NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Cheers guys, I'm not going to work too much over the next few months so I think I'll get more gaming in than ever!! #naive

No name yet, can't agree, but today we will decide! I suggested Bowser or Toad but she wasn't having any of it!

Link? Mario? Usain? All excellent names.

I've just bought the game, but will start playing it in the evening, I hope, when my daughter goes to sleep.

Btw. guys, I have no friends who play this game (actually, only my little nephew has a Wii U :D), so I hope with time you'll let me play with you (online mode) :D.

Do feel free to add me if you dont have me already - my buzz is still good for the game and plan to be on whenever i get the spare moments(hell i even dreamt about it last night!). NNID - Rumdumcious

I do need to learn the basics first (my mother in law came when the intro finished, so have to wait till later to play it a bit and learn how to add friends), but thanks for the invite :).

I am always KouNaN :)

I do need to learn the basics first (my mother in law came when the intro finished, so have to wait till later to play it a bit and learn how to add friends), but thanks for the invite :).

You can add me too if you like (as can everybody else on this forum): NNID = markderoos

If you've added me, send me a PM so I'll know! : peace:

I played one level (or part of the level got the first of three ??????) and I played one game of turf wars and I do really like it, for now at least.

I've added Rummy (he accepted my request already and I've added markderoos).

My ID is KouNaNOVM, so who ever wants to add me, can do it.

Now have to put my daughter to sleep and then I will spend few hours on the game, I hope :).

Two new weapons coming tomorrow: the L-3 Nozzlenose and the Custom E-litre 3K

CHmqJdUWIAAygHl.jpgCHmqJ_fW8AAZNU1.jpg

CHmqJr9WgAA_WS6.jpgCHmqJN5WIAAnJQi.jpg

Blooming hell, they're really hitting us fast with the updates. I've been away and can't keep up!

Bah! Would have preferred a new stage, to be honest.

*refuses to change weapon and lose bubble shield*

We'll probably get another stage this weekend

Cheats! :heh:

This game is far too easy for you with that weapon combination :indeed:

Best way to pick it up is jump right in!! You might 'suck' at first but you'll notice some of the stuff other people do and possibly start to incorporate it into your own play, as well as ofc developing your own styles. The possibilites due to weapon variations is larger than I'd expected of the game.

Having said that - playing last night I did start to feel a bit burny-outy. May have just been because of the two similarish feeling stages in rotations(blackbelly skatepark AGAIN and Arowana Mall) but decided to swap up to my Inkbrush and other weapons to try and keep myself going. Tackled some single player too and have just fought the first boss(keeping that for exactly these kind of moments).

Having said all that I've no doubt I'll be on again this evening, probs whilst having the Nintendo event on in the background!

Definitely, they need more stages because with only 2 stages per rotation it is getting annoying.

Having said that, while in game 3 stages per rotation will improve the variation, booting up will be 50% more annoying :(

so hopefully they'll let us switch those two off... or have them appear just on the gamepad while we ignore them and go about our shopping/shooting business.

Having said that - playing last night I did start to feel a bit burny-outy. May have just been because of the two similarish feeling stages in rotations(blackbelly skatepark AGAIN and Arowana Mall) but decided to swap up to my Inkbrush and other weapons to try and keep myself going. Tackled some single player too and have just fought the first boss(keeping that for exactly these kind of moments).

I like both those stages, but I find I lose interest if I play too long because the stages don't provide enough variety.

Having said that I think playing with N-E'ers is a good way of switching it up, because the team rotations start to mean something.. the names actually mean something and it gives a bit of a focus.. you know who to watch out for, who to seek out and who to avoid like the plague! And who you REALLY hope is on your team!

Seeing as I'd no online for the past couple of weeks. I got to play and complete some games, including this one. I thought the single player was alright, nothing great. On a scale of difficulty from 1-10, I'd say it was about 2-3. The only difficult bit was the last boss which was maybe an 8. Good luck to the casuals beating him. That was a big spike in difficulty. The music is very limited and repetitive and the scrolls were easily found. Took about 10 hours to 100% it taking my time collecting all those little orange blobs. Only had ink firing rate, tank size on level 3 by the end with everything else on level 2. I've no incentive to ever play it again, the single player that is. Now hopefully the real fun starts when I get into the multiplayer. The graphics were nice and the credits were cool for the single player campaign. Some of the music was great but some was extremely grating.

Edited by Wii

I like both those stages, but I find I lose interest if I play too long because the stages don't provide enough variety.

Having said that I think playing with N-E'ers is a good way of switching it up, because the team rotations start to mean something.. the names actually mean something and it gives a bit of a focus.. you know who to watch out for, who to seek out and who to avoid like the plague! And who you REALLY hope is on your team!

Definitely agree on both fronts! I did see/join a few peeps last night which was nice. I do like both BBSP and AW though I've played the former a LOT in rotation and I think the two of them together in rotation for a mode just...isn't varied enough. I realise most of the stages can be argued to be similar of sorts but there's something about those two together particularly that got a bit boring fast.

Best way to pick it up is jump right in!! You might 'suck' at first but you'll notice some of the stuff other people do and possibly start to incorporate it into your own play, as well as ofc developing your own styles. The possibilites due to weapon variations is larger than I'd expected of the game.

Having said all that I've no doubt I'll be on again this evening, probs whilst having the Nintendo event on in the background!

I've finished the first boss and got to level 5 in online mode.

I will also play more online, but hope to play more with people I "know". Should be more interesting.

I in general have problems with online play, as I can't stay interested in it for to long (it was same with COD/Battlefield), but this looks a bit more interesting to me as I don't need to be an expert to be able to do OK (while in COD it's different - don't get me wrong, I did like COD, but I played it once a year and wasn't used to the aiming with sticks and people would just take me down to easily).

God I'm missing playing this game so much.... Can't wait til things ease off a bit more, and by that I mean my girlfriends family bugger off!!

God I'm missing playing this game so much.... Can't wait til things ease off a bit more, and by that I mean my girlfriends family bugger off!!

Belated congratulations Darren on the birth of your new baby. Was it a boy or girl? I presume a boy with your suggestions of Bowser or Toad in another post. It was nice knowing you. :p

Belated congratulations Darren on the birth of your new baby. Was it a boy or girl? I presume a boy with your suggestions of Bowser or Toad in another post. It was nice knowing you. :p

Cheers mate, yeah a boy!!

Really hope a new map/mode turn up this week!! Maybe a sunshine stage to go along with Sunshine HD?! :)

Belated congratulations Darren on the birth of your new baby. Was it a squid or kid? I presume a boy with your suggestions of Bowser or Toad in another post. It was nice knowing you. :p

I fixed your post for you.

I'm going online at 7:30 PM to play some Splatoon and forget about that appalling E3 Direct. If anyone fancies playing, give me a shout.

I'm already on, will be for a bit too as the maps are about to change.

I have to say that I am not to happy with the pad in online play. I like how you can use it to jump to a certain place, but I feel that the game is just to fast for proper use of the pad when it comes to the map. Maybe it's just me, but it takes time till I see where I am and where I have to go, as I can't concentrate enough because other players are shooting at me, or could any second arrive and start shooting at me.

PS

Can you guys, please jut write down if I am allowed to add you as my mii friend, so I have more people "I know" for online games? Thx.

I have to say that I am not to happy with the pad in online play. I like how you can use it to jump to a certain place, but I feel that the game is just to fast for proper use of the pad when it comes to the map. Maybe it's just me, but it takes time till I see where I am and where I have to go, as I can't concentrate enough because other players are shooting at me, or could any second arrive and start shooting at me.

PS

Can you guys, please jut write down if I am allowed to add you as my mii friend, so I have more people "I know" for online games? Thx.

I can see where you're coming from but I think you're overthinking the map - it's additional to the main screen really, don't rely on it(though as you play more you'll probs find uses for it of sorts, and know the times you'll be good to check it etc). I think I've gotten to a point of hiding still in ink to check it quick, but that relies on being in the appropriate situation for it. Try not to think too much about the pad for now, unless you're not sure what to do looking at the main screen.

As for friends - go for it with anyone with their NNID on their profile I say! May be worth obvs looking for the more regular players here, and maybe send them a PM after to let them know you've added them. If you ever see me on just feel free to jump into my games! Honestly think most folks here will feel the same too :)

(on that note I'm not currently in a match, having a quick drink/snack break then gonna head back in. Current maps are Saltspray Rig and Walleye so I'm happy as I haven't been on them so much on the whole)

I get what you mean and I don't think it's a big problem, it's just something I need time to get used to (my biggest problem is taking to much time to find myself :D - I you look different, but still I manage to have problems with that :D). OK, I often don't use hiding while using it as I don't want to loose time (we are usually behind and I am usually the best player - and I am not good :D - so it does tell a lot about my team :D) which I have to change.

About Mii, I'll do it that way, I hope it's not pa problem for people here, as I am relatively new on the forum.

Btw. is there a place were you can see your stats from your battles?

Btw. is there a place were you can see your stats from your battles?

This is still Nintendo's family-friendly shooter title so as far as I'm aware, the answer is now :p You can see how many points you've racked with a weapon from the equips screen though - but that's basically just telling you what you've used most, I guess?

Jumping back on in a sec. Sitting here eating soft rich teas and I'm still not even as disappointed as I was with the E3.

I just wanted to have that to see how much I improve during the game :), but probably the ranked battles will help with that, or at least I hope so.

I am going later on, as I have to put my daughter to sleep first.