NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Team eater, getting absolutely annihilated. So many games with a drop out though, makes it so irritating and not fun at all.

Team eater, getting absolutely annihilated. So many games with a drop out though, makes it so irritating and not fun at all.

damn, I was hoping I was seeing the worst of it. Oh well. Not sure I'll bother with this splatfest, 2 points per match almost guaranteed = not much fun :(

had a few games like that too. I said this with the last Splatfest but I assumed connections would be better during these events since they are basically regional matches but I actually find them worse.

I will say it did get a lot better the last hour I played though.

Team Sleep!:zzz:

That new paint brush flies though it's ink. The other one is much better.

When half your opposition fall asleep!

#TeamSleep problems

11760182_10153479087643210_1866787356871565492_n.jpg?oh=11b3c84471aaf2132e51bc222fb515f7&oe=564E4E3C

Why is team sleep almost exclusively filled with casual players and drop-outs. I have finished top of my team in all but one of my games and team sleep hasn't even won ONE of the 15 games I've played so far. The last game we got 6.3% and two players dropped out. This absolutely sucks.

These Splatfests are awful. They force you into one game mode, stop you from playing with friends and are even more lag-filled than normal games!

Poor game design by Nintendo at work here, very poor design!

You think they're awful, I love them.

It's 24 hours, I'm sure you can survive without other modes for one day. I also encountered zero lag last night and I played for hours.

You think they're awful, I love them.

It's 24 hours, I'm sure you can survive without other modes for one day. I also encountered zero lag last night and I played for hours.

Surely you see where I'm coming from though? It makes the game so much more restrictive. It's basically making it a third of the game for 24hrs!

Another problem with them is that they are during the weekend, which is the most likely time friends can get together and game.

You might love them but there's no denying it's silly design!

That new paint brush flies though it's ink. The other one is much better.

It really does do, 2 mains of Ink Saver Main perk are needed with it.

I think Splatfest should be less frequent and they should use them as an opportunity to rotate in the ranked game types every four hours to give everyone a chance to practice and explore them without the fear of losing ranks. Plus it'd mix it up, hours of endless Turf wars doesn't really excite me.

Would probably be more fun if you could team up with four friends and look for four friends on an opposite team.

Should also be able to keep the t-shirts, Jesus. It's unique gear and the designs are kinda cool.

Doesn't help my three least favourite maps are featured in the current Splatfest.

Hope they increase the level cap when the August update hits, I'm starting to run out of stuff to do in this game...

Surely you see where I'm coming from though?

Not in the slightest. A 24 hour event every month or so really isn't that big a deal, I'm sure you can survive without the other modes for that one day of the calendar month. The Splatfest is supposed to be something everyone joins in on. It's a great idea, implemented pretty well IMO.

I also think it's worth remembering that this is Nintendo's first multiplayer team shooter in well, ever. They've done a good job considering this is new ground for them.

Edited by Rummy

I finally found a team worth playing in and after 6 straight games of domination we get a communication error that splits us up.

I can't wait to be able to play as part of a chosen team.

I finally found a team worth playing in and after 6 straight games of domination we get a communication error that splits us up.

I can't wait to be able to play as part of a chosen team.

I been having a similar thing. Was going great in a team, got all the flags in the little streak thing and was "on fire", then I suddenly start getting disconnected. Turned off for now will go back later.

I think from my play session that team sleep might have this one. We were dominating some games.

Splatfests are a great idea, but they aren't implemented as well as they could be.

As Guy said, it would be much better if the modes rotated. Also, what would be the problem with keeping your shirt? Even if it's just the winning side that keeps them as a trophy of sorts?

I understand the arguments of keeping it fair by not allowing friends play together (i don't agree), but there is no excuse for restricting these other things?

I hope when the August update comes round all these restrictions disappear.

What are you on about? It's like arguing with a brick wall. I agree we should be able to play Splatfests with friends, I disagree that not being able to play other modes for a whopping 24 hours is a problem.

I think the problem here is that kav has a valid point but you are essentially trying to topple it by pointing out that it's a small issue in your eyes. To some people, 24 hours can constitute all the time they might have during a weekend (for me, this weekend that would certainly have been the case).

As always around here, rather than telling people they shouldn't be getting worked up, why not try ignoring them if you feel differently? Clearly it does bother some people more than you, but why does that fact itself bother you?

I did my part.

uxRJVLn.jpg

Also had a great 3v4 match

yDHMkhE.jpg

And another which started as 3v4 but went to 3v3 after a minute.

cAy5ubM.jpg

This is "brilliant". When someone manages to fuck you day up so much that you can't even play with any fun and have to stop.... I will not go to the last level this time.....

Edited by Kounan

43 minutes left to get 35 points. Needs a smaller boundary because this is just too big a wasted window. Matchmaking needs to be much faster too. Some lag in matches but is easing up now. Just need to be playing more than waiting in this darn lobby!

Edit 17 mins for 12points get it together and hurry up splatoon!!!

Ediedit:won was a 3 vs 4! 10 min for 7 points!!! Sweating my balls off from the tension and annoyance here!!

Need 5 points. 1 match. Need a win and over 400p. I may be crying shortly.

THE GAMING GODS FAVOUR ME! Cheap but ended up against a team of 3. Bit nooby too. I...am relieved.

Edited by Rummy

OK, SplatFest done and dusted for me and a chill out had - I want to address something now that I'm not on my phone in front of Splatoon.

Not in the slightest. I actually think you're looking for things to complain about with this game. A 24 hour event every month or so really isn't that big a deal, I'm sure you can survive without the other modes for that one day of the calendar month.

Right, I want to focus on this - because I think this is the crux of what causes issues here.

As has been raised - in the above you had dismissed kav's points and then made it about kav instead. It does nothing to further discussion except serve to rile and derail the thread. Notably - others actually have made further discussion on and agree with some of kav's sentiments - I haven't seen you address these posts and so I must say it does look like you have a specific bee in your bonnet about kav here, rather than the points being made.

Additionally if, as you claim, you(or anyone else) are unable to even entertain someone else's perspective or point of view('see where they're coming from') whether you agree with it or not then you are of no positive benefit to this forum and will do little to further discussions. This point here is subtle, and language makes it complicated, but we all have to prepared sometimes to just agree to disagree. Without any possibility of understanding someone else's point of view however - how do you then address it with any sensible response?

You later said;

You've had a closed mind about this game for ages, it's obvious for all to see.

Obvious for all to see? I will actually disagree - yes Kav has been hesistant and critical of this game, but he was open-minded enough to both play it AND purchase it. To tell someone something like this about their own person with such conviction will, once again, do nothing but create further tension on this forum.

Think about the way you're posting and the things you're posting @Ronnie. Next time I see you make your points in such a manner, you will be banned from the thread in question.

I've publicly put this post here so that others may hopefully take the points from it. No further discussion on the point will occur here.

Good work Team Eating. Hope I was able to contribute to our narrow victory with the 6 or so games I played.

10 Snails though, not too shabby!

Got my highest score earlier, on the Kelp Dome. 1770p! Didn't get a pic though.

Ultimately, Splatfests are sadly limiting. Sure, run them for 24 hours, have random teams only, but have it as an option in the lobby alongside the standard normal and ranked, for if people want to play with friends or on the other modes. I like how it mixes things up and makes it nighttime with different music, with a special reward scale, but to close off the rest of the game is unnecessary, and to spend the time levelling up the splatfest tee to have it taken away is frustrating. I join the others in saying hopefully things will be better after the next update.

I think Splatfest should be less frequent and they should use them as an opportunity to rotate in the ranked game types every four hours to give everyone a chance to practice and explore them without the fear of losing ranks. Plus it'd mix it up, hours of endless Turf wars doesn't really excite me.

Would probably be more fun if you could team up with four friends and look for four friends on an opposite team.

Should also be able to keep the t-shirts, Jesus. It's unique gear and the designs are kinda cool.

Doesn't help my three least favourite maps are featured in the current Splatfest.

Hope they increase the level cap when the August update hits, I'm starting to run out of stuff to do in this game...

I was somewhat surprised at how quickly there was another one - however I actually have a rather opposite complaint to Kav after my ordeal above...they're not long enough!!

I do however share your sentiments - they should both have variety AND also not be an exclusive mode for 24 hours. Both of these SplatFests I have been out on Saturday and working on Sunday - if either of my Sunday shifts were lates there's little to no chance I'd have gotten to play as much as I have and in actually playing straight from work it's quite pressured for the 6pm mark.

I'm also not sure what happened to @Kounan(what did btw??) but sometimes something might come up - that can actually be a bit gutting; especially if you've already started putting some play time in last night and now can't continue as you intended today. A wider window would make it more achievable I think.

Another issue for me is the final boundary - if you consider it took me 43 minutes to get...37 points(winning the majority of my matches, thankfully) then for that to be 99 at the same rate you're looking at like almost 2 hours just to get that final level/boundary.

I agree it'd be nice if you could keep your team's tee too - don't see any reason why not and it'd be kinda cool to bust out sometimes and others can see what team you were on/what splatfests you took part in. I'd also like the level cap off - atm I'm mostly playing because of people here, skyping with folks here, and because I'll be switching on to buy gear then level it up - there's less and less 3-slot items but the rate of earning to make them is a bit low/slow(barring ranked and in particular TC, which is another thing that keeps me coming back a lot atm). Very looking forward to what freshness the August update may bring us!

Good work Team Eating. Hope I was able to contribute to our narrow victory with the 6 or so games I played.

10 Snails though, not too shabby!

Noooooooo! Did team Eating win? I haven't been back to my WiiU yet but surely I thought team Sleep had it - given some of the discussions here and the matches I played today! Was clocking more wins that I expected! Guess all those fiends let the team down overnight(including me)...

Here's a video of that 3v4

First I've seen of that gun from user's perspective...makes me think even more I need to clear the single player bits to get it! Shame is the multiplayer just keeps keeping me so hooked that I burn out on it and don't fancy the single!

Edited by Rummy