NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Honestly, I don't see how is that such a big problem? You choose a weapon and play and till now you should be having your favourite weapon.

If you play squads you don't need to leave the loby to change it.

Me and @are1981 are having usually good times and the only thing we complain is when are team mates (or when I :D) play bad.

I don't play with just one weapon. I'm like this on every game, I like changing up how I play very often.

After roughly every 3 games I'm usually wanting to use a completely different set-up. It's just the way I am, I don't have a favourite weapon, I have many favourites!

It's why on the CoD games I used to create 2 separate accounts, because 10 customer class slots weren't enough... so I had 20 yet I still wanted more!

But Splatoon is not COD as the weapons you can choose, but the rest is a bit different. I do have few pieces of clothes which are full, but only one, or two are really usefull, the rest just doesn't suit me.

OK, I know people are different, but I also played COD and I get it why you want to change the weapons a lot there, but with splatoon it is different for me. Yes, it would help some people, but it should really not be an issue.

Of course, it's just my opinion.

Me and @are1981 are having usually good times and the only thing we complain is when are team mates (or when I :D) play bad.

Yes, we have fun times when playing squads. Love it!

I hate having to back out of lobbies to search weapons and gear. They absolutely need an update which allows us to set classes which we can choose in lobbies.

I would like to be able to change weapons and gear in Regular Battles and Ranked Battles, like you actually can do in Squad Battles and Private Battles, but it is not gamebreaking for me. To have presets wouldn't suit my playstyle, because there are 330 stage & rule combinations* in Ranked, and 110 in Regular, therefore I use very many different weapon & gear combinations, so a handful of presets would not be enough for me.

* 11 stages, of which there are two in each rotation, 3 ranked rules (11 x 10 x 3 = 330).

I think this is more important for this than cod even as I feel the weapons are so so so different to each other. It's horrible they don't let us swap, or/and have load outs. This is my favourite Game of the past 10 years but they can improve it in so many ways.

Splatfest has become such a slog. Letting you play with friends who voted the same would make it so much more fun.

So I didn't play the splatfest(completely forgot about it until Sunday, when I was going work) and haven't played for a while in general, however I was thinking whilst in the cinema yesterday about how there were adverts for this a while ago(wasn't there?) but they seemed to have quickly died off.

Then I was thinking - why don't they use the Splatfest as a theme for small advert spots? Something quirky like cats or dogs, eating or sleeping, little clips of the two with some funny chat over the top - then a sort of 'have your say in Splatoon!' type dealie or something? Advertises the game to those without it, and the splatfest to those with so they get playing etc. The internet's shown that everyone loves cats, and dogs, and a few kittens and puppies turned into an ad for this could have worked imo!

Anyone up for this over the weekend? Would love to get a private match wit a few of us!!!

I would be interested, but doubt I'll have the time to get involved.

I'd love to get playing again. I may not be able to do today but will most likely be able to get on for a bit Sunday evening.

Finally got everything sorted here, I should be around a bit later, though I will be shockingly bad!

I've just been investigating and it seems I'm not the only one who is having the 'Connection is Unstable' problem since the August update :hmm:

I tried to play Splatoon this morning again and, as has becoming the norm, I didn't last 30 seconds without being forced out of the game. It happens in every single match making it impossible for me to play now and it's so disappointing :sad:

I really enjoyed what I played before the update but I haven't even had the chance to experience several of the new stages and game modes :(

You really should check for reasons at your place. My internet connection isn't great, but splatoon works 90% of the time with no issues.

I've just been investigating and it seems I'm not the only one who is having the 'Connection is Unstable' problem since the August update :hmm:

I tried to play Splatoon this morning again and, as has becoming the norm, I didn't last 30 seconds without being forced out of the game. It happens in every single match making it impossible for me to play now and it's so disappointing :sad:

I really enjoyed what I played before the update but I haven't even had the chance to experience several of the new stages and game modes :(

I had this issue and basically had to buy a wired USB etherner adapter to get things running properly again. Definitely not ideal for people who don't have their router or modem close to the console.

Maplin sell a decent one for £15 that works with Wii U here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/usb-20-to-ethernet-adapter-a31gy

I had the same issues after the update...

I DMZ'd my Wii U after the issues I had on Thursday and haven't seen any error messages, disconnects or even lag since.

Don't know if anyone else has tried this?

I don't think there will be security issues with a console from doing this, although I'm no expert.

Nintendo have instructions online for doing this. It worked a treat for me ☺

I'm still playing Splatoon, so just let me know whenever you want a squad mate or private battle.

I tried to find this, but didn't. Can you maybe point me in the right direction?

I'm still playing Splatoon, so just let me know whenever you want a squad mate or private battle.

I tried to find this, but didn't. Can you maybe point me in the right direction?

Do you mean you didn't find the instructions in the first place or that you tried and didn't manage to do it? I'm sure someone here could figure out some personalised instructions for your router etc.

I followed the instructions in this link.

The how-to's open into further instructions.

Hope this solves the problem :)

I tried that this afternoon and was almost celebrating as it seemed to be working :smile: After 2 minutes, though, my optimism was crushed and all subsequent games went the same way :sad:

There's so many things I may never experience :shakehead

Okay, I'm pretty desperate to get an 8 player private match going, surely we can gather 8 of us, hopefully get on Skype and pay this incredible game and all the modes!!!

Who's in TOMORROW at 8PM?!?!?!

@kav82 @S\.C\.G. @Hero\-of\-Time @david\.dakota are confirmed. 6 more!!!!!

It's 9PM CET?

I can't promise anything, as I have to see when my daugher is going to sleep....