NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I also had problems today and last night. I would paint, but the colour wouldn't change.....

Yeah I had a connection error today. Think they're working on the servers ahead of Splatfests to make sure it doesn't collapse again.

I had problems last night with the servers. Haven't played today.

I also had problems today and last night. I would paint, but the colour wouldn't change.....

That's a really annoying aspect of lag on this - not sure how they've opted for their general approach but it seems to be that you're punished even if your connection is good(I'm presuming ofc that my connection is good).

as swimming is quite important as an aspect it is doubly frustrating, when I lose my gun it's not just shooting that is impaired, but movement as well. I also hate it when I'm having a great match, got LOADS of P, then I get disconnected with no gain. I'd prefer it if it cut out into a single player variant, with randomly popping up octopus guys who can actually aim and hit me :D even if it was rock solid hard and I got a few points from the match

If they are clever, they will make another one for the next home console and it will be ready at launch or inside first 6 months, with demos before that.

They have a new IP, a new genre which will sell great and it could improve their fortunes a lot.

And I like the article when it comes to Splatoon (I will not comment other games, but I do agree how it feels to play with more experienced players,...., i sucks), even if you are new you can contribute a lot.

Edited by Kounan

Splatoon has broken 1 million units sold :)

Is it with digital sales, or without? Add the amiibo and it will make them a lot of money.

Is it expensive to support online gaming (I am asking that to see if we can expect some good DLC's - not free obviously - like in Smash or Mario Kart)?

Is it with digital sales, or without? Add the amiibo and it will make them a lot of money.

Is it expensive to support online gaming (I am asking that to see if we can expect some good DLC's - not free obviously - like in Smash or Mario Kart)?

With :) Nintendo doesn't differentiate between physical and digital when it comes to sales. Nobody does really.

I think the most likely is microtransactions in terms of clothing as DLC levels wouldn't work with their scructure. Perhaps some real brands (it already has KOG stuff).

Clothing? Unless it improves the gameplay I will not spend money on that, probably (maybe if it's really cheap), but again they can't make it a pay to win game.....

Btw. what is the problem with adding levels?

Clothing? Unless it improves the gameplay I will not spend money on that, probably (maybe if it's really cheap), but again they can't make it a pay to win game.....

Btw. what is the problem with adding levels?

The problem with adding levels is that it splits the community. And it doesn't really fit with how Nintendo only let you play two at a time.

The gear in Splatoon gives no advantage as the perks are randomised and lower level clothing can have their slots increased. So there will be no in-game advantage.

I think it's the most ideal solution as there are plenty of people who will pay for it, and it would fund free DLC for everyone.

Edited by Cube

If they are clever, they will make another one for the next home console and it will be ready at launch or inside first 6 months, with demos before that.

They have a new IP, a new genre which will sell great and it could improve their fortunes a lot.

And I like the article when it comes to Splatoon (I will not comment other games, but I do agree how it feels to play with more experienced players,...., i sucks), even if you are new you can contribute a lot.

Goron_3 mentioned this when we were voice chatting the other day - something I never even thought of(not giving 'next' console much consideration atm) but I definitely have to agree - they need a Splatoon sequel for launch with their next console!

Goron_3 mentioned this when we were voice chatting the other day - something I never even thought of(not giving 'next' console much consideration atm) but I definitely have to agree - they need a Splatoon sequel for launch with their next console!

Splatoon Sequel and 3D Platform/Adventure Mario.

System sellers right there. Then get a F-Zero with online and Metroid out within the first 12 months...:yay:

Pretty certain Splatoon won't be able to remain separate from other Nintendo franchises for long. Expecting Mario etc. accessories to be worked in, maybe the ability to play as a Mii in a future update, silly things like that. I'd like Octoling costumes for multiplayer, proper skins.

I just hope they prioritise improving the online a bit - better friend options, some more maps in each rotation, more modes... I know these things are coming, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

Or a Splatoon sequel with a fully fledged 3D platformer for the single-player. The mechanics in the singleplayer with new elements could work really well for a bigger singleplayer mode.

I just hope they prioritise improving the online a bit - better friend options, some more maps in each rotation, more modes... I know these things are coming, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

Isn't that coming with the update in august?

Isn't that coming with the update in august?

Yeah, believe most of it is. But what I was trying to say is I hope they continue to improve the online and not just drop the August update, then focus exclusively on superficial cosmetic stuff while ignoring any other gaps in the online mode. Apologies if I didn't make myself clear.

OK, OK :), I was asking :D, as I wasn't sure. Let's hope they fix "90%" of the things in the first update.

Nintendo's official statement regarding sales passing 1 million.

“Nintendo has hauled up its nets, tallied its catch and crossed another milestone. Sales of Splatoon, the new squid-based game for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, have crossed 1 million worldwide, according to Nintendo’s internal figures. That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

“Ever since Splatoon launched on May 29 in the United States, we’ve seen thousands of people go online to have fun in this colorful, chaotic competition,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “This milestone puts us in a nice position as we prepare to launch 11 more exclusive Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games before the end of the year, plus amiibo, digital offerings and games from our third-party partners.”

I would have expected better sales in Europe than Japan.

Nintendo's official statement regarding sales passing 1 million.

“Nintendo has hauled up its nets, tallied its catch and crossed another milestone. Sales of Splatoon, the new squid-based game for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, have crossed 1 million worldwide, according to Nintendo’s internal figures. That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

“Ever since Splatoon launched on May 29 in the United States, we’ve seen thousands of people go online to have fun in this colorful, chaotic competition,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “This milestone puts us in a nice position as we prepare to launch 11 more exclusive Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games before the end of the year, plus amiibo, digital offerings and games from our third-party partners.”

Wii U has performed worst in Europe hasn't it? France and Germany it is better but in the UK Wii u is a ghost.

Amazing, isn't it?

Japan generally hate shooters, so it's truly amazing that this has done so well over there.

It appears that Nintendo have cracked how to do a shooter that Japan would like.

They didn't do a shooter I liked though. That still goes to Resi Evil 4 Wii Edition.