NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

What an irony. Was just gonna post saying that I fired this up yesterday for the first time in months to show my friend, as she's been in Japan without her WiiU and is planning to take it back+a copy of this, and whilst I was absolutely loving seeing some of the new content(sadface no new inkbrushes :() and playing a few matches - one on the stage with converyor belts of sorts, we ended up with Kelp Dome about 5-6 times in a row which bugged me a little as I really wanted to see more of that new stage. If they won't put a good system for all the stages, then at least having 3 or even 4 would be better.

On the plus side though - don't know if it's Christmas or more people having the game or the time of day, but the matchmaking was super-fast. Didn't get any time to really fire up Squid Jump!

Nintendo Network down!!! Great timing.

Yeah, it's been down for a few hours now. I don't think there was any maintenance scheduled either. I wonder what the deal is? ::shrug:

yeah that was bad timing.I had leveled up to 'Money Champion' and needed around 40 points to get to Money King and couldn't get back on after that.

CXxhljuW8AE5Fos.jpg

Team Fitness won, which i'm actually really surprised by, as half the time I was playing during the Splatfest, is was putting us against other Money teams. When we did fight a Team Fit, we'd win. Was fun as always though.

yeah that was bad timing.I had leveled up to 'Money Champion' and needed around 40 points to get to Money King and couldn't get back on after that.

CXxhljuW8AE5Fos.jpg

Team Fitness won, which i'm actually really surprised by, as half the time I was playing during the Splatfest, is was putting us against other Money teams. When we did fight a Team Fit, we'd win. Was fun as always though.

Same :/

Although I also won convincingly against the team money teams, so I guess team fitness did as well... I played 1 team 3 times in a row, so surprised that the vote % was as close as it was. I suspect a lot of team fitness didn't play very much, those that did were reasonably good :(

I played it for the first time today. I finished the single player which is pretty meh. The actually multi is good fun, the first thing I did was turn off the god awful gyro. Came top in my first game, going to see if it grabs me fully over the next couple of days.

You'll use the sticks for a bit then switch gyro back out of curiosity and realise how much better it is. There's no going back after that.

New weapon out Friday:

[tweet]687816515664654336[/tweet]

This will be the final weapon to be added to Splatoon, bringing the total number of weapons to 74 (including the three weapons you unlock with amiibo).

I'll put this on soon to get the map and buy the weapons I don't have, maybe play a few games on it... but after that it will sink into obscurity once more and the WiiU will continue to gather dust.

I'm really gutted about Splatoon. It, like many WiiU games (and the console itself), is a HUGE missed opportunity! It could've been so much better than it was with just a few simple and industry standard (since 2005) tweaks! :(

To Celebrate Splatoon selling a Million units, Nintendo are holding a Live concert soon. They released this video of the band rehearsing for it the other day:

Also, EU Splatfest on the 30th:

[tweet]690851912388890625[/tweet]

I only got to play the recently added stage tonight, I love the design of it. its like a games development studio: EPzpYTH.jpg

I have to play this again, I do miss it. Now I should have some time after Xenoblade is finished.

YES PLEASE!!!!! Sisters amiibo - unlock new mini games, ocotling amiibo unlocks them as a playable skin!!

If I had to guess, I would have to say that the new mini-game is a mash-up of The Mysterious Murasame Castle due to the ninja outfit and throwing star plus Super Mario Bros. arcade game due to the little crab on the cover.

Calling it now. : peace:

Here's that Splatoon Concert Nintendo held that I mentioned a few posts up

Edited by Helmsly

I want Callie and Marie amiibo way more than a 31 year old man should...

I'm not sure if I want any more Splatoon Amiibo to be revealed as I've just bought the Squid Amiibo from Argos for £5.99 to complete my set :grin:

Having said that, I'd welcome some extra single player content given that I can't play the game online!

I was a Red kid but Squirtle was my jam. This is gonna be a tough call.

I had Blue, but while Squirtle is better than Charmander, Charizard is better than Blastoise.