NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Elite Dangerous

Any old gits like me remember playing Elite?

Well check this out - it looks pretty fracking sweet! Coming to PC and Mac with consoles likely to follow!

Yep I remember having Elite I think it was on my BBC Micro...also remember Frontier (?) the sequel but have a feeling you needed the extra RAM/graphical of the Amiga A1200 and I only had an A500 Plus. So I'm looking forward to this much more than Star Citizen for example.

I've never played the original Elite but I have a huge amount of respect for that game and what it achieved on the original hardware back in the day. :)

This has the potential to be something rather special indeed, almost like a re-imagining of sorts.

I get the feeling that this is probably the kind of game that the original developers would have loved to have made and now it's a reality! : peace:

Played Elite back on the NES (!!) and Frontier: Elite II was one of my favourite games growing up. Needless to say I cannot wait for this game!

If this comes to PS4 then I'm all in! : peace:

@Cookyman Why don't you get yourself a nice little gaming PC for this?

Got a nice little laptop - not a PC gamer though.

If this comes to PS4 then I'm all in! : peace:

They've already said once its out on PC they will be looking into consoles! :yay:

This video made me weep tears of joy

This game is going to be f-ing amazing, should be out in the next month or two if all goes to schedule.

I'm actually getting a gaming PC for just under a grand, JUST to play this game. I have zero plans or interest in playing anything else on it.

I've been so tempted to buy in to the Beta, but hold off in the knowledge it is due for release before 2015.

Also kinda regret 'buying' Star Citizen. I'm sure it will be a great game once it's released, but that's probably light years away.

Release date being announced on Friday!!!! So excited.

Nice Behind the Scenes vid from the developers:

Such a shame this game isn't getting more love on here, while the likes of COD 16, FIFA 23 and Generic Shooter 19 get hundreds of posts.

Anywho, I think I'll be picking up an Oculus DK2 for this :) tried it at EGX and the experience was amazing, even if the res wasn't great.

Such a shame this game isn't getting more love on here, while the likes of COD 16, FIFA 23 and Generic Shooter 19 get hundreds of posts.

Maybe because the games are fun to play? Ever tried the Pro Clubs modes on FIFA? Ever done a 32vs.32 on Battlefield 4, or a 6-man raid on Destiny? The games get love for a reason.

Such a shame this game isn't getting more love on here

It will get a love overload when it comes to the XBone and the PS4.

Bought this today, looking forward to getting stuck in when it unlocks tomorrow!

Looking at some Let's Play videos I think I'm in for a treat.

Holy..... Did... did this game.. I mean, did this release today?! What the hell?? I've been thinking these games (Elite and Star Citi) are waaaaaaaaay ahead in time. Will this be as mini transaction heavy as Star Citi? God damn, I did not know...

......aaaaaaaaaand I bought it. Damn. My girlfriend is gonna hate me.

Edited by ArtMediocre

What do you mean by mini transaction heavy? Star Citizen is a very long way off I think, those devs threw in as much content to get done in one go whereas the Elite devs wanted to get the core mechanics in place and working well, before expanding down the line.

Release is in one hour!!

Was mainly thinking about the fact that you buy ships in Star Citizen like flats in Second life, I mean when it costs thousands to buy a digital ship it gets a bit farfetched for me. But hey, I'm not the one spending money on it, so what do I care :P.

Looking forward to starting my space adventure later today! :D

The only thing you spend real money on are optional paint jobs for your ships.

The only thing you spend real money on are optional paint jobs for your ships.

Not true, I've read you can buy ships already. And people have bought ships costing $2,500 already! Also I've read that you'll be able to convert real money into credits in game.

Anyway, this game looks really cool. I know they say it's coming to consoles at one point and I really hope it does before too long.

Not true, I've read you can buy ships already. And people have bought ships costing $2,500 already! Also I've read that you'll be able to convert real money into credits in game.

Anyway, this game looks really cool. I know they say it's coming to consoles at one point and I really hope it does before too long.

That's Star Citizen, I was talking about Elite. Pay to win, SC's development just gets better and better [/sarcasm]

I wouldn't hold your breath re: consoles. I doubt it'll ever appear on a console, at least not any time soon.

If anyone wants to fly a bit together after new years, it'd be awesome to get a friend list up and running. Everyone interested in the game should take a look at

from the game. Might win you over ;).

Got myself a HOTAS. Anybody considering one of these this is a cheap £35 Thrustmaster off Amazon, and it is awesome.

photo_zpsba341bdb.jpg

Sign in to follow this