NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Really? What are those then, you should have mentioned !

No need Ronnie. No need.

I'm still loving this game but two things are annoying me a bit:

1. Dodgy connections (mainly from Japanese players).

2. People who spend the first minute covering their own bases and thus losing the crucial 'middle zone'. I've had a few games where we've been pegged back into our base within the first 60 seconds because no one made an effort to run to the middle. Eugh.

Single player is awesome, by the way. Very short but it's a good starting point. I hope we one day see a more fleshed out version of the single player - It would actually make for a great non-linear platform/adventure title (Mario 64 baby).

2. People who spend the first minute covering their own bases and thus losing the crucial 'middle zone'. I've had a few games where we've been pegged back into our base within the first 60 seconds because no one made an effort to run to the middle. Eugh.

I'm someone who covers the base first. Allows me to send an inkstrike at the middle ground pretty quickly.

I think people need to adapt. I tend to base my first 30 seconds on my position on the base at the game start. Front I try to run straight to the middle, left take the far left route, right to the right, back I cover the base. Just because I find if everyone rushes forward I often get trapped behind my team and slows me down making me less productive. It doesn't take long to reach the middle/cover most of the base in ink, at which point I look to consolidating the middle ground or pushing to the opposing teams base. Of course tactics are irrelevant a lot of the time if you have only 1 or two team mates, or as I found once, no team mates :D

I think the servers should automatically try to team people up according to connection stability and speed. People have been complaining about Nintendo and online, and while others may scoff I think possibly a reason Nintendo have been holding back with online is because they have been using this as the first real online generation and are ironing out the issues.

I don't really want them to push on voice chat in game until they figure out how to set up stable online gaming, with less random teleporting etc.

As much as people have been pleading for extra online features, I think from having used Nintendo's online service, they are pushing themselves just slightly over their limits as it is and are still falling ever so slightly short. I want perfection from them online with what they are providing, THEN push on to improve the range of online services.

I'm someone who covers the base first. Allows me to send an inkstrike at the middle ground pretty quickly.

If you're using Inkstrike then fair enough : peace:

Holy moly..what a close game @Cube. 44.9 vs 44.5 :D

Edited by Goron_3

I leave the base mostly uncovered and cover it after I've died the first time.

Single player is awesome, by the way. Very short but it's a good starting point. I hope we one day see a more fleshed out version of the single player - It would actually make for a great non-linear platform/adventure title (Mario 64 baby).

Splatformer could totally be a thing :grin:

I've been taking the single player of Splatoon slowly, only playing a couple of levels at a time, but it has definitely been lots of fun :hehe: The music in some of the levels manages to get stuck in my head for most of the day, too :red:

I look forward to trying out the new map at some point over the weekend : peace:

Really? What are those then, you should have mentioned !

So close Ronnie!

But now you're out of the thread again.

If you're using Inkstrike then fair enough : peace:

Holy moly..what a close game @Cube. 44.9 vs 44.5 :D

I saw I had two chargers at the start and thought I had no change. They both had less than 300 points at the end of the match.

Still, good matches - I'm sure the game purposely puts friends against each other most of the time.

Edited by Cube

Even though I have huge objections and find things infuriating about the game, I have just bought it after @Zechs Merquise twisted my arm.

Glad to hear it! Whilst I still get niggled at little bits about it - I still can't stop playing it every day at the moment(maybe clocked about 20 hours in game so far) - I'm totally cracked out on it.

Sometimes I do it for exactly this reason but...

I started to come round to this way of thinking. If it's not covered later when I'm dying and respawing, I'll take care of some on the way then whilst we've got some people fighting along the map. Can be handy as well for when you respawn in like the last 10 seconds - can't get to the action in time but can still do a little bit before the match is over.

And some players have no concept of tactics. Last night I took the right hand path in Arowana Mall first at the start, and was followed by two teammates! Split up FFS. I let them go and I took another route in the end, but returned to that route later and they'd barely painted anything! Safe to say we lost that match.

That sometimes bugs me too! However I've had a bit where maybe a roller does some, and I follow and ink as they're running low. They don't always(or even often) think to take the oppurtunity to recharge and swim up to the end of my paint - but on the rare occasion it's occured it's felt like a really satisfying non-verbal synergy!

Ofc on the grander scheme of playing much more annoying things like you mentioned happens. I feel bad sometimes I got along a path and someone follows me trying to paint, and I'll usually accommodate by switching up my plans instead. Adapt for the fools, it's all part of the strategy!

Tried out the new map, it was good, but got bored after a couple of matches. Might have to come back to the game in a few weeks.

EDIT: Are you guys on now? I might grab some breakfast/lunch and jump on. This darn game!!

EDITEDIT: Ok I accidentally just slathered my crotch with peanut butter so may be a bit longer while I change and wash my jeans - if you're on do you have skype @Goron_3? Should totes have a skype splatoon sesh at some point.

Edited by Rummy

EDIT: Are you guys on now? I might grab some breakfast/lunch and jump on. This darn game!!

EDITEDIT: Ok I accidentally just slathered my crotch with peanut butter so may be a bit longer while I change and wash my jeans - if you're on do you have skype @Goron_3? Should totes have a skype splatoon sesh at some point.

I'll be online around 2pm..so should @Zell.

Add me on skype brah (anilp228).

Good few games just now @DuD is my Inkbrush weakness! Seems to know just where I'm coming from and keeps killing me! I'm loving the Inkbrush more and more, mostly because nobody else seems to use it and if you get a good spot you can really get a nice bit of coverage - it can be very hit and miss though and takes being decisive to work, hesitation is what seems to end up with me dying.

I'm gonna take a little break until 2pm when Goron's back on, but if anyone fancies the ol' Skypearoo add Rummy_Lebeau and I'll try to see if I can get it going and ting.

EDIT: Fuckfuckfuckfuck, I may be about to get a migraine :(

Edited by Rummy

Wow, its nice to see you lot having some Wii U fun on a Saturday. Its THAT good?

Temptation to buy... 21%

Wow, its nice to see you lot having some Wii U fun on a Saturday. Its THAT good?

Temptation to buy... 21%

It's not without its flaws but it's very moreish in the way it plays. At the end of the day its mostly inconsequential(you get money to buy stuff) but the nature of it just makes you want to have 'one more go' and before you know it you're supposed to be up for work in 5 hours :p

It's not without its flaws but it's very moreish in the way it plays. At the end of the day its mostly inconsequential(you get money to buy stuff) but the nature of it just makes you want to have 'one more go' and before you know it you're supposed to be up for work in 5 hours :p

Sounds like the kind of addiction I like.

Sounds like the kind of addiction I like.

Just checked my playtime, 38 hours apparently! Even supposing 5-10 hours idle thats still at least 30 hours so far. Not to say you'll feel the same but I can't complain too much(other than the fact it really distracts me from life!)

3b84238b099e953ee9111eb20fb92ab2.jpg

Keep getting this over and over on equipment. Enough already.

I wanted to ask, does it add up when you have 2 of the same?

They stack yes. But the effect is reduced for each additional ability. I don't know if you know but the main ability is locked and each secondary unlocked ability is weaker. So everyone who gets the same item of equipment has the same ability but the others are random.

OK, thx :), it would be good if we could see weapons stats after we get additional power ups.

Yeah, a lot of things would be good. It's too bare boned with annoying programming like you can't back out of a lobby once you've clicked continue, can't change weapons or controls on the fly and the Calamari girls telling you what stages are available each time you load up. I'm not a fan of the controls either. Give me a Wii remote and nunchuk any day of the week.