NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

And as soon as you do you're dead due to shields or if you have a roller and they have a gun.

So kill them from within the spawn point shield, or if you can't, have one player lure the opponents out and then the other two swoop in through the ink after him.

So kill them from within the spawn point shield, or if you can't, have one player lure the opponents out and then the other two swoop in through the ink after him.

I would if I could communicate with them!

I would if I could communicate with them!

Lol! That's true enough, but you could always let them go first and then just follow afterwards (that's what I ended up doing - I found myself covering the backs of my teammates whenever I started off or Super Jumped; and then would split off after about 5-10 seconds of covering them).

I gave the last session a miss. I'd seen enough in the first 2 and for my sanity I needed to get out for a bit. Still knackered mind you.

And as soon as you do you're dead due to shields or if you have a roller and they have a gun.

But what do I know. No one else had this happen so I'm clearly just making it up.

I had it happen in one match, and yeah it's super annoying. They can camp out of range of the actual spawn point, there is a bottle neck you need to navigate to leave the spawn point, I tried twice, they had the charge shot which had too great a range, all the ink was enemy ink, so I couldn't just squid through it. got round it because fortunately there was a player out on the field, but if there hadn't have been there is a way on that small map to pin a team down.

The large map there were 3 points you can escape from, and you have a height advantage, so it's not an issue. On the small map I think it would just be a case of removing two access ramps to completely cut off the enemy from the spawn point.

IMO, the roller seems insanely overpowered. I was shocked at how far I could run without getting more paint, I painted more with it and I killed more.

The charger on the other hand really does need a zoom mode.

But that doesen't change the fact that I think this is Nintendo's best new IP in 15 years.

IMO, the roller seems insanely overpowered. I was shocked at how far I could run without getting more paint, I painted more with it and I killed more.

The charger on the other hand really does need a zoom mode.

But that doesen't change the fact that I think this is Nintendo's best new IP in 15 years.

I agree. Yes it seems to go on forever. It covers far more area than the other weapons before recharging and more quickly too.

I didn't use the roller.. realised near the end of the third session when it was too late to fix. Do you go slower with the roller when in enemy paint? I found as long as my aim was accurate I could kill rollers before they reached me, only problem was when they had a second roller friend nearby...

Not sure if it's Darren Darren.. but there is a guy called Darren in my group : /

What's your name? I was always looking to see if there'd be anyone from here!

What's your name? I was always looking to see if there'd be anyone from here!

stephane I think, bit hard to tell either way though, I don't remember any of the other names now!

Edited by Pestneb

I played all three sessions and i have to say I loved it more and more and didn't want to stop. Stunning game. I didn't enciunter any connection issues or irritating tactics though. But it's unlike anything ive played, controls amazingly, looks and sounds stunning... Everything about it.

The limitations of the demo only got me more excited - to have even more levels, all the custimisarion, being able to play with people on here, forming teams, regular content, new game modes. I'd be surprised if this isn't my gsme of the year. In fact I'd be surprised if this isn't looked back in the same way as mario kart and smash!

stephane I think, bit hard to tell either way though, I don't remember any of the other names now!

Hmmm. Doesn't ring a bell...

Come the release at least we'll know, will make a big difference I think.

Altough I wasn't completely sold from playing this in the 12-1pm session this afternoon, I kinda spent the evening at work wanting to try it all out again. It definitely has something about it and I'm now very interested in seeing more, particularly the single player component :hehe:

I played 2 of the 3 sessions and absolutely loved it! I've never played a traditional shooter, so I don't know how it compares to that. Still everything about this was so sweet and makes me wish I had the full game right now. It's really been far too long since I've played something so fun and refreshing! There is just so much detail in all aspects, hell even the loading screen has a minigame. Can't wait to play the singleplayer mode too.

New video from Nintendo of Japan. It's not all original footage but there are new bits interspersed throughout.

2 hour Japanese livestream. Shows alot of single and multiplayer stuff. No subtitles

I was umming and ahhing over this, but even though it was short and not comprehensive. The demo has really left me wanting more, so a pre-order is so going in! :)

If anyone got an XL T-Shirt from the Nintendo store and wants to trade it with me, let me know.

Things of interest;

- Lightning trophie

- Link hat

- Personalised drawing of you

- Love

- Money. Lots of money.

Miiverse billboards feature in the background of the game.

splatoon_miiverse_images1.png

@Wii, I think Cube already posted that a page or so back. I noticed when you turn the demo on it says there may be product placement in the game. I'm guessing some of the build boards will change over time and show ads for real products.

@Wii, I think Cube already posted that a page or so back. I noticed when you turn the demo on it says there may be product placement in the game. I'm guessing some of the build boards will change over time and show ads for real products.

I demand some of those products be old school Reebok Pumps for your character. They would go nicely with the 90s vibe the game has going. :D

i really want to play this again, i'm almost having withdrawal symptoms after that one hour of gameplay I got to play on Saturday night. They need to do some more tests before the 29th!

Part of me wishes I had ordered this from the Nintendo Store with the T-Shirt and Squid Amiibo as I really do want to play some more of it. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all make of it when it arrives towards the end of the month :smile:

i really want to play this again, i'm almost having withdrawal symptoms after that one hour of gameplay I got to play on Saturday night. They need to do some more tests before the 29th!

photo.gif

Stay strong, brother!

Fran was absolutely right to write what he wrote yesterday. It needs to be said and by more journalists.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/10/dear-nintendo-splatoon-needs-a-voice-chat-option

It's such a contentious issue. When I looked at it yesterday it had 7,000 comments in 12 hours. 7,000!

It's needed for such basic things like even before a match starts, communicating what weapons you're picking. All 4 going in with charge shot weapons isn't going to end well I think.

Also when playing the demo I found at times we were spraying the same area which is a waste. Just to say something like "I'll go left" or "you go right" would be helpful. There's many examples of how useful it would be and it will only help add to the immersion and enjoyment.

And Fran was a big fan of Nintendo, sure he worked on the Nintendo side of the site for years. He's a perfect example of a fan being driven away by Nintendo's decisions.

For me, this is a call to arms, because I continue to be driven further away from a game maker that's defined my career and view of games. How can such an innovative company continue to ignore something so important in gaming today? Splatoon's got potential, but I worry it might only hold my attention for weeks instead of months without the community chat aspects that are so crucially important in today's games.
Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost