NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I'm away for the next 2 weeks, but if there are any rounds on weekends starting 1st october I should be available.

If you're looking to get a balanced team, I've mainly been using Bamboo II / III, Squiffers, Splattershot Pros, Dual Squelchers and Octobrush.. Map and Mode dependant.

Would be interesting to get some privates going again, was fun for the few weeks it lasted.

I'm away for the next 2 weeks, but if there are any rounds on weekends starting 1st october I should be available.

If you're looking to get a balanced team, I've mainly been using Bamboo II / III, Squiffers, Splattershot Pros, Dual Squelchers and Octobrush.. Map and Mode dependant.

Would be interesting to get some privates going again, was fun for the few weeks it lasted.

11th, 18th and 25th of this month....

registration is open until 3:45 tomorrow I think, so we could still get in. I don't think we'll be spoilt for choice... so anyone up for putting up a team (2?) together? could be interesting to see how we all measure up...

I'll put my name down... but time is running out this week... so anyone else in??

Z45TjR7.png

Very close week, 2nd-6th only had a little over 2 points separating us. Are took first place comfortably And Redshell made a nice little appearance in ranked!

thought I'd take a screen shot of this last night:

ljd9m21.png

good luck this week everyone!

Current standings:

Helmsly

Are1981

Pestneb

The Mole

David.dakota

Obviously DuD is noticeable in his absence, half way point of the week but Are seems to have cemented his place in ranked already and Helmsly is heading up the table for the first time I believe, 3 more days left!

Gah! Just realised yesterday was Sunday and I was actually totally about and should have thought and tried to do the tourney! Too many late nights and frying my brain :p

Sadly I'm away this weekend but I'd like it if we could try and enter for at least one - just to see how we go. Can we get anyone interested for the last one? I'm assuming there's another after this Sunday, right?

Gah! Just realised yesterday was Sunday and I was actually totally about and should have thought and tried to do the tourney! Too many late nights and frying my brain :p

Sadly I'm away this weekend but I'd like it if we could try and enter for at least one - just to see how we go. Can we get anyone interested for the last one? I'm assuming there's another after this Sunday, right?

I think there are a few next month too? I'm definitely interested this week.

Been working hard the last few weeks, so I've fallen a bit behind on player profiles etc... I have kept track of the back log and will be making up for lost time a bit now!

This week.. (well, week 4 in august :s)

Phube

Wearing a power mask, black inky rider top and school shoes phube is a tricky squid to figure out*!

His power mask gives him the benefit of a defence up main, with his black inky rider boosting his bomb range and his school shoes giving him a sub ink saver main and secondary. This helps give him a little extra range with his splash bombs for those occasions where his slosher isn't quite up for the job*! Not one for waiting around, his gear gives him a quick respawn and quick super jump secondary, while special saver and ink recovery up limit the damage should he be splatted and ensure empty tanks are a rarity.

With a healthy range of weapons used, the slosher is a relatively new tool, sitting in the middle of his usage table, having used the aerospray RG most intensively.

Current top 3 this week:

1.Are

2.Helmsly

3.The Mole

One weapon series stands out above the rest – the Squelcher series. While not the most used weapon in the league, the custom dual squelcher is the squelcher boasting the most coverage so far.

Maxed out by Are and having been moderately used by most of the top 5 players, with the notable exception of Helmsly, the Custom Dual Squelcher offers an increased rate of fire over the jet squelchers at a small cost to both damage and range, just like the regular Jet Squelcher.

Unlike the regular Jet Squelcher, the Custom equips squids with Squid Beakons to help redeploy team mates to advantageous locations as well as the killer wail special to force the opposition out from cover!

Current standings for the week:

Are1981

Helmsly

The Mole

Pestneb

Mokong

With a low turnout this week is looking to be a perfect opportunity for @david\.dakota, @dazzybee and @Nicktendo to move up a position or two on the overall table...

Edited by Pestneb

So, I've finally got my internet :D, I hope it works properly.

How does this competition work?

So, I've finally got my internet :D, I hope it works properly.

How does this competition work?

Play splatoon, and be on my friends list (which you are), so that's pretty much it.

https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ranking

You get points for turf and ranked position relative to NE players.

It's weighted towards ranked.

if you see me online in a turf battle please join - it's much more fun that way! (it's been a while since I played anyone in turf wars :|)

Edited by Pestneb

Play splatoon, and be on my friends list (which you are), so that's pretty much it.

You get points for turf and ranked position relative to NE players.

It's weighted towards ranked.

if you see me online in a turf battle please join - it's much more fun that way! (it's been a while since I played anyone in turf wars :|)

Thx, I will probably play every weekend plus some days during the week. I just hope the connection will work properly, especially as there is also Mario Kart 8 League :D.

dkeKqQI.png

Very quiet this week! Planning on drawing things to a close at the end of next month with a slight change in the weighting as the current formula is a bit unbalanced. Might need a bit of help keeping track of scores over the next month as I won't be around much!

Edited by Pestneb

Does today count for this week?

The rankings run sunday-saturday, with the rankings resetting about midnight, around the same time as the stage rotation happens (I'm not sure if that will change when the clocks change).

So today counts towards week 1 of October.

HM81aQh.png

@david\.dakota@dazzybee@Mokong@Nicktendo@martinist@Kounan@RedShell@%1;@Phube

5 more weeks left, 125 points up for grabs!

I won't be around for a large chunk of October, @are1981 and @DuD have kindly agreed to keep an eye on things for the weeks I won't be around.

If you want to have your scores collected you'll need to send a friend request (if you aren't already friends!) to ideally both Are and DuD, they will keep track for the weeks I'm not here!

After October I'm planning on making a small change to the weighting as I'm finding it favours ranked modes too heavily. The new formula will still favour ranked battles but will reflect time invested in each mode more fairly.

Having tested the changes with the first two months results, the positions in individual months have not changed but margins are tighter which should make things a little more interesting (hopefully!)

Edited by Pestneb

How do you get points?

It's based on positions in turf wars and ranked modes, the top ten positions (amongst N-E'ers) get points, with more points the higher up you appear in the ranking.

So to get more points, climb higher in the rankings!

It's based on positions in turf wars and ranked modes, the top ten positions (amongst N-E'ers) get points, with more points the higher up you appear in the ranking.

So to get more points, climb higher in the rankings!

Great, thx :).

Btw. I have 2 ranked points and that's why I've asked :D.

Great, thx :).

Btw. I have 2 ranked points and that's why I've asked :D.

Don't worry - I'm keeping an eye on the scores! You're in fifth place at the moment, Behind Are1981, The Mole, Helmsly (Nigel) and myself (Stephane) which would earn you 10 points in ranked (although not for the overall score!)

Combined with your points in Turf, you're currently on about 11 points overall score (Ranked and Turf scores go through a formula to add weight to the Ranked mode score and maintain a maximum weekly score of 25...)

DuD

DuD doesn't do dawdling!

Sporting black arrowbands, A Forge Inkling Parka and Blue Biker Boots, DuD has refined his set up to give him speed, and lots of it!

Boosting his Forge Inkling Parka's main ability of run speed up with no less than 6 secondaries, his Ink Resistant Blue Biker boots help him to march quickly even in enemy ink!

Filling his last slots, his Sporting black arrowbands make sure he is never disadvantaged in a smaller team, with a tenacity main and 3 special charge up secondaries allowing him to benefit from his Fresh Squiffer's Kraken!

Don't worry - I'm keeping an eye on the scores! You're in fifth place at the moment, Behind Are1981, The Mole, Helmsly (Nigel) and myself (Stephane) which would earn you 10 points in ranked (although not for the overall score!)

Combined with your points in Turf, you're currently on about 11 points overall score (Ranked and Turf scores go through a formula to add weight to the Ranked mode score and maintain a maximum weekly score of 25...)

I am just not going to ask any questions anymore.... I'll just trust you :D.

Are

Some of Are's favourite weapons...

The Squelcher series - undoubtedly one of Are's preferred weapon series!

With two of the four weapons released maxed out, Are is very much at home using these weapons.

Offering good range and a reasonable rate of power and damage these weapons lend themselves to his prefered play style!

Weapon of choice: The Custom Dual Squelcher

The Gal series comes close behind, with the .52 Gal being the second weapon Are maxed out!

The splash wall and killer wail seemingly better suit for Are then the .52 Gal deco's seeker and inkstrike, considering that he has covered barely an eighth as much ground with the deco!

As for the .96 Gal... perhaps Are prefers the fire rate of the .52 over the added range of the .96!

Weapon of choice: The .52 Gal

The Splattershot series is perhaps over looked by Are. The most represented series in the game, with ten weapons to choose from, Are has only exceeded 10k ink coverage with half of the range.

If there is one splattershot that does seem to find its way into Are's capable hands on a regular basis, it is the Splattershot Pro.

With it's longer range, lower damage but steady rate of fire it perhaps fit's in close to the .52 Gal in terms of play style, boasting a slightly greater range than the .96, a better fire rate than the .52 but at a cost of almost 20% less damage per hit.

Weapon of Choice: The Splattershot Pro

Are's weapon sweet spot seems to lay with a medium-high range weapon that deals average damage with a middling fire rate.

Honourable mentions:

Blaster series, Blaster

Luna Blaster series, Luna Blaster

Splat Charger series, Splatterscope

E-litre series, Custom E-Litre 3k Scope

Carbon series, Carbon Roller Deco

Heavy Splatling series, Heavy Splatling

Slosher series, Slosher

DuD is online somewhere too! just popped out to change my weapon, I was slightly slower than usual though so I'm out for this match I'm afraid - will be back in the next one. I hope DuD is in the same match as you Kounan! :D

Thx guys. I have to go now as my daughter wants me to put her to sleep and then I have to get my staff readdy for work. Hope to play some games again soon.