NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

As my first ever team-based multiplayer shooter, is the way it divides up the sides par for the course? I don't understand why they can't balance both sides equally. So many times one team had level 20's and 15's and the other the highest was 13. I know high levels don't always equate to skill, but it mostly does.

As my first ever team-based multiplayer shooter, is the way it divides up the sides par for the course? I don't understand why they can't balance both sides equally. So many times one team had level 20's and 15's and the other the highest was 13. I know high levels don't always equate to skill, but it mostly does.

No it's not. You only find it does this in other games when you can join parties and search for games, as one party may have all high ranked players and the lobby may have people with lower ranks in the opposing team.

I've come to this thought on how Nintendo delivering the updates for this game work in how the game is promoted too.

Think of the directs we had and how they were marketed as a Squid Research Lab. So, since there are researching the squids and stuff, it is perfectly normal that they would be researching and finding (releasing) new weapons every so often. Even the releases come with some text that sort of relates to this.

Or I'm just giving Nintendo too much credit for a great idea.

No it's not. You only find it does this in other games when you can join parties and search for games, as one party may have all high ranked players and the lobby may have people with lower ranks in the opposing team.

What? In COD you would just get jumbled with anyone! You could have a level 50 prestige 10 playing with a level 5!

It's the same here in the non-ranked mode. What level you are is no indication of skill, just of how long you've played and how much you've painted.

Also, just like in MW and WAW, the starting weapons are as good as the ending weapons. I've stuck with the splatter shot Jnr for the most part and that is the first gun I had! Juts like in MW many stuck with the MP5.

It's different in the ranked mode, I'm a C+ and seem to only draw C and C+ players. But in none ranked, level means nothing, as it doesn't in COD. The gear is so evenly spaced that it's not really any advantage to be a higher level unless the gun you want is available then - but even so it wouldn't mean you were more likely to win a gun fight!

The only advantage of being a higher level is you get more sub slots on your clothing - but it's debatable to how much impact that makes.

@Zechs Merquise, what I mean is that the game will split the teams as evenly as it can. Unless there's a party then ranks will generally be evenly spread across the teams. It won't be one team all high ranked and the other team all low ranked.

Single player is such fun, just beaten the second boss. Those battles especially are so polished and straight out of Mario Galaxy, but defeating them is 10x more satisfying.

Single player is such fun, just beaten the second boss. Those battles especially are so polished and straight out of Mario Galaxy, but defeating them is 10x more satisfying.

Joined you earlier but you must have just left.

I'm levelled up all my shoes now and all the shops are running very thin on content. This morning both the hat and shoe stores had nothing for me. :(

Joined you earlier but you must have just left.

I'm levelled up all my shoes now and all the shops are running very thin on content. This morning both the hat and shoe stores had nothing for me. :(

I'd been wondering/meaning to ask after your much earlier post on possible burnout - are you still feeling it? Im keen to try and skype up like we did from time to time as it just gives me a bit more enjoyment when I play.

I'd been wondering/meaning to ask after your much earlier post on possible burnout - are you still feeling it? Im keen to try and skype up like we did from time to time as it just gives me a bit more enjoyment when I play.

I've been playing it more since the Skype get together. I've just been concentrating on levelling up all the gear. Problem is that I'm running out of stuff to level up! :D

My baby came yesterday morning so couldn't play this weekend as I hoped :) Bit busy!!

Hoping to get back on it at some point this week though!!

Had my first go at Ranked Battles earlier and actually enjoyed it. Would rather it be available in non ranked too, as I'd rather just play for fun, never been one to care for ranks.

Hopefully these will be available later when friend matches are made available.

My baby came yesterday morning so couldn't play this weekend as I hoped :) Bit busy!!

CONGRATS, DUDE!!!

Very happy for you. Now, go hide all your Amiibo. :D

CONGRATS, DUDE!!!

Very happy for you. Now, go hide all your Amiibo. :D

Cheers mate, they're on a very very high shelf :)

Good luck with any gaming anytime soon :D.

Well done, to you and the missus. Now, I'll be surprised if you get back to playing Splatoon anytime this decade. :P

What a little bugger :p

Just kidding of course, congrats to you and your other half! Little boy or girl? Name? Get them to settle and watch you play Splatoon...start them off early...;)

EDIT: Here's something I got thinking whilst playing last night. It's not always easy to look at the map and ykno at the end of the match or bits throughout where you're like 'wtf when did all that happen' and I was thinking in the bit just after the results(or during) it'd be nice on the gamepad if you could get a super-quick replay of the ink(no players) appearing on the map for whole match. The replay at the end of Mario Chase sprung to mind - essentially a super sped up inking on the gamepad map. Of course, the game can be quite chaotic so it might mostly look like shit - but I'd just kinda find it interesting to have.

Cheers guys, I'm not going to work too much over the next few months so I think I'll get more gaming in than ever!! #naive

No name yet, can't agree, but today we will decide! I suggested Bowser or Toad but she wasn't having any of it!

I have the Nintendo World Championships on in the background. They're talking about how important it is to discuss who has what weapon before the match...

I have the Nintendo World Championships on in the background. They're talking about how important it is to discuss who has what weapon before the match...

One of my matches last night my team was all 4 rollers and I wondered at the beginning how it'd go. We dropped a guy so on the whole didn't do too bad considering(still lost but did good coverage) - but there was definitely parts of the opposition that we were hopeless against if we were sticking together(i tried to stick with a guy rolling and recharging in turns - another thing that'd be nice to organise with VC).

God the limited ink challenges are a massive pain in the arse.

Very satisfying though.

I didn't think they were that bad, apart from the invisible platform ones.

Very satisfying though.

I didn't think they were that bad, apart from the invisible platform ones.

Yeah that's the one I'm on :(

Congrats on the baby @dazzybee :)

Haven't been on all weekend, was away for the Isle of Wight Festival, seems like I missed some good splatting. Will have to get back on with you guys some point this week, but can't do tonight, then tomorrow is E3! Wednesday maybe!

I've just bought the game, but will start playing it in the evening, I hope, when my daughter goes to sleep.

Btw. guys, I have no friends who play this game (actually, only my little nephew has a Wii U :D), so I hope with time you'll let me play with you (online mode) :D.