NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

OK, the roller is just overpowered, but also the least fun.

OK, the roller is just overpowered, but also the least fun.

My thoughts exactly. Had a good little run wit the sniper just now. Found a nice bit of high ground and pulled off some good snipes, but then I was hunted down.

I really think this could be an entertaining game once all the extra modes are added. Glad I'm picking is up.

Roller feels less overpowered in the full game. And thankfully not everyone uses them! Just logged onto the demo and literally everyone else was using rollers. It's not even that fun to use!

Played a couple of matches and topped my team each time (expected) but didn't do as well as I would with my fave weapons. Splattershot Jr. just doesn't fire quick enough to stop someone with a roller.

So Nintendo have extended it an hour. Hmmm. Think they need to give an additional hour too. People wouldve given up, it's late for people in the UK, it would have just posted people off.

Nothing ever goes smoothly for Nintendo. Even with great success like the amiibo it seems to be a fuck up.

Made it to Level 20: :D

LK6ChNx.jpg

That's a seriously entertaining mini-game. icon14.gif

8VPmvHs.png

You can't win, Reddy. Teehee~

Level 25 is the last level. After that it resets to level 1 (your score is also reset).

I give Squid Jump a they removed the pie level/10.

I missed the 11pm test fire because I was busy, but got back to find out they extended it so caught the last 40 minutes or so. Still great fun

[TWEET]602251797177110528[/TWEET]

Hhmmm! Got the last 20 minutes or thereabouts. I thought it was finished at midnight. Better than nothing.

I just got a good 45 mins :D

I was shocking. I managed 1 kill with the charge shot, a couple of kills with the splatter and then tons with the roller Which requires no aim.

Had fun though, which is the main thing :)

[TWEET]602253558285643777[/TWEET]

A little late but I caught the end regardless.

I like the game. I suck at it, but I like it :) but do hope that the roller really is less powerfull in the full game, even if I think that it has it's limitations, mostly with the reach so it's easier to take them down (but that doesn't count for much).

[TWEET]602263437691920384[/TWEET]

Have some more of you're a kid, you're a squid now.

Wii U - Splatoon Extended Cut

So Nintendo have extended it an hour. Hmmm. Think they need to give an additional hour too. People wouldve given up, it's late for people in the UK, it would have just posted people off.

Nothing ever goes smoothly for Nintendo. Even with great success like the amiibo it seems to be a fuck up.

Surely last night was exactly the sort of thing Nintendo hoped for though? I mean it was a Beta, where things are supposed to go wrong so they can see what needs fixing etc??

By all means if this happens from Friday onwards then it will be a top level foul up, but a Beta isn't just a free bash at a game, it's also to make sure developers catch any problems before release!

Maybe yeah, but like has been discussed, how much of it is also an advert? Publicity? Not good if so. The last thing Nintendo need is to put people off.

There's no guarantee that they've sorted out all the online problems. They had problems with their last session, not the first one. And they've only had 4.

It was also poorly designed, when it got to the stage of searching for players last night, it just kept searching indefinitely. There was no way of backing out, the only solution was to to do a hard reset of the console.

Edited by Wii

This is Nintendo and online you're talking about. Not to mention that it's an unfinished game, of course there will be problems when it's released.

This is Nintendo and online you're talking about. Not to mention that it's an unfinished game, of course there will be problems when it's released.

It's not an unfinished game. Just because they are adding support after launch does not make it unfinished.

It's not an unfinished game. Just because they are adding support after launch does not make it unfinished.

Its review copy is unfinished. That's what we're getting this Friday. Yes we're getting updates until August exactly because it's unfinished. Releasing an online centric game with only 2 online modes and 5 online maps, there may be other words but unfinished is definitely one of them.

Arguably it's unfinished in the sense they're clearly still trying to iron out any kind of server issues. In a way, online games aren't finished for years (i.e. until the company outright gives up).

I don't think he meant it as a slight, in fact quite the opposite. I assume kav82 meant "don't take last night's errors as indicative of what Splatoon will offer"

Arguably it's unfinished in the sense they're clearly still trying to iron out any kind of server issues. In a way, online games aren't finished for years (i.e. until the company outright gives up).

I don't think he meant it as a slight, in fact quite the opposite. I assume kav82 meant "don't take last night's errors as indicative of what Splatoon will offer"

It was a slight in all honesty. It's just that Nintendo are late with their foray into online and these beta tests they've done are a little too short and close to release to iron everything out.

With them adding to the online too, more niggles will pop up along with this.

...and they're adding to the online for free because the game is incomplete as it's release package. If it was finished they'd charge for the DLC. They know it's unfinished so they're giving it free.

Yeah, they can only add free content if the game is unfinished, not because that's Nintendo.

200cc means Mario Kart 8 was unfinished until this year.

If we didn't have these updates, there may have been complaints about a lack of maps, but nobody would say it's unfinished. Before the Direct, we thought we knew everything about the game and most people were happy with the content, but then the Direct said "Hey, we're adding more content for free", so now it's "unfinished". This whole argument is utterly ridiculous.

Yeah, they can only add free content if the game is unfinished, not because that's Nintendo.

If we didn't have these updates, there may have been complaints about a lack of maps, but nobody would say it's unfinished. Before the Direct, we thought we knew everything about the game and most people were happy with the content, but then the Direct said "Hey, we're adding more content for free", so now it's "unfinished". This whole argument is utterly ridiculous.

Dude, take the blinkers off. Of course the game is unfinished, at least in terms of modes and maps. How many online shooters launch with just 5 maps and 2 modes? It's a stupidly low amount and if anything is ridiculos it's the defending of the game launching in this so what barren state.

I would. And I'd have cancelled my order quicker than you can say "Splat". 5 maps Serebii, let's get real here, that in most reasonable peoples minds is unfinished. So is only 2 modes. They're giving us content that should have been on the disc but the release list has been so $h1t they need something on the shelves and having the extra time may let let them tinker with upcoming content based on their observations of the content that will be on the disc. All the major sites and publications are of the same opinion on the content. Are they wrong as well?

Edited by Wii

It was a slight in all honesty. It's just that Nintendo are late with their foray into online and these beta tests they've done are a little too short and close to release to iron everything out.

With them adding to the online too, more niggles will pop up along with this.

...and they're adding to the online for free because the game is incomplete as it's release package. If it was finished they'd charge for the DLC. They know it's unfinished so they're giving it free.

Ah okay, fair enough.

Maybe wait to see what the game is like once it's released in August then ;)