NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Well F#CK that! No word of a lie, it took me 2 hours to get from C to C+ on Tower Control. Absolute nightmare, I felt like smashing up the room. Kept getting up to 95 then -10, -10, +15, -10, -10, -10 and on and on and on. The scoring system is a b1tch. Don't want to see this game again for a bit after that. I don't care what anybody says the controls are horrendous. It's fine playing normal games but trying to finesse a breeze block for accuracy is annoying. And in tight situations the camera is awful. It's right up in your face and you've no idea what's going on.

Yeah, in ranked it's luck of the draw, so when you lose it feels pretty bad. If they had a fair way of assessing how much you helped your team... so the most helpful players at least lose fewer points (and maybe on the winning team a less useful player gains fewer points) I think it would feel less harsh.

If I have a terrible match losing 10 is fair enough, but when I have a great match but terrible team losing is penalty enough, adding on a loss of -10 on my ranking just feels over the top. If it was a team of people I knew.. again that would feel fairer, but it's the game that chose those guys for me!!

Played some Tower Control for the first time yesterday, way more fun than Splat Zones! :yay:

Matches can indeed be over very quickly, which is great when you're on the winning team (fast points/cash) but obviously not so great on a losing streak. :heh:

It would be better if they adjusted ranked mode so that you at least got some points/cash when on the losing team.

Just finished Octo Valley (after owning the game since release, far too busy online gaming). And wow intense and enjoyable as people have already testified.

But why can't we now have the Hero Shot gun, I really like that one.

But why can't we now have the Hero Shot gun, I really like that one.

You can. You just need to spend around £30 to get it.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Good run speed for quick escapes through ink as well as closing the gap for a splattering. Handy for chasing down Rollers.
Ink Saver on my Main and Sub, as well as Special Saver and Ink Replenishment skills in there.

I think it's decent enough. Edited by Kav

http://www.twitch.tv/cube1701/v/6857641

I've got a few matches from last night there. Unfortunately, the quality is poor. I'll have to work out the best settings.

Wow! Sweet Kraken dodge/revenge! icon14.gif :awesome:

As for the quality, I'm guessing either a compression issue or the bitrate is set too low. :hmm: What device you using?

@RedShell Avermedia LGP Lite. The connection/device should be good enough, so it must be the settings in the software.

Also, that Kraken (@Goron_3) got me earlier on in the match.

@RedShell Avermedia LGP Lite. The connection/device should be good enough, so it must be the settings in the software.

Also, that Kraken (@Goron_3) got me earlier on in the match.

Yeah we had some great battles in that game!

The roller works very well on that level, the Mall and The Rig but it's terrible on the more open levels...thankfully we seemed to get that level 6 times in a row!

Oops, put this in the wrong thread:

"So what is the deal with Splat Fests? How does it work? They run for 24 hours and you can play whenever you want?"

Oops, put this in the wrong thread:

"So what is the deal with Splat Fests? How does it work? They run for 24 hours and you can play whenever you want?"

I think you posted it in the wrong thread because I posted this in that thread in error too...

I gave Ranked Battles a little go earlier. I had 5 games, won 4 and lost 1. On the one we lost, I scored loads and killed plenty but not a single other person on my team got a kill and they all scored really lowly... urgh.

Yeah, probably the bitrate, so have a look in the settings and increase it if possible. :)

Oh my god, tower control.

It's like someone made a mode just for me. I got into an 8-match winning streak when I first tried it yesterday. I felt like how John Numbers must feel every day

Splatoon - Weapon Analysis: Splat Charger (Wii U)

Splatoon - Weapon Analysis: Blaster (Wii U)

Splatoon - Weapon Analysis: .52 Gal (Wii U)

Splatoon - Weapon Analysis: Splattershot Jr. (Wii U)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Managed to get few games today, really missed it :), but I miss more evening battles with friends.

I like how you have to change weapons now to successfully fight in regular and ranked battles.

I was about to head off, but the splatfest preparations are going on in the plaza, might stick round and see what happens at 11...

Oh my... Tower control is crazy good. Haven't played in quite a few days, played tonight, turf wars, amazing fun, tried splat zones, incredible, now this, what a game. I'm revising my score to a 10.

It's tragic you can't play all modes with friends....

I really hope August fixes a lot of the problems. I. Worried how the friends stuff is going to work, what if 6 of us want to play...?

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

It was a nightmare again getting from C+ to B-. Another couple of hours at least, it could easily be four hours. Must check the Daily Log and I got it on the second last game before the changeover.

Splatfest has started/is happening? I completely forgot until I just saw @Mr\-Paul mention it in the online thread - what's the timeframe for it? Was gonna lend my Wii U to my mate for the day...might have to change plans!

I believe Splatfest is 6pm tonight to 6pm tomorrow night. Got a long night of Splatoon ahead of me. Probably gonna play right through until the Japanese airing of DragonBall Super at 1am.

oh so it hasnt begun? did wonder as couldnt see anything indicating it bar those trucks. im out soon and working the morn, expected more than a 24hr window really.

I believe Splatfest is 6pm tonight to 6pm tomorrow night. Got a long night of Splatoon ahead of me. Probably gonna play right through until the Japanese airing of DragonBall Super at 1am.

What's this??

What's this??

Brand new series set after Buu saga, Toriyama is writing and doing character designs, starts airing in Japan Sunday morning.

Lots of info on Kanzenshuu.