NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

This map looks like it should be easier to defend, should either be super frustrating to attack or really fun. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter.

Every time I think I'm gonna walk away...they add something new! I think I'm getting an hour or two out of this a day(probably closer to 3 really). Still not rocking my inkbrush. STILL annoyed at twatty people's absolute ignorance of using my beacons to jump to in Ranked Battles. Not doing so well in Tower Control last night - dunno if everyone's upping their game, I'm with shit people, or I'm just getting shitter. What's actually quite nice is I played 2 or 3 games with a 3 man team - not quite as devastating in TC(still a disadvantage, but a good team can win on timeout it seems). Had my favourite moment of a game so far with the Sploosho - all 4 of the opposing team were foolishly on the tower...all 4 of them foolish felt death from below! Didn't get too much lag last night.

Not sure why the shop has to be so cack in its rotation of items - it'd be nice if it specifically stocks stuff that you don't have so you can buy it now - many people are obvs rocking the cash for it. Either they want people to go to Spike or....welll I can't think of an or. Btw are all 3-slot items in the shops default 3-slot items for all? Would the base ability always be the same? Are both random for everyone?

Looking forward to that new level.

I am frustrated by the shop as well. All of the four slot stuff has powers I don't want and the powers I do want are on the 1 slot stuff!

Looking forward to that new level.

I am frustrated by the shop as well. All of the four slot stuff has powers I don't want and the powers I do want are on the 1 slot stuff!

You can use sea snails to increase the slots.

:) Yeah I know but they seem precious somehow?

Only got a few being on the losing side on the splatfest.

USA seems to be getting another Splatfest next weekend - Rollercoasters vs Waterslides. Wonder what crappy teams we'll have to choose from for our next one. Grass vs Pavement maybe, or Politicians vs Wasps.

:) Yeah I know but they seem precious somehow?

Only got a few being on the losing side on the splatfest.

Mack out on TC/ranked and get 30ks from there? Winning a TC match was netting me like 2.5k - which is excellent for the ones that are under a minute! The hefty rewards for winning vs the zero for losing really keep me hooked on that. At least until I feel I've got too much money or the matches start dragging anyway. Having said that I've still yet to pay/use Spike for anything.

Played some Tower Control last night and Splat Zones this morning ended up B- 90 before I had to quit for work.

The B ranks lobbies are much better to play in than the Cs. Those useless few that ruin games don't exist and the variety of weapons is much wider.

People understand beacons, and actually function as part of a team :o

I hope they remove the rotations during the August update. Not too fussed with rotating the stages, but not being able to pick the mode you want to play is annoying.

Mack out on TC/ranked and get 30ks from there? Winning a TC match was netting me like 2.5k

I got about 70,000 in around 2hrs maybe 2.5, and levelled 5 bits of gear :D

Ranked is great for accumulating and it's been a pretty fun replacement to turf wars while I haven't been able to get on at a reasonable time.

Having said that I've still yet to pay/use Spike for anything.

I haven't either. I wanna sort out what abilities I actually want first. I've got 16 sea snails to use as well.

STILL annoyed at twatty people's absolute ignorance of using my beacons to jump to in Ranked Battles.

What is this? You can jump to the beacons?

I actually have no idea how the beacons and such work....

If you're serious (can't tell :p).. they appear on your gamepad screen. Just tap the icon to jump to it.

I prefer to us squids unless none of my team are near the frontline/obv. about to be splatted. So I rarely use beacons, as they seem to die after one use

The game really should have had a tutorial based on the online mode that forces the player to use all the sub-weapons at least once so everyone understands how the beacons, echolocator and such works >_<'

---

Looking forward to the new map. I'm guessing snipers will (for once?) be really effective on this one.

If you're serious (can't tell :p).. they appear on your gamepad screen. Just tap the icon to jump to it.

I was being deadly serious, I never knew you could do this :)

I just presumed it only applied to the person who owned them.

Just logged on for the first time since Saturday, it didn't give me any sea snails. This happened to anyone else? Pretty bummed out that I put in enough time to get to the second highest rank with no reward.

Online now if anyone is about :)

Just logged on for the first time since Saturday, it didn't give me any sea snails. This happened to anyone else? Pretty bummed out that I put in enough time to get to the second highest rank with no reward.
Damn. So there's a time limit to claim those!? :shakehead That's not cool.

Damn. So there's a time limit to claim those!? :shakehead That's not cool.

I went in yesterday and claimed mine. So unless the cut off was today.

yeah.. I'd be annoyed if I hadn't gotten mine.. worth about 720,000 right?

I was wanting to save up my sea snails, apparently it's not an option if you plan on upgrading equipment :(

What is this? You can jump to the beacons?

I actually have no idea how the beacons and such work....

I just presumed it only applied to the person who owned them.

tumblr_ma61fx67lY1rg0lgoo1_500.gif

Online now if anyone is about :)

That is mega shit! Did it not announce the results or anything either? Like...just acted like normal, as it were?

That is mega shit! Did it not announce the results or anything either? Like...just acted like normal, as it were?

Yep. No Splatfest results. Just the stages and the new weapons. Hopefully it's a one off bug and won't happen to me every splatfest!

The next Splatfest will take place on 18th July at 18:00 UK time.

This time the choice is Eating or Sleeping.

CJoAkC2WUAA2_Gf.jpg

New Splatfest details are out! This one is Eating vs Sleeping. :heh:

Starts next Saturday. :)

*EDIT*

Dat Serebii speed. :D

Eating... no contest!

Although finding 'Sleeping' opponents when I play at midnight might be tricky!

I wonder, if you don't join the Splatfest can you play as normal or are you forced to play the Splatfest..?

Ideally I'd not want to play because it's crap at how much you're restricted by the game. Unless they change the makeup of Splatfests as a whole I'd rather they didn't do them.