NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Elite Dangerous

Has anyone figured the recommended specs for this thing? It looks like the sort of thing I'd like to get hella into a couple of years from now when I upgrade to a new laptop.

Has anyone figured the recommended specs for this thing? It looks like the sort of thing I'd like to get hella into a couple of years from now when I upgrade to a new laptop.

Recommended specs Here

It's not particularly demanding. My modest PC runs it at max settings at solid 60fps.

Im loving the game at the moment. Got my old joystick out which still seems to work well and have been flying around doing a few cargo missions so far to make some money. Might invest in a mining laser and refinary next I think.

Ooooh, @Happenstance. You're going all HOTAS on this game? Nice setup ;D. I'm just using a PS3 controller at the moment, but going to upgrade to the Wii U Pro Controller in a week or so (just waiting for my adapter). How's the HOTAS handling? Are you playing with or without fight assist?

For anyone interested, Isinona has loads of great videos from his playthrough. He really pushes the game to it's limits, showing what it is actually capable of. I didn't know anything until I started watching his Fight Assist Off videos. So awesome!

Ooooh, @Happenstance. You're going all HOTAS on this game? Nice setup ;D. I'm just using a PS3 controller at the moment, but going to upgrade to the Wii U Pro Controller in a week or so (just waiting for my adapter). How's the HOTAS handling? Are you playing with or without fight assist?

I havent really had a proper chance to play it yet with the new HOTAS. I got it on the Saturday, built the new desk on the Sunday then got really bad toothache for the rest of the week which made it hard to focus on any games. Should finally be able to give it a prolonged session though this weekend.

Let me know when you get to test the set up @Happenstance, And please give me your impressions of how HOTAS is for the first time. I really want to get one my self, but for one game (maybe two) it seems like quite an investment.

I just saw the best Elite Dangerous video/demonstration today, by the awesome Isinona. He flies with Flight Assist Off, which is a real challenge, but he does it so naturally. I reccomend everyone interested in getting this game to give this video a watch, or everyone in general, as thi almost is like watching a high-end sci-fi movie. Sooooo awesome....

Edit: After watching this video, I convinced myself I needed a HOTAS. Now I have bought one :P. Picking it up tomorrow, will post pictures ;D.

Edited by ArtMediocre
Automerged Doublepost

Just found out that Xbox One and Mac will get the Elite Dangerous this year. No words on PS4 console debut. :/

Just found out that Xbox One and Mac will get the Elite Dangerous this year. No words on PS4 console debut. :/

They have some interaction with the PC version at some level (not direct multiplayer) which might mean it falls foul of Microsoft's no crossplay with PlayStation rule. So I doubt it will get a PS4 release.

Well that sucks... :blank:

I was looking forward to hopefully playing this on the PS4 but if it doesn't come to Playstation platforms then I'll just have to play it on the Xbox One... even so, E3 is only a few months away so we shall see what happens, somehow I don't think Sony will just let this fly onto Microsoft's console. :heh:

Personally I think a deal will be struck which will mean separate servers with no interaction with any cross platforms for the PS4 version, it's a fair compromise. : peace:

Its a shame it isnt coming to the PS4 as well but theres no way I could go back to playing this with anything other than a flight stick so I'm more than happy to stick with my PC version.

Xbox one is the first entry to the console so this mean PS4 will eventually get the ED at later date like NMS will come to Xbox One after PS4.

I reckon it will come to PS4 but a bit like what will happen with Tomb Raider. I was certain it wasn't going to just release on PS4 at the same time once it mentioned only X1. Microsoft are buying into it since Sony have NMS.

I saw that this got mentioned in the Xbox conference, so it seems to be official then that it's coming to consoles. Pretty awesome.

Not sure if it's true since I saw someone mentioned that Elite Dangerous is out on Xbox today on Reddit.

They announced it was coming to Xbox months ago. It's an amazing game but those expecting a storyline will be disappointed. It's mostly a space sim, no storyline at all. You just wander around the 400 billion stars and do whatever you want. The dogfighting action is excellent though.

Planetary landings expansion coming by the end of the year! So hyped, looks and sounds great.

We're beginning with airless, rocky worlds – places where a great deal of new gameplay can take place. These are planet-sized sandbox environments, with all sorts of things to discover hidden on them. You'll find surface starports, crashed ships, mineral deposits, hidden bases and more.

These worlds are gigantic, and - like the open galaxy - you'll be able to go anywhere. You'll be able to fly over the surface in low orbit and choose your spot to land, you'll be able to venture out in your Surface Recon Vehicle and hurtle across the surface at high speed. You'll be able to sneak around or go in all guns blazing. The nimble SRV is tiny compared to your ship, and is virtually invisible on a long range scanner – ship-based weapons will find it very hard to hold a lock on them, but airborne and ground-based players can explore the same worlds together, so watch the skies!

https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/247https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/247

I think No Man's Sky will be better.

Elite just felt empty and soulless to me. It's a cool game, but not something I could ever love. NMS seems like the total opposite to me.

I'm looking forward to this on PS4 more than No Man's Sky.

I wouldn't expect it on PS4 any time soon, Xbox are heavily invested in it atm.

No Man's Sky is a very different game. It's more arcadey and basic. Elite Dangerous is more of a realistic simulator with what seems like 10x more depth.

I wouldn't expect it on PS4 any time soon, Xbox are heavily invested in it atm.

No Man's Sky is a very different game. It's more arcadey and basic. Elite Dangerous is more of a realistic simulator with what seems like 10x more depth.

I find it hard to accept that Elite is a 'realistic simulator' since humans haven't done what you can do in that game. :p

Yeah, it's all a guess at the end of the day what could ever be 'realistic'. :)

As cool as this game sounds, it doesn't seem to have the same fun factor based on everything I've seen of it. When I see clips of it it certainly doesn't excite in the same way, a feeling that feels reverberated in the media. NMS has the hype spotlight for sure.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less if a spaceship has a level of clunk to it that might make you feel you're flying a spaceship. I just want a fun game. I like that this game will have planetary landings now but this should really have been a feature from the beginning. I do wonder whether it will feel tacked on as the game wasn't designed around it, rather it is an addition. If you also look at that announcement they said 'we're beginning with...', making it sound like people will also be trickle fed the different planet types that they can land on.

Edited by Sheikah

Sign in to follow this