NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I know we get Sea Snails but how many? Is it for just the winning team? Will we get more for having a higher rank? I think the winning team gets one, that's incredibly stingy. I'm aiming for the top rank. I hope it's worth the effort.

winners: 4,6,10,16,24

losers: 2,3,5,10,18

On target for 10 or 16 at the moment, 16 away from 18/24

MlWA77wn6CcpudCdum

I finally got reached Eternal Pop Boy. Thank God, I found it a chore by the end grinding out points. Can't say I'm looking forward to the next Splatfest.

What? That's how many you get? Seems a bit too generous for my liking. Especially the losers.

sea snails are currency to get spike to do stuff for you. each worth 30k effectively. (get gear/increase slots/reroll skills)

I think the losers fair enough, like Wii, he only got 2 points most matches, he needed to complete 92 matches - 276 minutes, 4 and a half hours to obtain eternal status. 15 minutes per snail.

Compared to me who only needed to play 37 matches, just 111 minutes or 1 hour 50 minutes or so. 4 minutes per snail.

Besides, it was mostly luck if you choose the "right" team, I think the pop players would say they've been punished enough!

so %'s wise, what % do people think chose each team?

I'd guess about 65 vs 35% in rocks favour (on the basis 2/3 of my matches seem to have been against fellow rock teams)

And... probably 55-45% on the wins % again in Rocks favour... presuming some of the pop teams are competent!

Edited by Pestneb

OK, thx, sounds good :)

I am playing the last 3 hours and will have to continue till the end, as I didn't play at all before.

What is the maximum level you can get, is it the one which ends at 99?

OK, thx, sounds good :)

I am playing the last 3 hours and will have to continue till the end, as I didn't play at all before.

What is the maximum level you can get, is it the one which ends at 99?

Yeah, that will be it, that's where I stopped too. Hope you're in team rock, it's going to be tough to get the points to be eternal if you are in team pop!

Yes, I am in team rock and now am on 42/99, so it should be OK, I hope.

43 points into Charismatic and an hour left. Not gonna be able to make it.

Edited by Guy

I'm here to drink my milk and splat some Pop noobs.

G6EAsmTh.jpg

And I've just finished my milk.

43 points into Charismatic and an hour left. Not gonna be able to make it.

If you had won most of your games it should have been possible... how did you do?

And that's a splat! Fun idea, probably could do with a few more adjustments and of course team choices that aren't so one-sided. I'd like to see Mario vs Luigi sometime actually...

If you had won most of your games it should have been possible... how did you do?

It was going great, but then I got dropped out of several games midway (of course they were all going really well) and other times it just sat on matchmaking for ages, so no sale. Also lost a good few as well, haha.

Made it to 81 - not bad really, I'll be sure to use whatever Sea Snails I'm given well!

The sea snails are still a lottery like when they normally unlock. You don't get to choose what ability you'd like. I think they may be best for an item that has a main perk that isn't available on regular 3 slotted items.

As expected, Rock battered Pop.

MlWA77wqctgvBVo0LU

As expected, Rock battered Pop.

MlWA77wqctgvBVo0LU

I'd guess about 65 vs 35% in rocks favour (on the basis 2/3 of my matches seem to have been against fellow rock teams)

And... probably 55-45% on the wins % again in Rocks favour... presuming some of the pop teams are competent!

53/47 for wins isn't too bad either. So a double win for team Rock :yay:

Woops! Sorry I got it wrong.

MlWA77wqh1kM6gzC2F

Closer than I thought.

So overall, maybe not that close. The Pop voters were most likely younger and inexperienced.

MlWA77wql8gZ4D5CVE

I used a see snails and got lucky :), also I finally finished single player 100% (had to collect 4 more scrolls).

I had several more "1 vs 4 " matches during Splatfest. It was was funny the first time, but after it happened the 5th time it just got annoying.

CJLS_AKWEAE7sBi.jpg

A great deal of the games I played had really bad lag, which i thought wouldn't be a problem during this event since you should be playing against players in the same region.

mm.. I must say, I noticed very little in the way of lag during the splatfest

mm.. I must say, I noticed very little in the way of lag during the splatfest

its odd because as soon as the Splatfest ended, I played a few more normal games and there was no lag at all

The matchmaking is not fair. The last match I(level 20) was in a team of level 17, 12 and 7. I was the top scoring member, the only one with more kills than deaths and the level 7 player was 0/9. And we were up against four level 20 players. You just know before some matches that you're not going to win and I'm constantly leaving the lobby to get rid of these players on my team.

Well when you first join a game I've experienced it tries to balance out the levels. After hitting 20 I'm usually dropped right in to games with only lvl. 20 players. The imbalance I believe starts happening when friends join each others games. For example a friend of mine came over with his Wii to play "LAN" the day he got Splatoon. I was already at lvl. 15 and I could easily join his Lvl. 1 game which made life hard for all the other newbies. But after a round or two of continuing, the game had found one more lvl. 20 player and we were never on the same team.

But yeah. I have encountered totally messed up matchmakings as well. Buuuut then again, Splatoon really doesn't depend that much on what level the players are. It's just an indicatior of how much experience that player actually has playing. The only unbalancing factor imo. is the fact that not all players have access to the same gear due to level limitations.

I'm here to drink my milk and splat some Pop noobs.

G6EAsmTh.jpg](image)

And I've just finished my milk.

Oh yeah?!

---

By the way. I just checked out the mini-games and I noticed in Squid Beatz I don't have songs 20, 21 and 22 unlocked. Anyone have these? Where are they from? I'm guessing there's something in the game I haven't done yet even though I'm pretty sure I've done absolutely everything (level up to 20 and completed all SP missions + almost all Amiibo missions (missing 2 limited ink levels and 2 bosses on the Squid Amiibo)) :wtf:

---

Also how does the whole Splatfest Sea Snail thing work? I got 4 of them as a member of team Rock and I don't think I played _that_ much Ranked? How is it all calculated? How many did members of Team Pop receive? *Confused*

Edited by Adrian DX

Also how does the whole Splatfest Sea Snail thing work? I got 4 of them as a member of team Rock and I don't think I played _that_ much Ranked? How is it all calculated? How many did members of Team Pop receive? *Confused*

winners: 4,6,10,16,24

losers: 2,3,5,10,18

On target for 10 or 16 at the moment, 16 away from 18/24

So just voting for the right team secures 4 snails.

I maxed out my meter but haven't logged back in since, how do I claim my sea shells?

I really enjoyed Splatfest, but again it could have been better. Why can't I play the Splatfest with my friends?

It's made me more excited for the August update though, really hope they do some good stuff with that one...

Splatfest was a nice idea, and I liked the night-ness and different feel of the stages - but it was way too short for me. I haven't fired back up since yesterday shortly after it ended(so not had results yet) - but I was playing right up til 6 and there was no chance of me getting past Charismatic I think it was? Was like 24/50 or something. Would have been nice if they added more bonus tiers(ie the 2 points for scoring 400p, maybe 4 for 800, 6 for 1200 etc). I think a 48-72hr Friday-Sunday/Monday window would be much better if there was some added daily stage rotation.

I maxed out my meter but haven't logged back in since, how do I claim my sea shells?
You get them when you land in the plaza:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
Splatfest was a nice idea, and I liked the night-ness and different feel of the stages
Yeah, I love the way this game looks at night. The way the ink glows slightly is beautiful. :love:

Hope we won't have to wait too long for the next Splatfest.

Yeah, I love the way this game looks at night. The way the ink glows slightly is beautiful. :love:

Hope we won't have to wait too long for the next Splatfest.

I also loved the fixed colours - especially as the cyan is one of my favourite inks to have in the game! Also felt we weren't doing too terribly when I played yesterday despite some of the previously shameful Pop showings(I barely recall saturday night's games, but I recall not doing great generally) - just a shame it didn't all translate to the end!

Another alternative would be to have SplatFest on its own option/dealie and have it run for longer - so that people can opt out and in as it were, and people can then also still just play regular turf wars with friends(gives an option to put even more stages in current rotation too).

I know someone mentioned earlier - I'd really love if they did a Mario vs Luigi splatfest with red and green inks! What else do people reckon might come up for future ones?