NEurope
lostmario

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Not got the game yet, still not sure whether I'll get it before or after Splatoon. :hmm:

May as well get it now. There's sod all else to play on the platform and if you end up getting hooked on Splatoons online mode then there will be little time for this. Saying that, the PS+ games seem to be keeping you busy at the moment. Relatively free games FTW!. :D

Have you tried playing it just looking at the TV? Any chance it could be something you could get used to over time?

Yeah, I tried but it was just too fiddly.

I put some more time into this last night, before going to bed. I'm halfway through the stages and still enjoying every bit of it.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

The game has a great amount of replay value. There's 4-5 chests to collect per level, a gold medal to achieve by collecting a certain amount of stars and a story book to collect at the end of each stage. Missing any of these requires you to replay the stage.

I found that doing a second run of a level after nabbing the chests makes it much easier to get a gold medal. All the chest that you previously collected turn into stars, which will allow for a greater total number.

I've just fully finished world 4 and just had to share the music from 4-3.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I absolutely love this tune! :yay:

Been looking forward to this for so long and its finally here!

Just raced through world one and the most obvious thing is how stunning it looks. The claymation style brings so much character to the game and I can't wait to see how different areas look. I don't particularly disagree with the negative aspects that people have picked up upon so far and it does feel like it might be lacking that little something that made Canvas Curse so special to me but so far I'm having a great time!

Yeah is started too. Music and style pretty special. I'm loving it, but worried at how big the levels are when it comes to collecting all the treasure boxes!

Yeah is started too. Music and style pretty special. I'm loving it, but worried at how big the levels are when it comes to collecting all the treasure boxes!

You'll need multiple run throughs of various levels to nab everything.

I've just reached the final world. Just taking a break and then I may try and wrap it up tonight.

One thing I'm not keen on is how boss battles get repeated. I'm not a fan of this mechanic in games, which is weird seeing as I enjoy Monster Hunter. :D

Does anyone else keep finding that their hand ends up accidentally resting on the far right side of the screen? Has happened a few times to me now

Playing this on gamepad stopped me buying it. Looks a great fun game but I know I will be disappointed not seeing the beautiful HD visuals.

Will get it someday no doubt.

Played through the first world today. Love the art style, music and general presentation. I'm still a bit unsure about the controls, it makes for a unique game mechanic but it's a little fiddly and slow. Hopefully after a bit more playtime it will feel more natural.

With a bit of effort I did find it possible to just play looking at the TV but you need to have a really good sense of where you're placing the stylus. Drawing the rainbows is generally fine as you have some margin for error as you can swipe through Kirby, but the attack moves that require precise taps.

The multiplayer waddle-dee helpers work surprisingly well. I'm glad they included this feature.

After playing the Splatoon demo I continued my Kirby adventures ( instead of going to bed :D ) and have just finished the game.

Getting all the treasure chests, gold medals and story books only nets you 99% completion. I've have a scout about and it seems that the final 1% is obtained by finishing all the challenge rooms, which I won't doing. I find the controls aren't accurate enough for timed challenges and the fact that there are around 5 rooms that require you to clear 12 stages ( you have 15 secs to grab a treasure chest ) without failing once just doesn't appeal to me. Saying that, if you have someone to play with you ( which I don't ) the challenges would become much easier with someone playing as Waddle Dee.

I had a couple of goes with Amiibo functions. They make you super OP but luckily you can only use them once per day and once you die you lose your upgrade.

Fantastic game and another great addition to the Wii U library.

After playing the Splatoon demo I continued my Kirby adventures ( instead of going to bed :D ) and have just finished the game.

Getting all the treasure chests, gold medals and story books only nets you 99% completion. I've have a scout about and it seems that the final 1% is obtained by finishing all the challenge rooms, which I won't doing. I find the controls aren't accurate enough for timed challenges and the fact that there are around 5 rooms that require you to clear 12 stages ( you have 15 secs to grab a treasure chest ) without failing once just doesn't appeal to me. Saying that, if you have someone to play with you ( which I don't ) the challenges would become much easier with someone playing as Waddle Dee.

I had a couple of goes with Amiibo functions. They make you super OP but luckily you can only use them once per day and once you die you lose your upgrade.

Fantastic game and another great addition to the Wii U library.

Good stuff. icon14.gif What was your overall playtime to hit 99%?

Good stuff. icon14.gif What was your overall playtime to hit 99%?

11 hours.

I decided to have a crack at the challenges and I've managed to do 30 out of the 48. Not bad and certainly a hell of a lot better than I was expecting to do. :)

There's still a bunch that need unlocking though and to get them you have to go back into story mode and defeat all the bosses without being hit!

Who says Kirby games are kiddie and for casuals? :D

Who says Kirby games are kiddie and for casuals? :D
Not me. I still haven't managed to beat that final challenge on Triple Deluxe, even by using the Archer ability. :blush:

The Kirby soft toy is amazing, way bigger and better quality than I was expecting!

[/grown man]

I've just fully finished world 4 and just had to share the music from 4-3.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I absolutely love this tune! :yay:

That's like some glorious Mario end credits music as you watch all the places you've been to on your adventure.

I'm really glad that this game has encouraged me back to Kirby Power Paintbrush on DS :hehe:

Like Epic Yarn, I felt like the game was basically finished having cleared the main game but I've got loads of medals that I'm now going back to collect in each level and having a blast doing so. I'm absolutely loving all of these incentives to return to previously cleared games at the moment :love:

Just beat my first run through. Took about 5 hours with me aiming to get as many chests and gold medals as I could and ended on 87% complete.

A really enjoyable little game but I feel like Nintendo should maybe have released this as a £15-£20 budget title. I only paid £25 for it but feel somewhat short changed as at the end of the day this is a handheld game and not a very expansive one at that (I haven't turned my TV on while playing it since I first loaded it up). 7 stages with three 10 minute levels in each, with some of the most uninspired 'boss' fight's I've seen in a while. Where are the time trials, the level variation, that something extra that Canvas Curse had?

Absolutely stunning however, one of the prettiest games I've ever played!

Edited by weeble182

Just beat my first run through. Took about 5 hours with me aiming to get as many chests and gold medals as I could and ended on 87% complete.

A really enjoyable little game but I feel like Nintendo should maybe have released this as a £15-£20 budget title. I only paid £25 for it but feel somewhat short changed as at the end of the day this is a handheld game and not a very expansive one at that (I haven't turned my TV on while playing it since I first loaded it up). 7 stages with three 10 minute levels in each, with some of the most uninspired 'boss' fight's I've seen in a while. Where are the time trials, the level variation, that something extra that Canvas Curse had?

Absolutely stunning however, one of the prettiest games I've ever played!

Its shortness is one of the reasons I'm not getting this game and I agree it should be lower priced. I hope Yoshi's Woolly World isn't as short. And you know what, I expect Nintendo to announce more short games like this at E3. I feel like Nintendo are just going through the motions with some of their games until they can forget about Wii U and move onto the NX.

I feel like Nintendo are just going through the motions with some of their games until they can forget about Wii U and move onto the NX.

I agree and I don't really mind just as long as they're priced accordingly. I don't really have the time to throw at massive games any more so titles like this can be excellent, I just don't like feeling ripped off.

I've got my girlfriend to play it as she'll probably like it and then at least two people will have gotten some play out of it

Well, despite saying that I wouldn't go for 100% I ended up doing it anyway. Man, what a challenge it was but it feels great to have pulled it off.

Some of the challenges are pretty brutal and having to do the boss fights without getting hit caused me all kinds of frustration.

The final challenge wasn't that bad but I kept making stupid mistakes at key points during the stages. It would always end up costing me dearly. I reached the last section about 4 times but I would always screw myself over with a wayward line.

I clocked just over 17 hours trying to get 100%. Short game my butt. :D

Still haven't had time to put this in, but my Kirby plush arrived today :)

Nintendo were good to send them separately so people weren't left waiting for the game, and they actually did send them out as promised.

This is the opposite of Game - a company that charged me extra for the furry Mario sleeve to 3D World and then never sent me it, despite promising it would be despatched at a later date!

These plushes are just a tad nicer than what was sent out from the Nintendo UK store.

There's 4 different kinds, each with their own unique sound effect from the series:

• Kirby Dance Song
  • 1-Up
  • Miss
  • Copy Ability

CE2M1ZaWEAAFy_0.jpg

[TWEET]598280226880131072[/TWEET]

Edited by Wii

Started to play this in earnest last night. Bought it for the kids really, but I am loving it. In the first two worlds I am finding playing the game very relaxing - the perfect level of challenge whilst you get used to drawing controls.

Just realised today that I'd actually pre-ordered this from The Game Collection and it hadn't arrived yet! Emailed them and they said they forgot to send it because I pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at the same time which had been despatched ages ago. They said they'd send it so that it arrives tomorrow. I hope it does because I've had really good service from them in the past.

Update: The Game Collection sent it special delivery and it arrived yesterday. So they got it to me as fast as they could after I informed them about their error.

Edited by V. Amoleo
Update