NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Rock vs Rock only the winners count towards splat fest then? so it's a guaranteed +1 for team rock?

So I guess they just tally up the number of wins then? I remember reading about it but can't find info since

I'm assuming that's how it'll work. If it is, then Pop is screwed, as at least half of the matches I played tonight were Rock vs Rock teams. :hehe:

what's the highest rank? Not going to be able to play this tomorrow.. got upto charismatic, do I get more if I fill 99 points to get to the next rank?
Eternal is the highest rank, and yeah you reach it after the 99 points on Charismatic...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
A few matches
Cool, I see you sorted the quality. :)

Was it the bitrate?

@RedShell, yea. Upped it from the default of 1000kbps to the maximum of 3500kbps (for Twitch).

Also, you can speak to Judd again to get more money if your freshness goes up.

Rock has this Splatfest in the bag. I'm constantly over the 1,000 points in a match but getting crucified by useless teammates. There was one match earlier where 3 of us beat 4 of them which at least was satisfying as we came from nowhere to win at the last second.

Team Pop and proud here! Only managed to get in five matches today but won all but one. I'm loving the change of asthmatic the Splatfests bring, too.

There was a Splatoon ad in the movies (went to see the new Terminator, ugh) , which means at least Nintendo is trying to market it. This is the first Nintendo ad I've seen in maybe even years? I really can't remember anything, even for pokémon.

I literally came across a teammate crawling in squid form on dry land. He's up to level 8 somehow and got 1 kill in the match along with a handful of deaths. And we still won despite him. Cost us in the very next match(0 kills) so I was out of there.

Edited by Wii

I am so drunk right now but I playing!

That's the spirit or beer.

That's the spirit or beer.

I've just had a match, me vs 4... yeah, that's fair! So I thought sod it, I'll stay on the spawn point. Sure, I lost, but my K/D was 9 for 0. Haha... granted I was invincible.

I've just had a match, me vs 4... yeah, that's fair! So I thought sod it, I'll stay on the spawn point. Sure, I lost, but my K/D was 9 for 0. Haha... granted I was invincible.

just came here to post the same thing, Its actually happened to me twice tonight lol

And I thought it was unfair and unusual where my team of 4 played against a team of 3 in one match.

Edited by Wii

Just had 2 matches, 4 of us against 1 of them. I took pity on the second occasion and let my nephew take my place...

the guy had inkstrike so sporadically dropped them far back in the field, so I instructed my nephew to pull back and paint it up :D

It's really not fair though, 4v3 is a given result.. 1 v 4 they may as well forgo the match and declare the result!

I can't believe they're not changing the stages for the Splatfest!!? :wtf:

I'm bored of the 3 already!! :(

The Splatfest is something I'll not bother with again. It's awfully done. I don't want anymore of them.

tbh I quite like it... but I think they should give you an option to play unranked battles and cut the 4 hourly news updates for the splatfest... just change the maps unannounced.

but as I said, I'm enjoying the splatfest, although once I hit eternal that'll be me done for the day.

Pop teams are looking more up to the job this morning...

I played for battles and soon will continue. It's OK, I mean I like it, but it's not different from other days and I just would like to know what do you get after all this....

Splatfest is fun, I played it for "just a few matches" and those few matches turned out to be an hour and a half or something like that. :heh:

Splatoon is now my default alternating game I play between everything else and I'm OK with that :) I previously hadn't been playing for a few days but now I'll be back little and often. :D

I think they're great! and the sea snails will be invaluable in getting your perfect gear!

Though this should just replace ranked mode, not all of it.

Edited by dazzybee

Would be nice if alongside the levels, the modes rotated too... Absolutely soldiering through to get all the Sea Snails I can though.

Don't you just get a sea snail for winning, or are there a few ways?

I know we get Sea Snails but how many? Is it for just the winning team? Will we get more for having a higher rank? I think the winning team gets one, that's incredibly stingy. I'm aiming for the top rank. I hope it's worth the effort.

Everyone earns from rank, but the winning team's members will get their rank Snails doubled at the end.

Also, Rock vs Rock won't count toward the team's victory points, so there's no real advantage there... unless of course less Pop players play, which is what seems to be happening.

Edited by Guy

The matchmaking is not fair. The last match I(level 20) was in a team of level 17, 12 and 7. I was the top scoring member, the only one with more kills than deaths and the level 7 player was 0/9. And we were up against four level 20 players. You just know before some matches that you're not going to win and I'm constantly leaving the lobby to get rid of these players on my team.