NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Also, it looks like the UK didn't survive the flooding.

isn't the UK moving over to the North West? so maybe it's now part of that canada-esque blob...

I'm finding this one a bit tricky.

The south pole is colder.

Has penguins.

The North pole is marginally warmer (perhaps slightly less cold is more appropriate) but has hungry polar bears.

Both have orcas.. although taking a swim probably wouldn't be on many peoples to do list. Although I understand there is some awesome wildlife in the water, particularly in the south pole.

I don't know how I would decide... I guess if someone told me I absolutely HAD to visit one it would probably be the south pole, simply because there is a building there so I could stay there rather than go to the south pole in a tent hoping a polar bear wasn't going to make an unwelcome visit.

So I suppose that makes me south pole.

Well there's the clincher.

This is certainly a polarising Splatfest

UGH. Another disappointing choice for us while the Americans get Marshmallows or Hotdogs, we get this. I've never been to either and don't really have anything personal to judge them on, so how do I make a choice.

I'll probably just pick one randomly.

UGH. Another disappointing choice for us while the Americans get Marshmallows or Hotdogs, we get this. I've never been to either and don't really have anything personal to judge them on, so how do I make a choice.

I'll probably just pick one randomly.

Think Polar Bears or Penguins then

The American is probably worse, just two completely unrelated food. Burgers Vs Hot Dogs would have been much better.

South Pole for me. Dem Penguins rule. I'm probably moving next weekend tho, so I doubt I'll be able to play.

Be great if this new Splatfest had teams.

Edited by Guy

It might be a good idea for us all to go south pole. If nothing else it helps with the popularity side.. and I think most of us on here are pretty good at splatoon...

Also I think most people will go for cute penguins rather than ferocious polar bears? who knows.

Gotta side with the penguins! :)

The American is probably worse, just two completely unrelated food. Burgers Vs Hot Dogs would have been much better.

Uh... what? How on earth are they unrelated?

Greetings from the great outdoors! As soon as Camp Triggerfish was discovered, we just knew that we needed to take a Squid Research Lab company camping trip. We’ve all been in agreement about how great camping is, but have run into one little problem: we can’t seem to decide what to roast over the campfire.

Intern Milton is all like, “HOT DOGS!” and Intern Stephenie all like, “MARSHMALLOWS.” We only have so many pointy sticks to use to roast things so we’re going to need to come to an agreement on this. We’ve decided to let the next Splatfest decide for us!

Um...North Pole because like Santa, bitches?

At least that's how I voted. Expected it to be more popular. At a wedding Saturday so maybe only get a couple hours in on Sunday if that, gonna hope the vote's the winner this time! #playingthegame

So the next Splatfest is next weekend then?

If so I may well join in, still liking the game but I've been taking a break from it of late as I have just so much to play and review, which is a good thing. :)

I've been using the motion controls today and still cannot fathom why you can't use them along with full analogue control... it'd make it so much better!

It just bemuses me how Nintendo have missed out on making this game brilliant.

Okay. So are we having a big game this Thursday with the new update? 8 of us. Skype. Private matches. Anyone I've played with before up for it? @david\.dakota @Hero\-of\-Time @Mr\-Paul , people I've not played with @kav82 @S\.C\.G @BowserBasher ANYONE?

And Tuesday night splatoon? Regular thing?

I'm not going to be around for the next few days.. hopefully I'll be around for splatoon on Thursday though.

I wonder if the friends mode will work during splatfest...

Tuesdays shouldn't be an issue for me, hopefully it'll catch on.

Thursday I might not be on until layer in the night, but deffo would like to get involved.

I've been using the motion controls today and still cannot fathom why you can't use them along with full analogue control... it'd make it so much better!

It just bemuses me how Nintendo have missed out on making this game brilliant.

Irks me too, but I've gotten used to having what we've got now.

Okay. So are we having a big game this Thursday with the new update? 8 of us. Skype. Private matches. Anyone I've played with before up for it? ANYONE?

And Tuesday night splatoon? Regular thing?

Thursday is kinda my only real free eve this week so...yup! What time does the update hit us? I might not be on too long/too late, as I've gotta go to a meeting first thing Friday morning; but if the updates early I can rejig work Thursday to get cracking by late afternoon if other folks are about?

Awesome. Don't think it's going to be too difficult to get 8 of us. I presumed the update would hit with eshop stuff, but actually I think it's Wednesday for us so I'd imagine it'll be the same as the weapons. So 3am. I have a stag do Friday. Up at 5 :(

Awesome. Don't think it's going to be too difficult to get 8 of us. I presumed the update would hit with eshop stuff, but actually I think it's Wednesday for us so I'd imagine it'll be the same as the weapons. So 3am. I have a stag do Friday. Up at 5 :(

So wait what you saying...the update won't be with us until late on Thursday or we'll be good from literally morning on Thursday? At least if you're up at 5 Friday I don't feel so bad about bailing for my meeting!

Unless you totes show me up by staying later that is.

So wait what you saying...the update won't be with us until late on Thursday or we'll be good from literally morning on Thursday? At least if you're up at 5 Friday I don't feel so bad about bailing for my meeting!

Unless you totes show me up by staying later that is.

As in 3am Thursday so there when we wake up.

And I'll blatantly show you up, I have splatoon addiction problems....

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html

Patch notes. Stolen from GAF

Squad Battle

- go read the tumblr for the deets http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Private Battle

- go read the tumblr for the deets http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Level Changes

- Level cap has been increased to LV50.

-- At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.

Ranked Battle Changes

- S and S+ ranks have been added.

-- you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Battle (not Squad Battles).

-- you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.

- Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Battle.

- If your rank changes while playing in Ranked Battle, you will automatically be returned to the lobby.

New Gear

- New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.

New BGM

- New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.

Splatfest changes

- At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.

Stage updates

- Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.

- Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.

- Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.

- Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

- Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

Special Weapon updates

- Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.

- Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.

- Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.

※Numbers reflect rates before Special Charge Up is applied.

Subweapon updates

- Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.

Gear updates

- Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.

- Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.

Battle SFX updates

- Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.

- Made it easier to hear SFX from certain long-range attacks.

Etc.

- Other quality of life updates.

I think Thursday shouldn't be a problem but I'll let you know as we get closer to the day.

So Squad Battle is as follows...

Squad Battle is one of the new multiplayer modes being added in Splatoon’s August update. From what we hear, it’ll allow friends to play together in Ranked Battles, like they’ve been doing so far with in Regular Battles. Form a squad of two or four players, and get into the action!

Does that mean you can't create a Squad and play Turf Wars then? Looks it...

Nintendo just can't seem to get it right can they?!

Edited by Kav