NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

IGN Talk to Reggie

Yeah I saw that, it was good. Has anyone said to Nintendo - hey, you've barely got anything for 2014, are you not worried of yet another barren year and not being able to capitolise on the momentum Mario Kart 7 will give you?!?!

Watched this last night and did find it interesting how Reggie more or less side stepped the 3rd party situation by focusing on Indie titles. It's a good move, and the one I think is perhaps the best for Nintendo to really push at this current time, but I wish they'd have pressed him a bit more on what's happening with the bigger 3rd parties and what they're going to do/what they're doing now to get them back on board.

I mean, Reggie will be aware of the Ubisoft situation but would've been interesting to hear what he had to say about how Nintendo is going to go about fixing these problems, i.e. are they sitting down to talk with the heads of these publishers, are they going to attempt to pry something from them by stumping up some money for titles (not like with Bayonetta 2 or Devil's Third but more putting a fraction of the cost forward to offset some of the dangers that 3rd parties see in releasing titles on the Wii U) or are they just going to stay blinkered and push forward with what they're doing and hope that their own titles, along with the smattering of 3rd party releases and all the indie titles, is enough.

That's what I'd have liked to have heard about anyway. He talked about building on that momentum from MK8 but they haven't really got enough to do that in the coming months (in terms of retail releases, eShop they're probably fine but that's not what people will be taking into account when deciding whether or not to buy the Wii U) so if that is simply their strategy, they may need to rethink it a bit.

True.

The big/key ’third party' games I can think of off the top of my head are FIFA 15, Watch Dogs, Disney Infinity 2.0, Skylanders, (maybe Devil's Third?). Yeah, they should definitely have called him out on it.

Saying that, I'd have probably geeked out and just begged to know what Retro, Monster or Next Level Games are working on.

Sign in to follow this