NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I am, but I can't do it on this internet connection and have to wait for the operator guy to come (they are waiting for some equipment).

I am, but I can't do it on this internet connection and have to wait for the operator guy to come (they are waiting for some equipment).

My connection has started worrying me... v/c stopped working yesterday with Are... and then today I got disconnected 50% of the time :| hopefully it's just a short term dip...

Current rankings for this week!

1st Are

2nd Pestneb

3rd Helmsly

4th DuD

5th The Mole

Busy (and hot!) week, I haven't had as much free time at all! Could be interesting in turf this week, top 3 are fairly tightly bunched! This is the final week for August so I'll have the results up for the week hopefully saturday and then monthly results should be up maybe mid next week.

Good performances from The Mole and Are this week, with The Mole pushing to take 5th place from DazzyBee this week and closing in on DuD! While Are is edging closer to securing his place in 1st for the month... about 60 hours remain...

Are

Donning fake contacts, a layered vector LS and choco clogs, make no mistake about it - Are is not here to play games!

With a special up on his fake contacts, supported by no less than 4 secondaries, are is clearly keen to take to the field in his kraken form!

The layered vector LS helps keep his special guage in tact should the worst happen, with his clogs handily reducing the time out of the field so he can get right back into the action!

While he's in regular form, his remaining secondaries serve him well, with damage up making his jet squelcher stronger and his ink saver (main) making a full tank go further, while his three swim up secondaries help him navigate the stage with haste!

Perusing his eclectic collection of used weaponry, two qualities come to the fore - range and power.

While Are comes across as very warm and welcoming as a person, in inkling form he prefers to forcibly keep others at a distance - with great efficiency.

Cold and calculating, Are is very familiar with the squelcher class of weapons, with both the dual squelchers and the custom jet squelcher

featuring in his top 5, which is completed with a powerful 5.3Gal and an e-litre 3k scope...

These weapons have a slow and steady rate of fire, possibly reflecting a more clinical approach.

Effective at shutting down counter attacks, keeping a cool head even in the most desparate of situations, Are is a valuable member in any squad!

Edited by Pestneb

A fairly low scoring week, I guess most of us were enjoying the summer!

@david\.dakota jumped in for the first time this month knocking @The Mole down to last place at the final hours, the top 3 was the closest with about an hours worth of matches separating the top 3.

@are1981 as usual dominated ranked matches, but just lost out on first by a single point.

@Helmsly put in another solid performance to secure 3rd place. Thanks to a strong showing in Ranked @DuD holds 4th place along with David.

tfYvAiP.png

I'll put up August's monthly results up soon hopefully, in the meanwhile I'm looking forward to playing a few matches with people in September!

Busy week here, not had much spare time so this has just been thrown together - sorry guys!

hopefully I'll be able to do this properly for September, but for now here are the results for August

idruru0.jpg

An interesting first week, 2 new entrants for the start of september, should make for an interesting table!

3 NE'ers on splatoon atm... if you're free come join us. Some awesome matches so far, highlight for me was when Helmsly held of 3 squids single handed!

RLDMUXP.png

Well done to Are who has taken the lead on maxed out weapons, with 3/87 now at their maximum!

@martinist had a strong entry at number 5, with @Mokong getting a steady 7th place!

@The Mole leaped up from his usual 5th to take 3rd and closing in on 4th place overall,

Martinist may be taking 6th from DazzyBee, While further up the table DuD has moved in to challenge Helmsly for 3rd on points.

It should be another busy week for me but hopefully I'll find a bit more time - really fun matches last night with @Helmsly and @are1981

Eh? whats going on here..this is the first i've head of this league table thing. I didn't even enter or anything lol

Eh? whats going on here..this is the first i've head of this league table thing. I didn't even enter or anything lol

Haha, it's just tracking how we all do compared to each other, taking info from splatnet. Being in my friends list and playing splatoon = entry. If you'd rather I not track how you do just let me know and I'll leave you out in the future.

Basically taking everything from this site: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ranking

How do you get the scores? I was looking at splatnet last night and mine only showed Are from here with points?

How do you get the scores? I was looking at splatnet last night and mine only showed Are from here with points?

The rankings reset 11pm saturday for UK people, just before the stage rotation. 12am sunday for Europe people.

I only see people who are on my friends list, so mainly people who have mario maker or mario kart. You may have to add a few more people to your friendlist if you want to see everyone.

The Mole, Are, Helmsly and Nicktendo appear on my list (as well as yourself of course) but it tends to be a little fuller on friday and saturday.

I just put the game disc in for the first time since May and I am absolutely terrified to play Ranked Battle because I know I'll lose my A- ranking almost immediately. What has happened in this game? Almost everyone is level 50 and the population of Japanese playings has grown even MORE, it's ridiculous! I am getting absolutely slaughtered :laughing: Still, 1000 points for a victory is nice, when did that happen? Gonna keep playing and hopefully get my game back before taking on Ranked Battle.

Play Splatoon, win a NX!

7th September 2016 – Rollers at the ready: Splatoon players all across Europe can battle it out in the first ESL Go4Splatoon tournament, kicking off at 16:00 CEST this Sunday. Powered by ESL, the world’s largest esports company, the six-month season of tournaments will culminate with a grand final showdown in 2017, where the winning team from each month’s cup will compete to win Nintendo’s next video game system, code-named NX.

The first weekly cup takes place this Sunday afternoon, with players on the cup-winning team each receiving an item of official Splatoon clothing signed by members of the Splatoon development team. The top teams of each weekly tournament will earn Go4Splatoon ranking points, and each calendar month, the eight teams with the most ranking points will proceed to the following month’s Europe Monthly Final, with September’s highest-ranked teams going through to the monthly cup in mid-October.

As the season goes on, the stakes get higher, as the victorious side in each monthly cup will proceed to the grand final in 2017. This ultimate splat showdown will reveal Europe’s best Splatoon team, and each player on the winning side will receive Nintendo’s next video game system, code-named NX.

Teams ready to put their skills to the test can sign up for the first tournament on the ESL Go4Splatoon website, where further details about tournaments and full rules and regulations can also be found.

Also that moreorless confirms Splat2on for NX as well surely? :heh:

NX 2017 super-confirmed.

Except it's code-named NX as we're reminded a few times ;)

Dammit @S\.C\.G - I was just coming in here(for a reason I'm not sure, it only just occured to me) to make a Spla2n/Splatwoon joke!

Is that also just like a single NX for the whole team(also irony in offering a prize of a console that's not even officially been revealed/announced yet) but damn if it doesn't make me wonder if we should get a little crew together for it...

"...each player on the winning side will receive Nintendo’s next video game system, code-named NX."

Dammit [MENTION=529]but damn if it doesn't make me wonder if we should get a little crew together for it...

We have enough people to put together a team... maybe even two if a few people can be tempted by the potential of a free NX...

Current standings this week

Are1981

Dud

Nicktendo

The Mole

Pestneb

Helmsly

Redshell

Edited by Pestneb

just found this - I had time to make it but didn't find the time to post it!

oIuVKrX.png

I've divided up weapons in categories according to how much ink they have spread.

The first graph shows % of each category by player. So for example in the 500k category we can see Are has the biggest share of 500k weapons (or had at the time of the graph, I haven't tracked data too recently!) While DuD has the most weapons with 50-99k ink spread.

The second graph shows how many weapons are represented in each category, no real surprises in the curve, slight anomaly in the 100-499k category, but then it is perhaps a bit too broad. Oh, if a weapon hasn't been used it is in the first category... which also explains to an extent why that category is as large as it is.

Final few hours before the reset, Are, DuD and Nicktendo currently hold the top 3 positions.

Won't be able to do the NX competition thing - some work's come up tomorrow and I need teh monies. If I miss tomorrow's Sunday are there others we can get involved in? Is there a sign-up deadline?

Final few hours before the reset, Are, DuD and Nicktendo currently hold the top 3 positions.

How are you working out the results Pestneb? Is there some kind of formula or simply the scores from Ranked and Turf Wars from SplatNet? What's the weighting etc.?

I had a horrible night last night. Played 9 games and lost 8. Absolutely shocking and a number of disconnects...

How are you working out the results Pestneb? Is there some kind of formula or simply the scores from Ranked and Turf Wars from SplatNet? What's the weighting etc.?

I had a horrible night last night. Played 9 games and lost 8. Absolutely shocking and a number of disconnects...

weighted to first place and ranked.

1st place gets a huge bonus, 2nd and third a small one, 4th a tiny one and from then down it's kinda participation points really!

Ranked mode gives the most points, which is why even though I was first in turf earlier (not now.. thanks @Helmsly :P) I didn't make it into the top three....

I didn't want it just on the scores on splatnet (Helmsly and I got 700+ in turf wars alone one week) but there are a few issues with the current setup that I'll try to address later... it's mainly for fun though and to see more N-E people on the game really.

Just to specify a lot more

1st = 25

2nd = 18

3rd=15

4th=12

5th=10

6th=8

7th = 6

8th= 4

9th = 2

10th = 1

From the top of my head. That is if you come first in both ranked and turf wars you get 25 points. I'm sure most can see where that got stolen from :D

Edited by Pestneb