NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Lol had my first 1v1 battle. 3 disconnects each.

Me with a charger and him with a roller!

I won!

Is the roller kess powerfull than in the demo?

tbh even in the demo I wasn't so impressed with the roller. You need to know how to use it, a lot of people are just sitting duck with it, myself included I suspect. the default weapon is my favourite, most fun to play with. I find the other weapons to be too slow, weak or have poor coverage.

Finally started this game! Been trying for days but my internet connection would drop me out after a few seconds of each battle. Moved my Wii U to another room and it worked perfectly, well, for a good 8 or so battles then it wouldn't connect anymore :(

Anyway, awesome fun. Might take the single player really slowly, just 1 level a day or something.

Hope connection trouble clears up tomorrow.

Just finished a three hour session on this, I was level 8, then I decided to switch to the Roller and I'm now level 11 along with being halfway to C rank. : peace:

Paintbrush comes on Saturday

CGuZsJ4UAAAY1X4.jpg

[tweet]606747561286696960[/tweet]

Edited by Serebii

Loving the current content updates for this. Keeps things fresh and exciting for sure!

While it looks cool, I doubt I will actually use it much. I love the standard gun far too much to change. I tried using the roller the other day, played one game, changed back to my standard weapon. :D

I'm away for the weekend so I won't get to play on this at all, which I don't mind. I've got pretty bored with it over the past couple of days, so a break from it will do me some good.

Does anyone get an Ice Climbers feel from Squid Jump?

squid-jump-splatoon.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It was the first think I thought of when playing that excellent mini arcade game. :)

Still trying to reach the end of it... :p

Did anyone else unlock the extra arcade games from the amiibo figures? (I heard they're an unlockable)

More to the point how do you unlock the amiibo challenges? I scanned the amiibo figures but it just allowed me to name them, do I need to scan again after beating the single player?

This makes me sad. The Nordic Top 20 best-selling games last week, where Splatoon launched, looks like this:

01. THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT

02. PROJECT CARS

03. FIFA 15

04. GRAND THEFT AUTO V

05. SPLATOON

06. FARMING SIMULATOR 2015

07. MINECRAFT

08. BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE

09. LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

10. THE SIMS 4

11. DISNEY INFINITY 2.0

12. MORTAL KOMBAT X

13. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

14. NHL 15

15. FAR CRY 4

16. DESTINY

17. LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM

18. ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY

19. WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD

20. BATTLEFIELD 4

How the ... can Fifa 15 still sell more than Splatoon and GTAV??

---

I still haven't bought Splatoon, don't really know why as I had fun during the first round of testfire. I guess I didn't have enough fun to actually buy the game but reading impressions and hearing people talking about the game makes me want to buy it. Today is also a good day to do it as my girl friend's out of the house tonight so I could get the TV to myself all night.

More to the point how do you unlock the amiibo challenges? I scanned the amiibo figures but it just allowed me to name them, do I need to scan again after beating the single player?

Yeah, just scan them again.

Not sure about beating the single player though. I did them after I had beaten the story but I can't see why they would be locked until you've seen the credits.

Did anyone else unlock the extra arcade games from the amiibo figures? (I heard they're an unlockable)

Yeah you do, as the challenges as based on the single player levels. You should get a little menu screen like this:

iFV2mp6zJUjmA.jpg

Completing each row of challenges unlocks something. A hat, shirt, shoes, weapon and a arcade game.

Yeah, just scan them again.

Not sure about beating the single player though. I did them after I had beaten the story but I can't see why they would be locked until you've seen the credits.

You can only do challenges once you've beaten that particular level in single-player.

You can only do challenges once you've beaten that particular level in single-player.

Seems weird. Although, I suppose they want you to do an unaltered run through the story mode first.

Put together a short vid of some multiplayer moments: :awesome:

WARNING! The music in this vid is from the final boss battle of Splatoon's single player mode, so potential spoiler for those that haven't finished the game yet. :)

Enjoy!

: peace:

*EDIT*

Be sure to switch to HD if it doesn't automatically, the standard quality is shocking! :shakehead

Edited by RedShell

I think I'll be drunk (well slightly inebriated) Splatooning tonight! Woooo!

Just had a few games and something clicked. I've been shocking so far, always last on my team and often sub 300 points (still having a ball).

Somehow I just had a run continuously scoring in the 1000s :D

Its even more fun when I'm not completely shit!!

I love this game, i just wish i had more opportunities to play.

Just finished the single player. Loved it. Boss was a classic Nintendo boss, with increasing difficulty. Loved it all.

Onto amiibo challenges and continuing multiplayer

This game is so so so good. Never mind the actual gameplay but the little touches here and there. The plaza, the loading screen mini game(s), the shop keepers', animations, everything. My only issue is the frame rate drops in the plaza, which is a shame, but otherwise what a game!

Made it to level 6 now in my second session. I think Wallaye Warehouse is my favourite map so far. The Bubbler shield is so useful. It almost feels too useful at times.

Being able to see the whole battlefield when you super jump in is such a nice touch. Love being able to shoot and spin around in mid-air.

I think I'll be drunk (well slightly inebriated) Splatooning tonight! Woooo!

I saw you for a couple of matches, once on your team and once against you. My nickname is Paddy.

I saw you for a couple of matches, once on your team and once against you. My nickname is Paddy.

Ah! These people whose on-line name is different from their Mii name is so annoying!!!

Anyway I think we bossed that game we played together!

That's another thing I think Nintendo should do for on-line gaming - there should be a little 'F' symbol next to everyone's name who is on your Friends List during match ups (in this and MK8) as there will be hundreds of Paddy's, John's, David's etc. how do I know the person joining my battle/race is my friend?

@Phube, given that you can't talk to one another on the game does it matter if you're gaming with friends or not? I don't see the difference if you can't chat together, they may as well be randoms.

There's still the competitive aspect though, whether that's being on the same side together and dominating the opposition, or opposite sides and trying to take each other out. I was trying out the new brush this morning for example, and being able to take on @RedShell rather than just random people definitely added to the experience. And if something noteworthy happens we have the option of coming on here and talking about it afterwards.

Put some time into this yesterday and today, got myself up to C+ rank and three 'worlds' done in SP...

I think this is the best new IP I've played. I know it's missing things, I know there's still more to come, but what's available is just so addictive, perfectly conceived and just so so much fun!

I didn't pick up the last COD anyway, but now I definitely can't see myself going back to those normal shooters, certainly not for multiplayer. Possibly for campaigns, but now it's Splatoon or nothing for me :D