NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I hope that they will fix it as it should be possible and it would improve the gameplay.

I hope that they somewhere do read what are people complaining about.

As I said, I really like the controls, the only minus is that you can't sit and relax while playing it, because it blocks the movement you need ti make (of ciurse, you can switch it off and use the sticks), but I do understand that some people don't like it , I just don't agree that you (not you :)) can say they are shit as to many people do like them.

Hope you enjoyed the matches you were with us for @Wii. Another really good sesh of it with Goron, Cube and Zell on the voice chat(H-o-T was on in game but didn't make it to the Skype). I don't mean to labour a point but voice chatting with folks here whilst playing really re-invigorates the game for me, I def wanna try it once a week or so(though phone skype is shite skype for group convos it seems).

@Cube's basically a beast, I'm shit, and @Goron_3's pretty good with a roller but the game's racist and forced us to have a number of interracial roller wars. Absolutely enhanced by the voice chat to go with it, as we built up a little rivalry given the game hated us both being on the same team! @Zell's getting there...when he's there, that is.

Didn't realise til Goron mentioned at close-up but that was 2 and a half hours of Splatooning! Had a blast.

Hope you enjoyed the matches you were with us for @Wii. Another really good sesh of it with Goron, Cube and Zell on the voice chat(H-o-T was on in game but didn't make it to the Skype). I don't mean to labour a point but voice chatting with folks here whilst playing really re-invigorates the game for me, I def wanna try it once a week or so(though phone skype is shite skype for group convos it seems).

@Cube's basically a beast, I'm shit, and @Goron_3's pretty good with a roller but the game's racist and forced us to have a number of interracial roller wars. Absolutely enhanced by the voice chat to go with it, as we built up a little rivalry given the game hated us both being on the same team! @Zell's getting there...when he's there, that is.

Didn't realise til Goron mentioned at close-up but that was 2 and a half hours of Splatooning! Had a blast.

Yep, they were good games. Voice chat would make it better. @Cube is definitely the best. If I get some more practise in and some higher level equipment, I might be nearly as good. I can see now what ye were talking about with those who score 200 points. They really do mess it up and there was one game where someone scored 137.

I haven't bought a single weapon still yet and that level with the moving palette trucks is made for rollers.

Edit: Port Mackerel.

Edited by Wii

Yep, they were good games. Voice chat would make it better. @Cube is definitely the best. If I get some more practise in and some higher level equipment, I might be nearly as good. I can see now what ye were talking about with those who score 200 points. They really do mess it up and there was one game where someone scored 137.

I haven't bought a single weapon still yet and that level with the moving palette trucks is made for rollers.

This was actually my first time back with the roller in a while - mostly been Inkbrushing and using last week's gun alot and I actually find the roller a little primitive now though maybe I got to get used to it again. It does work to an extent on Port Mackerel, but in someways it's also well countered by itself on the same stage! There was a bit where Goron apparently spent the better part of a minute chasing after me with his roller too...and then he got me!

There's some much variety and balance in these weapons for me, I do have to give them quite a credit for it. Whilst I used to find the roller quite useful and powerful I think a lot of people have adapted to it now too(and I find it with flaws I've outgrown as well). Might take Goron's lead and swap up to the Krak-on one at some point(has different sub and support, namely the Kraken vs Killer Wail).

I haven't bought a weapon mainly because I don't want to give up the Bubbler.

Join us on Skype next time :)

Join us on Skype next time :)

I can't. I don't have Skype setup and my Wii U is way to far away from my desktop.

I think one reason why I do well at this is because something about this game clicks for me. It creates a zen-like feeling and I kind of go into a trance and play automatically. When I spend too much time thinking about a game, I always mess up (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, most shooters). But Splatoon manages to be relaxing while playing and it just flows for me.

I swear bloody blue murder at times. Which is nothing new.

I think one reason why I do well at this is because something about this game clicks for me. It creates a zen-like feeling and I kind of go into a trance and play automatically. When I spend too much time thinking about a game, I always mess up (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, most shooters). But Splatoon manages to be relaxing while playing and it just flows for me.

Some Bruce Lee ish. :laughing:

Good about the weapons(33 unreleased), not cool about the lack of stages(10 in total with just 2 remaining to be unlocked). I seriously hope more stages are coming as free DLC. Also hope for more modes.

They need to add a number of slots to set up different classes. Having a lot of weapons is great but annoying if you have to keep backing out and changing equipment on the one character.

Four slots where you set up weapon/gear and being able to switch between those in a lobby would be great. I'd experiment with weapons a lot more if I could do that.

Four slots where you set up weapon/gear and being able to switch between those in a lobby would be great. I'd experiment with weapons a lot more if I could do that.

Definitely, and if you fail to pick in time for the start of the match they just cancel you back out of the selection and you stick with what you had last match.

The two stage rotation is really starting to grind on me now - end up playing the same stage like 4-5 times in a row and I just wanna get it mixed up a little bit! Needs to be a rotation of 3, and soon.

Btw @Wii were you playing online with me this afternoon? I didn't see you on in my friendslist(dropped and came back) and wondered if it was a completely different Wii...

The two stage rotation is really starting to grind on me now - end up playing the same stage like 4-5 times in a row and I just wanna get it mixed up a little bit! Needs to be a rotation of 3, and soon.

Btw @Wii were you playing online with me this afternoon? I didn't see you on in my friendslist(dropped and came back) and wondered if it was a completely different Wii...

I was on playing but there was a fella on called JJ on my team. He was terrible, I thought I was doing well, 8 kills, 2 deaths, painting the town red but he dragged us down with his score and play so I left in anger.

I don't know, I should be seen. I can see ye.

Yeah, you must have hit a setting at some point because you can't be seen when you're online and I don't think the last time you were online thingy next to your name gets updated either.

Ahhh, that must be what it was for me too then - my friendlist said you hadn't been on for a month!

The list of things to come looks interesting - shame there aren't many more stages(can feel these getting oldish already) but the weapons are good to see! Happy to see some more Rollers and Inkbrushes coming - really would like to try a new one of the latter.

apparently 14 were promised, so there will be 4 at least as free DLC on top of the ones found on that link

The Japanese are animals on this game. The general skill level just keeps increasing and I'm starting to struggle to keep up.

The Japanese are animals on this game. The general skill level just keeps increasing and I'm starting to struggle to keep up.

I've come across some shockingly bad Japanese players too. They aren't all great players!

Lag doesn't help either, I've started having games where at 2 minutes in I only had 300p :shakehead, because I couldn't see where paint had already been laid down I guess?