NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I'm not racist BUT.....

How annoying are Japanese players? They either make the games lag-tastic or they just jump around all the fucking time. Not fun playing with them. Can we have regional please Nintendo in the ever growing list of tweaks!

I f*cking detest the bunny rabbits in this game.

Isn't this the 'Halo tactic', I've seen it all the time on videos.

I'm also despising the controls more and more as well. It's like trying to steer a front loaded shopping trolley.

I'm also despising the controls more and more as well. It's like trying to steer a front loaded shopping trolley.

The silly mistake they made with the motion controls is not being able to move through the Y axis with the analogue too.

Ideally they should allow for customisable controls. If I could use full dual analogue as well as motion control for ever so slight refinements, that'd be perfect.

Isn't this the 'Halo tactic', I've seen it all the time on videos.

Yup. It's a valid tactic on shooters. A moving target is harder to hit.

The ones that lag across the screen are annoying.

The splat charger sorts out the jumpers as they're stuck in a jump while you line up a shot.

You're probably better off strafing and squiding than jumping.

Talking about lag, I set up an awesome Ink Mine revenge. I was Splatted but my assailant stood on my Ink Mine, it exploded and... he just wandered off!!! Made me annoyed... grrrr

Don't forget Splatfest starts at 6p.m. this evening. So in less than 10 minutes.

WiiU_Splatoon_050715_Splatfest_screen_04.jpg

So you can only play the Splatfest in multiplayer whilst it's running...

So you can only play the Splatfest in multiplayer whilst it's running...

Yep. Didn't realise it was like that but meh. Servers have crashed a couple of times on me so far. Right at the results on one of them.

Such a great idea. The plaza changes are great, the night time maps are good and I like the fixed gear so it is a level playing field for 24 hours. But Nintendo as always screw it up, can't play with friends. So myself and Kav are both team Rock, but can't play on the same team. Ridiculous.

Loving Splatfest! :yay:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Seriously, sooo good. :)

Seems like there are more people on Team Rock though, I've played quite a few matches now where it was taking so long to find a team for Pop, that it's ended up being Rock vs Rock! :heh:

Oh well, Win-Win I guess. :D

Rock vs Rock only the winners count towards splat fest then? so it's a guaranteed +1 for team rock?

So I guess they just tally up the number of wins then? I remember reading about it but can't find info since

http://www.twitch.tv/cube1701/

You can watch me Splatfest.

Edit: And I suddenly seem to be doing awful since posting this. I also seem to be encountering loads of broken Carbon Rollers.

Edited by Cube

For some reason the game just gave my team three players - no disconnects. It went through from the lobby with three of us. We put up a fight, but lost!

These splatfests are a kinda fun mix-up, but it sucks you can't join friends.

what's the highest rank? Not going to be able to play this tomorrow.. got upto charismatic, do I get more if I fill 99 points to get to the next rank?

also.. the pop teams seem to be really poor... is everyone else finding this?

400p = 2 points... does that scale? like 800p = 4 points? I hadn't really paid attention up to this point...

Edited by Pestneb

Nah, it's just 3 points if you win, 2 points if you get over 400p. So basically for participating.

Got up to charismatic, probably won't have the time or patience to max out the 99 scale.

got an on fire rank of +19. accidentally went to enter the next match.

great :(

I'm too tired... as there are no different maps for the splatfest no problem :)

Edited by Pestneb

The lag and matchmaking during Splatfest is pretty awful so far.

S'gonna be a slog through this tonight.

what's the highest rank? Not going to be able to play this tomorrow.. got upto charismatic, do I get more if I fill 99 points to get to the next rank?

also.. the pop teams seem to be really poor... is everyone else finding this?

400p = 2 points... does that scale? like 800p = 4 points? I hadn't really paid attention up to this point...

Definitely found that to be true and they're supposed to be my teammates.

there aren't enough pop teams... I have to say it doesn't look good for team pop. Most of my rock teams have worked well, and when I find myself against a pop team the difficulty takes a nose dive. Only the friendly matches seem to be a real challenge. on urchin underpass mostly pop teams get pushed right back to their own base... occasionally one individual makes a futile solo dash deep into our territory.. but two jump back, sort them out then return to pinning the team into their pen :D

Gotta be frustrating for the one or two good players who made the mistake of choosing pop (think who all the young kiddies, likely the ones getting 200p at best in a match, will have predominantly picked....)