NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Struggling to find games on the Splatfest yet again. :blank:

Either Team South Pole has very low numbers or something is up with matchmaking.

Looks like private/friend battles are now possible during a Splatfest though, which is cool.

Struggling to find games on the Splatfest yet again. :blank:

Either Team South Pole has very low numbers or something is up with matchmaking.

Looks like private/friend battles are now possible during a Splatfest though, which is cool.

Maybe Europe just doesn't care about Splatoon :(

To be fair, it's the opening weekend of the new football season. Not the best weekend to have a Splatfest.

I've given up for now. Will try again later/tomorrow.

Gonna take ages to level up at this rate though. :hmm:

At least continually getting kicked to the plaza allowed me to discover this: :grin:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I've been playing for the last couple of hours and not had any trouble finding matches and not a single disconnect, much better than on previous splatfests. That's on Team North Pole. The general standard of play has been noticably worse than usual though.

Since this thread is more active than the Splatoon online thread, I'll just quote myself:

Hi everyone! I haven't been on these boards for a long time now, but my Wii U has still been used almost daily in all these months.

Now, I'm hooked on Splatoon. Some of you may know already, as I have several of you on my friend list. And with the August 6th update, I'm ready for some private battles and squad battles! Have anyone here created any squads yet and tried this mode?

But now and for the next 24 hours... SPLAAAATFEEEEEEEEST!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

And now that I have reached maximum level this Splatfest, I'm ready for some private battles! Is anyone free right now for battles? I am available the next five hours!

Well, I just made it to the penultimate rank for team North Pole, gonna leave it there though as it's still taking ages for me to find games, and connection errors keep happening way too often. :blank:

What time does Splatfest go on until? I've been away all weekend, so haven't even tried the new update yet.

Will probably be on this evening, got football to watch this afternoon!

What time does Splatfest go on until? I've been away all weekend, so haven't even tried the new update yet.

Will probably be on this evening, got football to watch this afternoon!

Until 6pm I think.

Really taking its time to fine teams ATM. Managed 2 matches in the last 20-30 mins -.-

I got to 83/99 then the Mrs was finally ready to go out. Noooooo :p

Had fun getting there this time though, no grinding. The Splatling is amazing :D

I think I'm growing to hate splatfests more and more each time. Matchmaking this time round is just painfully slow - not enjoyable at all.

Played Splatfest for an hour, had my fill... ::shrug:

Nothing wrong with the game, I just sometimes have to feel in the mood to play it, Splatfests just makes me feel obligated to play, they are fine though, it's nice that they go to the effort of putting them on but I just don't feel compelled to keep playing for ages when I've other games to play. : peace:

Gotten to champion and probs gonna give up. What a bloody mission. Don't think its me so maybe there just wasn't enough south pole opposition voters or they really need to put some lore resource into their online infrastructure for this.

I had to give up on this splatfest, constant disconnections and and incredibly one sided matches due to people getting dropped / disconnected midway through a game, meant it wasn't much fun for me this time.

Yeah this Splatfest was awful... still, at least I picked South Pole.

I had literally no problems with match-making or connection.

You North Pole players best be careful. All that salt could melt your ice caps.

pJ5d6JH.gif

Good work South Pole - a close match!

Popularity: N: 52%, S: 48%

Wins: N:48%, S: 52%

Thanks to the heavier weighting for wins, that means the South are victorious! I'm not taking any of the credit for this one, though - I lost way more matches than I won this time..

The South Pole would have still won with the older score system.

First time on the losing side, but this splatfest was the most fun for me. The others felt like an absolute grind.

I had no problem finding games (I was a north voter)

At one point we had the same team of 4 for ages. It was a joy. We all knew our roles and functioned very well, usually pinning the opponents in their base.

I'd like to get some squad battles going with people from here soon.

--------------

I DMZ'd my Wii U after the issues I had on Thursday and haven't seen any error messages, disconnects or even lag since.

Don't know if anyone else has tried this?

I don't think there will be security issues with a console from doing this, although I'm no expert.

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

I DMZ'd my Wii U after the issues I had on Thursday and haven't seen any error messages, disconnects or even lag since.

Don't know if anyone else has tried this?

I don't think there will be security issues with a console from doing this, although I'm no expert.

I'm going to give this a try. Normally, standard games are fine for me, its just Splatfests that have any issues. Which is odd when Splatfests are basically region locked matches. :wtf:

I'm going to give this a try. Normally, standard games are fine for me, its just Splatfests that have any issues. Which is odd when Splatfests are basically region locked matches. :wtf:

Yeah I can't see why it'd be any different but I guess no harm in trying it next time. I'm surprised by the closeness of the results - definitely won a lot more matches than lost for North Pole myself! Sadly I don't think I managed at all to stay with the same team between matches due to all the connection issues.

I think the option was there.

Is Tuesday Splatoon on this week? I'll be on (tomorrow) from 18:30 ish regardless.