunk all of last year.

I'd same they're same level. Those two weren't games and neither are these.

One or two shoddy early showings ruins Shigsy' legendom? No.

He can make things work - shown it consistently for the past how-many-years. I believe, without seeing. True faith! ;)

But that's not what I said at all. I said it was uncharacteristically disappointing of him, which it is. I think these are nothing more than experiments to gauge interest. No doubt there's more, but there's no way this is the level that could be achieved by Miyamoto. It just seems like he's at the point of grasping at straws on how exactly to make the gamepad work in a unique way.

But that's not what I said at all. I said it was uncharacteristically disappointing of him, which it is. I think these are nothing more than experiments to gauge interest. No doubt there's more, but there's no way this is the level that could be achieved by Miyamoto. It just seems like he's at the point of grasping at straws on how exactly to make the gamepad work in a unique way.

Didn't mean to put words in your, er, message dude - I just think its fair, based on pedigree, to say Shigsy will release these games 'once they're ready'.

These offerings were poor.

When I heard that he was working on Star Fox I was over the moon. But now episodic content and eShop budget nonsense is being bandied about I'm not too happy.

I am not sure what he's been doing since the end of the Wii's content, but if this is all he's done in three years it's pretty appalling. Especially considering how rough and basic they looked.

Well for what it's worth, I liked them...:heh:

...neither of the two main games demoed looked like they'd end up being full retail titles at this stage but I think that's the point.

It was just nice to see a couple of projects shown in-depth at such an early stage in their development and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all three games ended up being released as 'Miyamoto Collection' or something similar but honestly I'd be happier if the two newer IP's ended up being eShop titles and that Starfox ended up being made into a more substantial offering shown at E3 in near-finished form next year, due for release a couple of months after. ;)

But for now I wouldn't mind seeing the current Starfox appear as an episodic eShop title as some form of teaser a few months from now, I'm quite happy either way. : peace:

I agree with @S\.C\.G. These games have potential. The robot one looks like it could a lot of fun if properly fleshed out and the guard one looks like it'll be so awesomely stressful.

And come on, we're getting a new Star Fox. That's nothing to whine about

I agree with @S\.C\.G. These games have potential. The robot one looks like it could a lot of fun if properly fleshed out and the guard one looks like it'll be so awesomely stressful.

And come on, we're getting a new Star Fox. That's nothing to whine about

Since when have people needed a reason to whine?

The only one I'm not that into is Project Guard. Not the biggest fan of Tower Defense games. (Except Dillon's Rolling Western, that game is a nice mix of action and strategy, plus it has the best Nintendo character design in a very long time)

The robot fighter seems cool.

The idea of building robots and battling with them is great. However, this is the one time I'll complain about graphics. Everything just looks so poorly detailed, that you don't really get a sense of scale. But if they put in the time, this could be great.

The security camera game however... Concept sounds like...

Sign in to follow this