NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Used the ranking site to have a look at how we all did this week.

The score is artificial, but basically takes your rank position and adds it to the turf war result. Oh, score is weighted to favour ranked battles... if @david\.dakota, @dazzybee and Are recently...

Anyway, quickly put together a table before this weeks results are wiped.

Weapons column just shows how many weapons we've each used (may not be 100% accurate), How much ink has been covered with the most inky weapon. Max is 999999p. and Lo for the weapon you have inked the least with.

JSJLdAZ.png

@Rummy, @RedShell, @Guy, @Phube,

@DuDand @BowserBasher don't show up on the site... but if you play I'll add you guys in too.

Aerospray RG, Splash-o-matic and the Custom dual squelcher are the most used weapons at the moment!

Edited by Pestneb

I haven't played since Xmas I don't think and still very much into Overwatch atm! Not sure if I'll get back into Splatoon again any time soon myself but it's a cool idea @Pestneb, I like it!

So the Mole stealthily overtook DuD on turf wars, stealing his 3.3 points (Dud has been demoted to 2.7)

I won't update the table above, but will record the details for August result round up.

All the counters are back to zero, Week 2 has begun!

@The Mole had fun in the matches with you earlier... everywhere I went there you were! :D

Edited by Pestneb

A strong start to this week from both @DuD who is currently comfortably in third place, as well as @The Mole for driving my win % down to the ground in turf wars!:shakehead

Welcome to @Phube and @viceview51 who are both going to make an appearance on the table for the first time this week.

@are1981 has made a token effort in turf this week and is currently in first place overall.

For August's 8 participants the Splattershot junior features in the top three most used weapons of 4 players, making it the most common weapon to appear in players top 3.

Perhaps not such a ringing endorsement as it is the first weapon we all started out with!

Having said that it is a fine weapon for use in turf wars with a versatile loadout, with the defensively strong bubbler and the splat bomb going some way to compensate for its lack of power and range.

between 100k and 300k coverage has been achieved by it's main fans, those being @Helmsly, The Mole and myself.

Splattershots, Aerosprays and the odd .52 Gal seem to be the weapons favoured by those of us who

stayed with our original splattershot junior the longest!

Just to let people know, the servers reset around the time the last session ends on saturday - I will be aiming to look at the scores early on saturday, but as last week I will

try to see if there have been any position changes before scores are reset to 0!

I was chatting with Are and couldn't recall if the reset is 11 or 12 in the UK, but I presume it coincides with the change of stages? If Mole remembers when he stopped playing on saturday that would

give us a definitive answer!

Current standings after 2 and a bit days:

1.Are

2.Pestneb

3.DuD

4.The Mole

5.Viceview51

6.Phube

There's still plenty of time to get some matches in and work up the rankings.

rankings

A little movement on August table this week. @DuD has improved the most, moving up 2 position, While @dazzybee drops by the same amount, although due to his fairly strong score last week it wouldn't take much for him to regain 3rd place.

Despite a strong start to the week @The Mole drops down 1 position after @Helmsly entered the fray midweek to prise second place and challenge for first in turf wars!

@are1981 is in a very strong first position in Ranked - he's over 200 points clear of second place in that mode! Combined with his turf wars result he currently sits at the top of the weekly table and closes the gap to first for the monthly table.

@viceview51 and @Phube have registered for turf wars, entering with modest scores that place them in 7th and 8th to finish up the monthly table.

The Mole

Sporting Studio Headphones, a White Anchor Tee and Blue Lo-Tops, the Mole is a dangerous and sneaky foe.

Thanks to his inksaver main, boosted with a stacked secondary, he is able to pour out a steady stream of fire upon his foes with his trusty splattershot pro.

His Ninja squid ability helps him to move around unnoticed to ambush troublesome squids or to simply move around the stage unnoticed. Clever use of swim speed up secondaries counters the speed reduction that comes with his ninja squid ability.

Defense up, combined with a secondary damage up, gives him an extra edge in 1 on 1 confrontations while his Splat bomb range has been increased, and inkstrikes are unleashed regularly thanks to a special charge up secondary. Rounding out his abilities The Mole has increased his run speed and employs a quick super jump.

Boasting an arsenal comprising a quarter of the weapons available within the game, The Mole's favoured weapons are the splattershot pro, splattershot Junior and the .52 Gal. His top ten shows a strong bias towards shooters, with an occasional sortie with a roller. There does appear to be some room for experimentation further down his weapon list, with chargers, blasters and even a slosher making an appearance.

Generally The Mole seems to lean towards ink coverage while retaining the ability to take a more offensive role against the enemy at a distance.

Last week The Mole proved his sneaky credentials, jumping in at the last moment to snatch 5th position away from DuD! Currently sitting third in Turf wars, and abstaining from Ranked matches, The Mole has secured 6th place this week. Will he be able to improve his position in the hours that remain?

Edited by Pestneb

Had fun playing this for a few hours just now. @Pestneb joined me for loads of game too. Taking a break for now to get something to eat lol

It was fun.. I'd have preferred playing on your team a bit more often though - we played what, 4 matches on the same team? Still, good games and well done for taking first place! I'll see what I can do about changing that though! :D

Well done Are... yes no one will be taking first place from you now!

This weeks table:

5XEcsMo.png

A fairly tough week.. The Mole had good momentum early on in the week and looked a strong contender for first in turf wars. Helmsly came along midweek to take 2nd place from the mole, pushing hard and taking first place from me in turf wars to hand first to Are!

Not a lot of movement lower down in turf wars, Dud, Are, Viceview and Phube made appearances though and pick up the points.

Ranked was very quiet, Dud in a strong 3rd, Helmsly making an appearance to take the points for 4th. I got close to Are, at one point I thought I had a shot at first in ranked, but that didn't last for long!

Some good games with Helmsly, The Mole and Are this week, so thanks for those!

As usual this is the table as it stands - I will try to check later on to see if there has been any movement and will adjust scores accordingly. Congratulations Are for your first place and to Helmsly for picking up third this week!

**score correction**

Pestneb 18

Helmsly 16

Edited by Pestneb

Some good games with Helmsly, The Mole and Are this week, so thanks for those!

Yeah some fun games today. One of those was a little odd though, we had someone on my team that just stayed in the spawn point for the the entire match, walking around slowly lol

Yeah some fun games today. One of those was a little odd though, we had someone on my team that just stayed in the spawn point for the the entire match, walking around slowly lol

and yeah I found a group of 3 who just jumped about the stage for the whole match. frustrating when you are playing 3/4 serious players on your own :cry:

looks like we're in to the bitter end ;) I think the scores may reset according to local time? looks like we'll see soon enough...

In any case, I'm taking my last look at midnight here (mainland europe)....

Good luck ;)

haha.. slowly reeling me in! Sorry but I can't stay any longer, I'm too tired :D Good games... apart from that last one were adsfguy just sat on the spawn point staring at the sky. ::shrug:

ok so I'm heading to bed, if there are any other changes to the tables let me know... though I don't suspect there will be!

you get an extra 2 points, I lose the same amount so Are wins the week by a clear margin! no position changes (with 18 minutes left!)

Edited by Pestneb

ok so I'm heading to bed, if there are any other changes to the tables let me know... though I don't suspect there will be!

you get an extra 2 points, I lose the same amount so Are wins the week by a clear margin! no position changes (with 18 minutes left!)

I didnt realise it resets at 11am uk time, I assumed it would reset at midnight. The last time I checked, which was around ten minutes to eleven, you were still ahead of me by one point, but it ended for the map change over before I could check the final score lol

Shame it doesn't log the previous weeks score, was fun though!

I didnt realise it resets at 11am uk time, I assumed it would reset at midnight. The last time I checked, which was around ten minutes to eleven, you were still ahead of me by one point, but it ended for the map change over before I could check the final score lol

Shame it doesn't log the previous weeks score, was fun though!

Thanks for your honesty :P Although I'm a little conflicted on what to do with the table in light of it. At least now we know definitively when the scores reset.

I was thinking the same about logging the previous weeks score, it would make things a lot fairer (and easier).

In terms of what I'm going to do with the table, since it involves me directly I will defer judgement to yourself.

1) My last seen rank - You win

2) Your last seen rank - I win

3) joint first (1st place + 2nd place points shared between us)

You've proven you can be trusted to make your choice fairly, so choose the option that seems the most just to you.

I only added Option 3 for a situation where you are genuinely unsure which way it went - with 1 point and 10 minutes left, probably only the next two matches counted and the third went towards this weeks result, so if you recall those next couple of matches it should allow you to make an informed decision. : peace:

1) My last seen rank - You win

2) Your last seen rank - I win

3) joint first (1st place + 2nd place points shared between us)

Since I saw the rank more recently then you and you were ahead, I think the win should go to you. I can't fully remember how the last couple of games went after i checked Splatoon.net but I still think you should get the win :)

Most used weapons in splatoon and who uses what the most!

h3n8zpw.png

Current Monthly table at week two of four:

Pestneb

Are1981

Helmsly

DuD

DazzyBee

The Mole

Viceview51

Phube

Most used weapons in splatoon and who uses what the most!

h3n8zpw.png

Current Monthly table at week two of four:

Pestneb

Are1981

Helmsly

DuD

DazzyBee

The Mole

Viceview51

Phube

This is an interesting table! Good work, Stéphane!

Are those the most used just between us?

The weapon I use the most (on that list) these days has me in 7th place.

My most used weapons this year are: Bamboozler Mk II, Bamboozler Mk III, Splattershot Pro, Forge Splattershot Pro, Custom Jet Squelcher.

But that pretty much is exclusively Bamboozler, with the others occasionally mixed in.

Are those the most used just between us?

The weapon I use the most (on that list) these days has me in 7th place.

My most used weapons this year are: Bamboozler Mk II, Bamboozler Mk III, Splattershot Pro, Forge Splattershot Pro, Custom Jet Squelcher.

But that pretty much is exclusively Bamboozler, with the others occasionally mixed in.

yeah just between us. The data is taken from the splatnet information, I'm recording total coverage on a single table, I've not recorded it on a week by week basis, so I can't see which weapons people are currently using!

This week I'm just "levelling up" my weapons to try and find the weapons that suit my play style... and get abilities for all my slots! getting close now, I believe I own all the non-amiibo gear now, so just levelling those up slowly!

Current standings for this week:

Are (surprise! :D)

Helmsly,

Dud and

a distant 4th: Me!

DazzyBee

Making a stylish entrance, Dazzybee adorned himself with a Football Headband, Reggae Tee and Custom Trail Boots. He's been absent since the first week where he made a splash, taking a strong third position.

His gear certainly has unfulfilled potential with four secondary slots lacking abilities.

Tenacity, special saver (boosted with a secondary) and special duration up are the main abilities of his current garb, meaning he is well placed to unleash the Wasabi Splattershot's special at will, so watch out for those inkstrikes!

Two ink saver secondary abilities for his sub weapon helps him sprinkle the stage liberally with splat bombs, with an ink recovery up secondary helping him to refill that tank quickly. His last secondary, at time of writing, speeds up his squid jump, possibly helping him get out of tight situations safely, or get back to his spawn point to leisurely choose the best place to drop an inkstrike!

With 26 weapons used, DazzyBee seems to have focused on shooters, with an occasional outing with a roller and a little experience with a select few chargers. He has had a taster with sloshers and blasters, but didn't seem to take to them too well!

He seems to like the ability to keep foes at arms length but is possibly deterred by the vulnerability while charging up charger type weapons. Even in the shooter category perhaps the lower fire rate of jet squelchers and reduced distance of the dual squelcher have steered him to other shooter types. The Wasabi Splattershot allows him to make tentative incursions into enemy ink from afar with his splat bombs, all while hitting deeper into enemy territory with his inkstrikes and holding his own turf with his primary weapon, seemingly making it an excellent match.

DazzyBee dropped from 3rd to 5th last week due to his none participation, but looks likely to hold onto 5th as his competitors are also absent from this weeks table so far!

A strong performance this week could give him 2nd place on the monthly chart, and even a very weak one could see him comfortably take 4th

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

@Pestneb loving all your analysis, how're you getting all the info? Certainly makes me want to keep playing, away for a couple of weeks but going to dive back in when I get back!!

[TWEET]765906035118841856[/TWEET]

What does this mean?

@Pestneb loving all your analysis, how're you getting all the info? Certainly makes me want to keep playing, away for a couple of weeks but going to dive back in when I get back!!

Thanks. The data's pretty much all coming from splatnet, and I'm just collating it in a spreadsheet.

Hopefully I'll see you online soon!

What does this mean?

esl splatoon qualifying

We are pleased to announce a qualifier series for for the Splatoon showdown tournament at gamescom. The first qualifier will take place on Sunday, 24th July at 16:00 CEST. Make sure you are signed up!

In the next few weeks, ESL will host a series of online qualifiers to determine the best 4 teams that'll be invited for the Splatoon showdown tournament at gamescom. These 4 teams will be determined from a ranking based on points that can be gathered by playing in the qualifiers.

The three qualifiers will be open to all players from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Please note that the game version played at gamescom is different from the online version of the game. More details regarding that will be announced soon.

tournament details

Tournament details:

Four teams (German Hawks, Xerox, Creme Fresh and StarSquids) qualified for the Splatoon Showdown at gamescom by earning enough points in the three online qualifiers. Make sure to tune in for the tournament tomorrow, live from gamescom, starting at 3pm CEST.

shame it was only open to German language countries... I think N-E could have easily out done StarSquids at least!

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

Having some fun games with Dud and The Mole if anyone else is interested in joining us in turf wars?

JuDZbyA.png

bit later with posting this table up.. I figured it would be more accurate this way!

There's not too much chance of position changes at this stage, but if there is movement do let me know!

So a slightly different table this week. @are1981 sits at the top as usual, @Helmsly has a well deserved second place this week having secured a strong first place in turf wars! @DuD and I are tied for third place, with The Mole building up his score and closing in on @dazzybee.

Current over all standings:

1st Are

2nd Pestneb

3rd Helmsly

4th Dud

5th DazzyBee

6th The Mole

Also of note, Helmsly has maxed out a second weapon this week.

I believe I got to play with all of this weeks participants this week, it's been good - today When I got brutally blind sided and taken out... I didn't have to wait to see who the responsible party was -@The Mole has a very distinctive style :D I definitely prefer playing with you guys on my team!

Hope I'll be able to play several matches with NE'ers again this week, although I will be around less!

happy splatting all ;)!

Edited by Pestneb