NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Shigeru Miyamoto Games

Thought maybe we could use this thread until we get some more info on each one of the projects, and just generally to talk about what we think of the concepts etc...

Please post any news or video's you see about them.

Also, from what we've 'seen' of StarFox, it looks very much like a tech demo still, but presumably there's something more substantial going on?

I'm also a bit concerned they're just playing in a remake of this area or something...

starfox21-e1315531232482.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

For the record, the press assets list

Project Giant Robot: Early 2015

Project Guard: 2015

Starfox: 2015

Project guard would be more interesting to me if there was a mode where you were trying to infiltrate a base

Also, from what we've 'seen' of StarFox, it looks very much like a tech demo still, but presumably there's something more substantial going on?

I'm also a bit concerned they're just playing in remake of this area or something...

Oddly, there was a screenshot of Star Fox 64 and the SNES Star Fox in the press pack, along with the title screen for Star Fox 64.

They all look really interesting, but I'm very disappointed in how early they all were. None of them are remotely ready for release and I was expecting to be able to see them getting released relatively soon...

Starfox is sooooo going to be a 2016 release. No way will that get released next year if they're still only working with prototype art assets taken from cancelled Wii prototypes...

Was really cool to hear that Project Guard was based off a cancelled N64 game though :) Let's just hope it actually gets released this time and doesn't get the Rollorama/Stage Debut/Earthbound 64 treatment...

They looked like cheap eShop games at best... that's not judging by visuals but by the gameplay itself.

They looked like cheap eShop games at best... that's not judging by visuals but by the gameplay itself.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed at all by any of them. Easily the weakest out of the Treehouse showings for me.

Starfox is terrifying. I don't want to shoot by moving the gamepad... The idea may not be bad, but it's not what I want from a star fox which should be fast, action combat, this sounds like an awful marriage... ARGH!!!

Guard has a lot of potential for me, but a multiplayer with two gamepads would be amazing, one person has to infiltrate a base, and the other has to look at the cameras... I'd love that! A single player game would be quite fun I guess, but multi would be perfect for this idea!

I was very disappointed by these, looked like crappy tech demos or Nintendo Land DLC at best - and when I heard Miyamoto had been working on new games to push the GamePad, I was expecting something as hard hitting as Wii Sports and Fit, not this! Ah well, at least there were other good things on offer. Miyamoto was probably just drunk all of last year.

I agree with the above two posts. All I want is the first level of Starfox Assault, twenty of those, with traditional controllers

Must admit I brought the Miyamoto stuff was the low point of yesterday. I also expected him to be much further along with his project(s).

Pretty disappointing tbh. It's clear that when they decided to stick by the gamepad in January they still had no idea what to do with it. Nothing screamed 'game changing' for me. Ah well.

Although I would buy it, I really hope Starfox is not an HD remake... I just want a continuation of that classic lylat wars gameplay.

Yeah...not feeling the Miyamoto Projects. One has you being a security guard and another seems like a robo-sumo Wii Sports Boxing clone without the fidelity of control Wii remotes bring.

StarFox would have been better with a CGI trailer for all we saw!

Very disappointed by all of this, for a multitude of reasons. The fighting robot thing just seems very...un-Miyamoto. Not sure what he's thinking with that.

The whole "reveal" with Starfox was poorly handled. Not quite sure what's happening with all of this.

They're just so unsubstantial!

They could only be sold as very cheap e-shop downloads, or as a collection of 5+ games for £20 or something, and even then!

At this stage I didn't expect Shigsy to still be working on tech demo type stuff.

They're just so unsubstantial!

They could only be sold as very cheap e-shop downloads, or as a collection of 5+ games for £20 or something, and even then!

At this stage I didn't expect Shigsy to still be working on tech demo type stuff.

I used those exact words to describe them earlier to Ine. Tech demo. That's what it feels like.

Anyway, I guess one good thing is that Starfox is still alive. But, now I'm terrified that they'll balls it up by incorporating the GamePad in a shoddy way.

This is the 4th E3 in a row that Nintendo have talked about the Gamepad...

and this is what they come up with :(

Yeah, they looked horrendous. This is what Miyamoto has been working on all this time and what's worse, these were to highlight the gamepad? Not his finest effort by a long shot. That robot giant is utter pants. No way they make retail, there's no depth to them, eShop perhaps, I wouldn't expel a fart for them though. Starfox no doubt will get better but it clearly wasn't ready to have been shown at all this year.

The gamepad games seem nothing more than a necessary evil, something Nintendo is putting out just because they have to have something out there...Wouldn't worry too much about them, they're more like just a sideshow or a curiosity among all the other games.

It's funny, about maybe 5/10 years ago you'd expect Miyamoto to have been show casing Splatoon, ripping up the rule book on shooters and putting his twist on it.

Instead the young guys at Nintendo are getting people excited with that, and Shiggsy is making an arse out of himself demoing games that would have got anyone else the sack!

Project Robot is the only time the sentence "it would be more fun on Kinect" would be true.

Be patient, y'all... Shigsy knows best. :heh:

I'll believe it when I see it!

I'll be keeping a closer eye on Miyamoto from now on, this has been uncharacteristically of disappointing of him.

Sign in to follow this