NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Splatoon gets extra points for daring to do something completely different in an industry obsessed with gritty military shooters.

I think you're the only one obsesses with gritty military shooters.

Does make you want to ask though - how good could it be if they got it right!! Or righter at least. More right? Better?

One thing it's definitely done - got me playing. I imagine I'm past 80-90 hours on it now, which is a bit mental to think about really.

Absolutely, but it's still more fun than most things, it's still as unique a game as most things, it's still refreshing to see so much regular free content, for what it is, it's amazing, and it was a budget price. Yes it can get better, and I can't wait to see it develop, but surely your 80-90 hours shows how good it is!!

Splatoon gets extra points for daring to do something completely different in an industry obsessed with gritty military shooters.

I think I saw a bit of grit at bluefin depot.

Really as I see it this is a military thing, you are a lone agent infiltrating the terrorist strongholds to foil their plot to plunge your city into chaos by targetting the power infrastructure.

This is the thing. It's fun but in my opinion nowhere near as fun as it should be. It's fresh, that's definitely certain, but I couldn't say it's anywhere near as much fun as some other multiplayer games I've played... CoD, Battlefront and Battlefield (Battlefield especially) are much more fun for me and why I couldn't possibly see Splatoon as a defining game... it just does way too much wrong.

Granted it is opinion and I do still enjoy Splatoon.

Agreed.

I can appreciate how fresh the game is but I can't ignore the things it does wrong. I haven't touched it in weeks due to all the annoying niggles adding up to one big annoying mess. I'm still hoping the August update does something to address the issues but I'm not hopeful.

As it stands, the game fails to hold me. I ran out of stuff to do on it ages ago. It simply lacks the social features and the variety of game modes and maps that other online games have. I could sit and play Gears, CoD ( older ones at least ) and Halo for months on end without ever questioning the amount of content or features but with this it just wasn't the case.

The potential is there for a truly amazing game but at the moment it's simply a passing experience for me.

New trailer. Shows a few new stages and a new weapon which is a bucket..

Loving the trailer. Plenty of cool new stuff taking place - can we expect a Direct soon for all this stuff, or maybe just our own trailer for Europe?

Loving the trailer. Plenty of cool new stuff taking place - can we expect a Direct soon for all this stuff, or maybe just our own trailer for Europe?

I'd say a Splatoon Direct in the next couple of weeks is quite likely.

Oh wow! I never even noticed this!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172163669&postcount=9527

Apparantly the Splatfest polls questions actually come from the (now shut down) Everybody Votes Channel!

wii-everybody-votes-chckbx.png

The Eating VS Sleeping one was also one of the first global polls ever held by the EVC as well. So it seems that Nintendo are re-using the old polls that were originally used back in the day!

Everybody Votes lives on! :D (Maybe there's a chance that I might get to see the answer to my Father Ted Dreams vs Reality and Small vs Far Away questions after all :yay: )

Edited by Dcubed

mm.. is there a site that documents the winning votes? :P Just thinking, if we all vote for the most popular answer it'll bump our sea snails that little bit more!

I played the camp triggerfish once so far, it was a fun level, but I can't get back in to have a second try : /

I actually see the wisdom in drip feeding maps, I get that fresh feeling when playing on unfamiliar terrain. I'm even sort of used to the 2 map rotation (although I do feel there are enough maps to justify 3 maps at this stage). I think it's just a case of accepting the game as it is without over doing it.

Just played the triggerfish level again, the map is good, offers somethign really different to the others again

New trailer. Shows a few new stages and a new weapon which is a bucket..

I think I saw 2, o 3 new weapons, or am I wrong?

Some of the Japanese Splatfest teams are actually branded products, right? The newest Splatfest has a milky Ink colour for the milk tea team. Hope they eventually do a Mario vs Luigi Splatfest with Mario/Luigi hats instead of the typical t-shirts, would be so rad.

Some of the Japanese Splatfest teams are actually branded products, right? The newest Splatfest has a milky Ink colour for the milk tea team. Hope they eventually do a Mario vs Luigi Splatfest with Mario/Luigi hats instead of the typical t-shirts, would be so rad.

yeah, i jsut saw some screenshots taken by someone with a japanese copy of the game. kinda cool that they did this:

0qEHR8f.png

OSs3i6S.png

posted by Totakeke on neogaf

Always hate it when you have the roller, are making a path and a douchebag on your team comes up and follows you, shooting ahead of you taking all the points -_-

There needs to be a "screw off" option in the D-Pad communication. It's not like there's one bloody path to follow.

Edited by Serebii

Always hate it when you have the roller, are making a path and a douchebag on your team comes up and follows you, shooting ahead of you taking all the points -_-

There needs to be a "screw off" option in the D-Pad communication. It's not like there's one bloody path to follow.

Mean while the "douchebag" is hating how he is laying a path and some cock of a roller has decided to walk along his path, stopping him from getting up front to hold the opposing team up close to their base ;)

It's probably not too dissimilar to the way cyclists and drivers tend to look on each other. If you allow the gunner past and he sticks by you like a fly... maybe he's providing support to you - kinda like bombers have fighters. your ink is his ink Serebii ;)

Mean while the "douchebag" is hating how he is laying a path and some cock of a roller has decided to walk along his path, stopping him from getting up front to hold the opposing team up close to their base ;)

It's probably not too dissimilar to the way cyclists and drivers tend to look on each other. If you allow the gunner past and he sticks by you like a fly... maybe he's providing support to you - kinda like bombers have fighters. your ink is his ink Serebii ;)

He's behind me and I went down that path first so it's him at fault :p

I had the worst teammates today, they were just terrible and left so many places untouched. It's like they were going for the kills rather than covering it. I ended up getting ~1500 points because I was just filling all the gaps they left. It's ridiculous.

Then I ended up in a team against them, and won 85% to 15%.

There's no me in team, Serebii!

Reverse it and remove the a and the t :p

Splat Zones is a horrible mode and I wish it would get relegated off to its own ridiculous playlist so the superior Tower Control is always available.

Tower Control feels like individually you can make a difference and the objective requires way less communication. Splat Zones is just far too disorganised to work with four players who can barely communicate and will likely all enter the match with a poorly chosen assortment of weapons. Can only ever see Splat Zones being fun if you can join with three friends voice chatting on Skype or something.

Splat Zones is a horrible mode and I wish it would get relegated off to its own ridiculous playlist so the superior Tower Control is always available.

Splat Zones is my favourite way to play Splatoon. Different strokes. Personally, I'm not a fan of Tower Control at all.

I so hope they sort it out so that you can choose what game mode you want to play and let you play with friends in each he the August update rolls around.

I quite like both Splatzones and Tower Control but it's annoying how you can't choose between the two when choosing to play ranked.

Tower Control feels like individually you can make a difference and the objective requires way less communication. Splat Zones is just far too disorganised to work with four players who can barely communicate and will likely all enter the match with a poorly chosen assortment of weapons. Can only ever see Splat Zones being fun if you can join with three friends voice chatting on Skype or something.

WHAT? Splat zones is absolutely incredible. Personally I love all the modes, but if none of my friends are playing I'll always play ranked now for the new modes. Can't wait to see what the new mode is like.

This August update can't come ssoon enough though. Don't gimp it Nintendo!

I so hope they sort it out so that you can choose what game mode you want to play and let you play with friends in each he the August update rolls around.

I quite like both Splatzones and Tower Control but it's annoying how you can't choose between the two when choosing to play ranked.

I personally prefer TC and don't play Splat Zones much(more likely to go for turf wars instead) - but the fact they're on the 4 hour rotation too is annoying - too large a window to not be able to play something for me, especially as Splatoon can be good in little bursts.

I agree with @Rummy. Tower Control is far more fun than Splat Zones.

Hoping the update next month will provide choices while playing with friends