NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I wonder, if you don't join the Splatfest can you play as normal or are you forced to play the Splatfest..?

Ideally I'd not want to play because it's crap at how much you're restricted by the game. Unless they change the makeup of Splatfests as a whole I'd rather they didn't do them.

Didn't you play last time? Then you'll know splatfests is all you can do unfortunately. I love it. And also the sea snails are great, love powering up all gear! Does that not interest you?

I've chosen team sleep. :hehe: No doubt the losing team, but what can I say, I genuienly do prefer sleeping to eating. :laughing:

Will probably/hopefully make it to max rank this time too though, which still gets you a pretty decent 18 Sea Snails.

Really hope they keep up this pace with Splatfests! :yay:

I don't know what to choose. I have a little daughter, so for the past 2 years I almost didn't sleep at all, so sleeping should be the obvious choice.

On the other side it is ramadan, the days are long, so eating is what I miss now.

Hard, hard choice for me :D.

So USA gets Roller Coasters vs Water Slides and we get Eating vs Sleeping. :shakehead

They get the choice between two different theme park rides that everyone either likes or doesn't and we get two choices that we all have to do to stay alive. Come on Nintendo, at least give us something better than this.

Also, if someone is famous for eating and than not exercising (sleeping) are Americans, so they should have got it :D.

So USA gets Roller Coasters vs Water Slides and we get Eating vs Sleeping. :shakehead

They get the choice between two different theme park rides that everyone either likes or doesn't and we get two choices that we all have to do to stay alive. Come on Nintendo, at least give us something better than this.

I'd argue that our choices are best haha

I've chosen team sleep. :hehe: No doubt the losing team, but what can I say, I genuienly do prefer sleeping to eating. :laughing:

Will probably/hopefully make it to max rank this time too though, which still gets you a pretty decent 18 Sea Snails.

Really hope they keep up this pace with Splatfests! :yay:

I think I'm gonna go for sleeping too - actually thinking it might get the bigger split this time round too. You can take my food, but you can never take my slumber!!

Was gonna go out next saturday if I'm not sposed to already, but I think whatever I end up doing I'll cut short to come back and get a decent playtime on the Splatfest as I think I'm working Sunday again so need to max out what I can - they should have maybe a 24 hour exclusive period and then 12-24 hours either side as optional.

Yep. No Splatfest results. Just the stages and the new weapons. Hopefully it's a one off bug and won't happen to me every splatfest!

Sadly I fear not. May be best to try and check in quickly after the next one to be safe!

Edited by Rummy

Didn't you play last time? Then you'll know splatfests is all you can do unfortunately. I love it. And also the sea snails are great, love powering up all gear! Does that not interest you?

Yeah I played the last one, but I chose before it started so I wasn't sure if you could just not pick a side and then still pick the other game modes and game with friends normally.

I'm not fussed about the sea snails. I've got the majority of gear I want, there's not much more I'd get so I don't feel I need anymore. Also, you can just use money anyway.

I just hate how restrictive the game becomes when the Splatfest is on. Can only play the one game mode and you can't play with friends... it's shit.

I didn't think to check, but no single playter?

I'm not sure but I've already done it. It's not good enough for me to run through again.

Yeah of course you can play single player, but no, online is splatfest only. I don't mind it so much, but to not be able to join friends) as long as they chose the same as you) is another silly over sight.

The new map is staggeringly good by the way, and again, completely different to everything else. Still think this game is absolutely unreal, easily my game of the year. I just hope it becomes everything it can be!

Yeah I love this new map, I find it harder to call the winning team too, but perhaps that's just me!

Yeah of course you can play single player, but no, online is splatfest only. I don't mind it so much, but to not be able to join friends) as long as they chose the same as you) is another silly over sight.

The new map is staggeringly good by the way, and again, completely different to everything else. Still think this game is absolutely unreal, easily my game of the year. I just hope it becomes everything it can be!

I don't think it's a "massive oversight". I think it's intentional to block friend play in order to make it as fair a competition as possible. Just like Ranked

I've joined team EAT :D

The new map is fun, I've had a few battles where the enemy has the height advantage.. then up the wall i go to rain death from above :D

There's some good sniping spots too, I had a Jap terrorising me earlier. Bluddy crack shot i tell you.

I don't think it's a "massive oversight". I think it's intentional to block friend play in order to make it as fair a competition as possible. Just like Ranked

You cannot "quote" something that isn't quoted. First and last warning - that's baiting.

You cannot "quote" something that isn't quoted. First and last warning - that's baiting.

I reckon I may dip back into Splatoon tomorrow evening after work as I have a real urge to get back into it and try out the new map. I also never had the chance to take part in the previous Splatfest so I'd like to see what this one is like :heh:

As much as I enjoy my sleep, it's got to be TEAM EAT :yay:

I've joined team sleep, but I don't think I will be able to play at all. Hope to get few hours at least.

Played pretty much 7 hours of this yesterday. Wonders of voice chat! Do kinda hate both the crappy random and how much they mack out a new stage after release - especially annoying on a weekend when you're likely to have the most time to play!

New stage is interesting. Great for rollers(and the occasional annoying sniper), but a nice few bits for gun support too. Did try and Inkbrush but just wasn't doing well with it - maybe just me though as I saw one guy with a very good Inkbrush game(damn you FalconHero!). Not too shabby a stage in TC either(did try a Splat Zones, there's two areas, but got beaten). I'm finding the players in TC are getting better - much less of the quick wins for me and actual full-timed matches instead; taking some off the edge of for me.

One thing I can say for sure, after having done it twice now, is don't play Splatoon drunk... it's really bad for doing well! Haha

I put together a short video of some Splats I made earlier today. I really love the Inkzoopa

One thing I can say for sure, after having done it twice now, is don't play Splatoon drunk... it's really bad for doing well! Haha

You're not drinking or not Splatooning hard enough - besides which there's surely no other way to play!!

Can someone please tell me how I get these sea snail shells from the the bloody splat fest, I maxed out the bar and don't seem to have anything!

Can someone please tell me how I get these sea snail shells from the the bloody splat fest, I maxed out the bar and don't seem to have anything!

It seems that you can't get them if you didn't check within a certain amount of time.

Oh boy you're about to go into a rage...

You have to collect them within the first 5 days or it's too late!!