NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Only if it is successful, though. I don't think it's a great big intentional plan right now.

I think they do believe in the product, otherwise why would they be giving it a big push? Whether it's successful is another matter but I do believe that they have long term goals/plans for this game on the Wii U.

DLC is proving very valuable for Nintendo at the moment. It's giving their titles long term value which has been essential during the dry periods. It's also giving them an extra source of revenue, which they will more than likely hope to repeat with this game.

I think they do believe in the product, otherwise why would they be giving it a big push? Whether it's successful is another matter but I do believe that they have long term goals/plans for this game on the Wii U.

DLC is proving very valuable for Nintendo at the moment. It's giving their titles long term value which has been essential during the dry periods. It's also giving them an extra source of revenue, which they will more than likely hope to repeat with this game.

Very well put and I concur.

North American packaging for the Hori Splatoon gamepad protector.

CFpDl4iUUAAHSF1.jpg

I don't have any gamepad protector. Really should get one. What do people think is the best? The one I think looks like it would do the best job is the Nerf gamepad protector. I'll get an image just now.

nerfwiiuarmor.jpg

And it can sit in the charger stand without any interference.

I found one on Ebay before which was fairly priced but they charge €12 to post a bit of light foam from the UK. Twice the price of the actual gamepad protector itself. F*ck that.

So what would ye recommend?

8-Bit Mario & Zelda Secrets in Splatoon

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Not saying they don't believe in it or that we won't get DLC down the line. I'm saying the theory that it's being promoted because they will drop DLC on it is a massive conspiracy theory level idea.

@Wii (and anyone posting new media/info) can you please use spoiler tags now? Even for stuff which doesn't seem that major.

It's just that with less than a week to go, I (am I'm sure others) would like to have at least a few surprises to enjoy firsthand.

: peace:

Only 5 minutest till the testfire, who's joining in??

It's in 12 hours...

It's in 12 hours...
what? No, it said 12 noon CET...????:cry::wtf:

Gaahhhh, now I see... Fused also stated midnight, I just read noon....

Edited by markderoos

I was round at a friends yesterday with a few others, just chilling having a drink and takeaway after work, we had some music channel on (not sure which) and the Splatoon advert came on. After it said "Nintendo's online 4vs4 shooter" (those words from what I recall), one of my friends asked me about it so I told him the premise.

He started talking tactics and strategy etc. (we used to game on CoD/Battlefield on the 360), when I mentioned the game had no voice-chat, this of course bewildered them and they lost any interest, laughing it off. One of my friends (who doesn't game) asked why would they have it so you could not even be able to talk to your friends... I had no answer of course.

Idiots Nintendo, idiots. Still, there are adverts out there and this was around 11pm at the time.

Just seen someone on Instagram with the game already (he didn't mention where from). Anyone else got theirs?

@martinist I saw you've been charged already, has it been dispatched yet or just an early charge?

I sent an e-mail to thegamecollection asking if my game will be sent out earlier than UK orders because it'll take longer for delivery. I hope I get a positive response and that it gets here earlier than Friday if possible. But somehow I can see the alternative of me twiddling my thumbs next weekend being more likely. Sure I'm still waiting for Watch Dogs to arrive and that was ordered over a week ago. Another great advantage us Irish gamers have.

@Ashley I hear it's the French frogs that have been getting the game early.

4h2o78.jpg

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

@martinist I saw you've been charged already, has it been dispatched yet or just an early charge?

The staff in the warehouse are on holiday starting from the 22nd untill the 26th of May. They just wanted to take the money now so there wouldn't be any delay in sending them out. The order still shows as processing. It'll probably be sent on Wednesday or Thursday.

The Insanity of Splatoon's Splat Zones (Ranked Battle) with the Splat Charger at 60fps

I just drank a bottle of white wine, lets get this shit started. I'll see yas in 10 minutes or so i guess woo.

Anyone playing Splatoon tonight has their priorities wrong. It's Eurovision bitches. You can play Splatoon later this week!

Had 2 matches and then got stuck in a lobby waiting for players. In true Nintendo form they don't give you an option to back out so I had to reset the console.

Looking on Gaf it seems a fair few are having problems with it tonight.

One game down and it can't find me any one? !

Yup servers are messed up. I can't even get back online now.

Having major problems with this demo. Just forever searching for a match with nothing happening. Can't get out unless you hard power down the console.

Had 2 matches and then got stuck in a lobby waiting for players. In true Nintendo form they don't give you an option to back out so I had to reset the console.

Looking on Gaf it seems a fair few are having problems with it tonight.

Same here, played one match and stuck, reboot, errors... :(

It keeps giving 106-0311 - cannot accept any more connections now.

Well that's it for me for tonight then...

Have fun to anyone of you who are still in!

Edited by markderoos

Played one game too now can't find anyone. Was fun though. Need time to get used to the controls though.

It's an inky disaster. I had 1 game at the start and now I can't get online at all. 20 minutes are already gone and one game. WTF? This is really going to sell it to those sitting on the fence.

I think it's because I dominated so much with a Splat Charger that I broke the servers?

I can't connect to a battle.....

I loved the tutorial and as someone who is playing Resident Evil I have to say that the aiming with the motion control is much batter than with the analog sticks, I just need some practice to get better coordination between moving the camera and the aiming.

EDIT: OK everyone is having problems.

Edited by Kounan

Considering that I'm still on the fence as to whether to keep my preorder or not, this situation isn't really selling me on the game. :D

Back in the game!

Edit: Well I'm back waiting to get into the game...