NEurope
lostmario

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

5 hours? Ugh! :shakehead

"Buy more amiibo"!

I'm surprised they didn't base it around pointer controls once they decided to put it on the Wii U.

Pointer controls definitely would have been a better choice or at least an option.

Can we ban all activity in this thread for it being a perpetually tease? Also as it's a painful reminder at how inept and nonsensical Nintendo's decisions can be!

Can we ban all activity in this thread for it being a perpetually tease? Also as it's a painful reminder at how inept and nonsensical Nintendo's decisions can be!

It still boils my blood that we aren't getting this yet. Had the release schedule been jam packed then I could understand but as most of us know, it's far from packed.

If Nintendo was more open to bringing its properties to mobile and tablets, I could see the game being more appealing as a cheap eShop or iPad title.

Oh, eff off!

You can't bump down a game because it's not on an iPad. That has nothing to do with the actual product!

The rest of the review was a fair opinion, but that's just dumb.

Yup, people not reviewing it for what it is but rather what it isn't... As expected (Power Paintbrush sequel gets slammed for playing like Power Paintbrush, go figure :p )

The usual garbage comments about that it should be an iPhone game as well...

About the only worthwhile complaints I can see are the repeated boss encounters (exactly the same as its predecessor, but still disappointing to see again), the lack of gameplay integration of the clay art style (that's something that Kirby's Epic Yarn did really well, so it's a shame to see it just being relegated to an aesthetic choice here) and the lack of copy powers (that's... interesting... I wonder why they chose to do that, considering that Power Paintbrush had them...)

Lack of multiplayer impressions are expected and disappointing (these reviewers almost never give local multiplayer a fair shake; still, at least the guys at Destructoid gave some decent impressions, so props to you!)

I'd disregard any complaints about the controls. Power Paintbrush got the same complaints and anyone who's actually played the game would know that they worked fantastically well (and of course most reviewers suck at games anyway - so anything with non-standard controls always gets slammed anyway). That's something that's really going to play well on the Gamepad with that massive screen! :D

Only problem here for me is that it's not out here for ages :(

Edited by Dcubed

Review round up so far.

USgamer - 10 / 10

EGM - 10 / 10

Polygon – 8.5 / 10

Nintendo Life – 7 / 10

Game Informer – 7.75 / 10

Destructoid – 9 / 10

GameSpot – 5 / 10

Shacknews – 8 / 10

GamesRadar – 8 / 10

Giant Bomb - 4 / 10

74% so far on Metacritic. Review links from the above are provided at the link below.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse/critic-reviews

I'll add more as I find them because they're not all on Metacritic yet.

IGN - 8 / 10

Gamesided – 8 / 10

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It's coming on May 8th

So we are getting this, Splatoon and Mario Kart DLC in the same month. Why not spread them out, Nintendo? :( Still, happy to see it get a date now.

EDIT: I see the title has been changed to match the DS game. Guess that's why it took so long to get to our shores. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So we are getting this, Splatoon and Mario Kart DLC in the same month. Why not spread them out, Nintendo? :( Still, happy to see it get a date now.

EDIT: I see the title has been changed to match the DS game. Guess that's why it took so long to get to our shores. :D

Along with Splatoon amiibo (South African retailer that posted those also posted May 8th date for Kirby, so it's looking like that), plus Codename STEAM and Puzzle & Dragons Mario on 3DS.

Our wallets.

Along with Splatoon amiibo (South African retailer that posted those also posted May 8th date for Kirby, so it's looking like that), plus Codename STEAM and Puzzle & Dragons Mario on 3DS.

Our wallets.

I don't understand why they do this all the time? Releasing big games so close to each other ain't good for gamers wallets or time. It also doesn't make sense when you have months and months of nothing.

Luckily I don't care for Codenamed Steam in the slightest, Puzzle & Dragons doesn't have my interest....yet and Mario Kart is already paid for. Plus, Kirby is supposed to be a very short game, even when going for 100%. Hmmm looking at it like that then it doesn't look too bad. :D

It's coming on May 8th

Well now, that's much better than I was expecting :) (was worried that Q2 would mean July-August...)

Still think that they should've aimed for March/April. Now they would've had 3 months of nothing for Wii U, then another 2 months of nothing followed by 2 big releases in the same month :p

Our wallets.

What? Nintendo of Europe, planning release schedules poorly? Well I never :indeed:

Yep, no Kirby for me at launch then.

Hopefully means I'll be able to pick it up a bit cheaper at some point. :hehe:

They need time to remove Curse and put in Paintbrush. It's a big job that takes several months.

I'm glad we have a date, but nintendo are so fucking weird! Nothing for months on end, then too much all in one month...