NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

But beyond that, I love the art and music in this game.

Completely forgot about that!

The music is insanely awesome and fits the game perfectly!:bowdown:

The game is awesome my only problem is the stupid times demo! There's another round starting soon but I'm out! I want more!

The Roller is cool and great for spreading large volumes of ink, but it's a little slow and cumbersome, the super soaker seemed gimped, too in accurate and under powered, one on one with a guy with the mini Uzi I always lost

Uhhhh demos I want more

I do wish they would leave us with the training arena and arcade squid game at the end of this stress test

The warping is one of my fav features of the game. It's great to get back to the fight with the touch of a button. It also comes in handy if your opponents are spawn watching.

I'm not arguing against warping, it's a great feature. Just the responsiveness of it. I can understand why it takes a few seconds, but I'm furiously tapping and it just seems like it's not working.

I don't know what to make of the game.

If you stop constantly looking for problems in everything, and instead just sit back, relax and actually enjoy the experience they present, you might actually have some fun and understand what the rest of us see in this game.

Not sure if it's Darren Darren.. but there is a guy called Darren in my group : /

I'm not arguing against warping, it's a great feature. Just the responsiveness of it. I can understand why it takes a few seconds, but I'm furiously tapping and it just seems like it's not working.

Yeah, I know you weren't. I was just pointing out how I like the feature.: peace:

I'm having a blast using the regular gun. It's so effective when on the larger maps or at a height against the roller users. :D

Once again, loved it. I kicked arse with the regular gun, and I was the top person on my team in every match. This was the best:

GgluKx8.jpg

xHPfsxb.jpg

People don't seem to expect you to squid right up to them and blast them to bits. I also got the hang of circling back and forth and moving very effectively in squid form.

Also, not one of the colour combinations gave me trouble. They seem to avoid purple/blue.

Dammit, I was nearly at level 11 on the squid jump mini-game! :heh:

Anyway, more great Turf Wars. Hope Nintendo don't really leave us hanging until the 29th. :hmm: I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!! :shakehead:bouncy:

Well that was a blast, I really enjoyed it. This demo has sold me on the full game, i hope they add some more times to this demo before the full release.

Once again, loved it. I kicked arse with the regular gun

Yeah I'm preferring the regular gun myself. Worst gun for me is that sniper gun, but i'm sure with more practice I could get good with it.

Difficult to pull off, but very satisfying when you manage to jump over someone's roller and mow them down from behind.

Well that was fun. Now I just have to wait three weeks to try it again :(

Dammit, I was nearly at level 11 on the squid jump mini-game! :heh:

I love that game! I hope it is possible to access it independently of the loading screens, it's a great touch though, I wish every game had those sort of time killers, it would make loading screens a lot more tolerable!

That was AWESOME!! :D

Paint Roller is so OP! I love it! :)

The motion controls work so brilliantly! And the Super Jump mechanic really does a great job of getting players back into the game, while solving the age old problem of spawn point camping! It's genius!

I love the way that you can hide in the ink and then spring a surprise on an unsuspecting inkling! And the way that you can Super Jump into the action and shoot someone in mid air as you drop in on 'em!

And the whole travelling in ink mechanic makes the traversal so dynamic and interesting! It's great! (the detailed map on the Gamepad is really great too - the best players will definitely be keeping a close eye on the Gamepad screen to see where the opponents' ink has been placed and getting down to removing it ASAP!: We ended up cornering the opposing team into a corner after covering most of the map as we all lay in wait inside the ink, just picking them off as they dared to venture towards us :laughing: )

It's fast, fluid and fresh and I want it now! I've not enjoyed a shooter this much in a long, long time! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I love how you can start shooting when you're still flying through the air, adds so much energy to the combat

And the Super Jump mechanic really does a great job of getting players back into the game

Yeah its so simple but it adds so much to the pace of a match. In one of the last games just now I had a teammate who was about to get taken out who was at the corner of the map,and I managed to warp to them in time just in time to help them. It felt great!

Wow, I didn't even notice this detail, image stolen from elsewhere:

zJaLucP.jpg

Those are Miiverse posts.

While fun, something just isnt sitting right with me and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I wonder how Zechs will handle spawn killing? Such things used to drive him nuts on CoD.

It happened again with me in two matches in a row. They charged the base using Scattershot JRs and held the whole team back. When we did manage to break free they simply used their shields and we couldn't damage them. It happened twice due to the teams not switching for whatever reason.

It was fine on the large map but on the small one you, once you spawn, you have to get out of the zone but theres really only one exit. You could have 3 members just sitting, watching the spawn point, while one guy with a roller cleans the map up.

As a person who plays a lot of shooters, things just seem too chaotic and random at times, compared to the likes of CoD, Gears, Halo etc.

So, yeah, mixed feelings from me. I'll still buy it but it may be a case of just playing through the single player and calling it a day.

The only 5 stages at launch thing no longer feels like an issue to me, too. I'd be happy with those 2 maps for the few weeks til the next one

I didn't encounter any spawn killing. Not even when three people on my team left at the start (I still managed over 20% coverage).

It'll definitely be better when we have more costume customisation (and perk) and more weapon options

I didn't encounter any spawn killing. Not even when three people on my team left at the start (I still managed over 20% coverage).

Great, but it happened on all 3 sessions for me.

I think they are planning on patching a fix for the spawn killing, though. I think one of the staff on Treehouse mentioned the problem.

While fun, something just isnt sitting right with me and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I wonder how Zechs will handle spawn killing? Such things used to drive him nuts on CoD.

It happened again with me in two matches in a row. They charged the base using Scattershot JRs and held the whole team back. When we did manage to break free they simply used their shields and we couldn't damage them. It happened twice due to the teams not switching for whatever reason.

It was fine on the large map but on the small one you, once you spawn, you have to get out of the zone but theres really only one exit. You could have 3 members just sitting, watching the spawn point, while one guy with a roller cleans the map up.

As a person who plays a lot of shooters, things just seem too chaotic and random at times, compared to the likes of CoD, Gears, Halo etc.

So, yeah, mixed feelings from me. I'll still buy it but it may be a case of just playing through the single player and calling it a day.

The team spawn point is protected though. They can't damage you until you set out, so you could just pick the three players off from the spawn point itself.

Yeah, I didn't get any either.

The team spawn point is protected though. They can't damage you until you set out, so you could just pick the three players off from the spawn point itself.

And as soon as you do you're dead due to shields or if you have a roller and they have a gun.

But what do I know. No one else had this happen so I'm clearly just making it up.