NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Yes it does, but to play online they will need a nintendo network id. (I think you can make one there and then with an email address)

Three members of my family have their own account, splatoon save file, and ID on my console!

CHSdq7PVAAA-AgQ.jpg

New weapon tonight

I'm quite impressed at the rate Nintendo are rolling out/unlocking content for this game. I think it does a good job in keeping the game fresh in line with the people playing it. Every time I think my interest is starting to wane they announce a new map or weapon, which in turn makes me start playing it more. Their pacing of it has been pretty good so far.

I'm quite impressed at the rate Nintendo are rolling out/unlocking content for this game. I think it does a good job in keeping the game fresh in line with the people playing it. Every time I think my interest is starting to wane they announce a new map or weapon, which in turn makes me start playing it more. Their pacing of it has been pretty good so far.

Seems pretty clear that all this weekly content was ready from day 1, they're just giving it to us bit by bit.

Mike! Just Mike! Ofc. I forgot we had a just Mike. My bad.

I'll check in with yous here or on Skype when I'm about/if I'm about.

Honestly, I've seen so many Michaels since I've been playing this. Didn't realise I had such a common name in the world of Nintendo gamers! There should be a little symbol next to usernames if they're on your friend list.

Seems pretty clear that all this weekly content was ready from day 1, they're just giving it to us bit by bit.

I guess I what I'm saying is that i was a little skeptical that they were holding back content and were going to drip feed it over time. I appreciated why they were doing it (to force everyone to get familiar with the maps and weapons etc) but wasn't sure if it would work out for the best. But now, three weeks on, I think the pace that they are releasing this stuff seems about right to me. :)

Honestly, I've seen so many Michaels since I've been playing this. Didn't realise I had such a common name in the world of Nintendo gamers! There should be a little symbol next to usernames if they're on your friend list.
Yep, a really simple thing that would make a big difference:

SZxwWR2.jpg

Hopefully they add it at some point.

Nando your connection really has some serious issues. Every time we played with you there was massive lag and you were teleporting all over the map, making it a nightmare for anyone to kill you.

I think you need to..

BOW DOWN TO THE AWESOME POWER OF MY 2.5MBPS DOWNLOAD SPEEDS :blank:

I'm genuinely sorry if I was causing a problem during my brief play session last night :hmm: There were definitely a few issues in the games I played with you guys.. I just didn't realise it was me :red:

They don't do fibre optic in my area yet so, unfortunately, this is as good as it gets for me. I have played plenty of matches where it hasn't been a problem and I never seem to experience any disconnections stemming from my end.

Hopefully we'll get some better matches in future or I'll have to take my inking skills elsewhere : peace:

SZxwWR2.jpg

It just had to be me, didn't it :nono:

Really hope they have ranked turf wars , and mix up the playlists at some point :)

currently B- working my way up slowly

game of the year so far.

Expected posts of an evening of banter! Did yous get together in the end? I'm not long in and poss gonna waste my night away now...

Expected posts of an evening of banter! Did yous get together in the end? I'm not long in and poss gonna waste my night away now...

I came on late and just missed hero, my and Zechs played for a bit and Nando and even clownferet joined fleetingly.

We need to set times so we all know when we're on!

Anyone about over the weekend?

I came on late and just missed hero, my and Zechs played for a bit and Nando and even clownferet joined fleetingly.

Yeah, sorry dude. I had been on since around 6pm and was starting to feel burned out by the time you and Zechs had arrived.

I had some horrific matches. Well, not me personally but the team mates I kept getting paired up with. Some of them were absolute garbage, easily the worst I've seen yet. Zechs was saying the other night that if even one player is tripe and doesn't pull their weight then the whole team gets brought down. This was certainly true last night.

Good job there isn't voice chat as some words would have been had. :D

They were my first ever 3 games, so apologies if I slammed dunk the junk. I left so soon as I didn't enjoy/get it. The aiming was annoying me plus I just didn't get if the point was to paint the floor or kill opponents. But judging by the feedback on here it's obviously a great game so I need to level up and practice

Seems like the Splatfest is causing major server issues. It's taking ages to get a game, people are being disconnected and some can't even get a game going. It wasn't bad this morning but I'm now stuck looking at the searching for battle screen.

*plays FFX on Vita while waiting*

Seems like the Splatfest is causing major server issues. It's taking ages to get a game, people are being disconnected and some can't even get a game going. It wasn't bad this morning but I'm now stuck looking at the searching for battle screen.

*plays FFX on Vita while waiting*

Makes sense that they're staggering Splatfests globally. America's is next weekend and ours is the following.

They were my first ever 3 games, so apologies if I slammed dunk the junk. I left so soon as I didn't enjoy/get it. The aiming was annoying me plus I just didn't get if the point was to paint the floor or kill opponents. But judging by the feedback on here it's obviously a great game so I need to level up and practice

I was kinda like that at first. The aim is to paint the floor! As much as you can! Killing just adds a bit of your own paint but is mostly for pushing back the competition. I hear Clownferret Jnr's been playing a lot though? How's he finding it?

I played a few games after I got in last night - swapped up to my paintbrush from the .52 gal and wasn't doing too bad on the whole. One match there was actually three of us and we were decimating - got about 3 dudes in a row just cos we were all there flailing wildly - made me lols. Don't know if I'd bust it out again with you guys(well maybe for Zechs as he found it quite useful) but definitely gonna keep it up for a bit more in multiplayer. I've got things to do before I go out which I'm probably not going to do at all - so I may be on this for a bit in the next couple hours. Feel free to join if you see me!

Makes sense that they're staggering Splatfests globally. America's is next weekend and ours is the following.

I'm not so sure. They are splitting the userbase. Aren't Japanese are stuck playing that mode? Most US peeps are in bed, which means there's only Europe at the moment playing the game. I guess that's why it's taking so long to fill up lobbies and get games going.

Isn't our Splatfest something ridiculous like Rock vs Pop? Cats vs Dogs or Rice vs Bread would have been so much better.

Floor, more floor = special moves = more points = more levelling up = better choice of weapons = more enjoyment!

You need to Splat tonight between 10:45ish and midnight!!

Isn't our Splatfest something ridiculous like Rock vs Pop? Cats vs Dogs or Rice vs Bread would have been so much better.

I know... I like both Rock and Pop. I can't decide!!!

I have a feeling you'd actually quite enjoy it if you got it - but as many others have felt maybe not find it without flaws. They're there but quick and easy to come to terms with, and on the whole I reckon you'll get a decent amount of play out of it eventually. What's putting you off at the moment?

Sorry for delay in replying Rummy.

Yeah I do think I'd enjoy it but I probably wouldn't play much of it online which is why I was (and am) still a bit on the fence.

I just don't get the time to invest in it really which is why I haven't bit the bullet so far. But the fact it's a shortish game with a decentish single player is appealing, especially with them potentially adding stuff as time goes by.

But it's nice reading everyones positive comments. Well, mostly positive :heh:, and that's tempting me.

I have a £20 Argos gift voucher so think I may pick it up from there and put that towards it, but I have a few other games on my radar I could use that for so am just weighing up which I'd prefer at the min! :)

Sorry for delay in replying Rummy.

Yeah I do think I'd enjoy it but I probably wouldn't play much of it online which is why I was (and am) still a bit on the fence.

I just don't get the time to invest in it really which is why I haven't bit the bullet so far. But the fact it's a shortish game with a decentish single player is appealing, especially with them potentially adding stuff as time goes by.

But it's nice reading everyones positive comments. Well, mostly positive :heh:, and that's tempting me.

I have a £20 Argos gift voucher so think I may pick it up from there and put that towards it, but I have a few other games on my radar I could use that for so am just weighing up which I'd prefer at the min! :)

No sorries needed! Though I was just wondering about you whilst I was playing. Why wouldn't you play much online? That's basically the meat of the game. Boot to playing is maybe...5-7 minutes? Could be faster if they cut some of the shit out, though. You can honestly have a great bit of fun in like a little half hour window or so.

Just had about 6-7 matches and they were ALL on Blackbelly Skatepark - they really need to bring in 3 stage rotations at some point. Still rocking my paintbrush, and tbh slightly beasting it. The key to it is being fast on the trigger tapping - which means I'll probably give myself some RSI at some point(dunno why it doesn't have some sort of turbo-fire aspect itself) - I'm even managing to kill people with it more. Still don't think it'll hold up with you guys, but I'll possibly be pissing you off with it in online after all ;)

Had a few lagouts in the lobby just a while back, and a pingout in the game(I'd say I'm more than 95% confident it isn't me, mind) - bit annoying. Anyhow I was supposed to be somewhere like 3 hours ago and I'm still at home. Half thanks to Splatoon. For whatever flaws I can level at the game, I can't deny it's currently keeping me going very much. Having said that - I've not even been on it for a week yet. The content staggering is possibly quite wise in the case of this game to avoid/prevent burnout and too much too fast - just had a couple matches with the latest addition on the weapon front and I kinda like it.

Had a few lagouts in the lobby just a while back, and a pingout in the game(I'd say I'm more than 95% confident it isn't me, mind) - bit annoying. Anyhow I was supposed to be somewhere like 3 hours ago and I'm still at home. Half thanks to Splatoon. For whatever flaws I can level at the game, I can't deny it's currently keeping me going very much. Having said that - I've not even been on it for a week yet. The content staggering is possibly quite wise in the case of this game to avoid/prevent burnout and too much too fast - just had a couple matches with the latest addition on the weapon front and I rather quite kinda like it.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Good games @Ronnie.

We fairly pinned in the team in one of those games. We all had relatively low scores for a winning team. The poor people couldn't get out of the base area to cover any more of the map. :D

It was fun to play a few games with you guys.. but then you both disappeared :blank:

When I dropped out after a few more Turf Wars, I noticed you were both still available to join so I was kinda wondering if you had both had a problem with my connection again and left :red:

Good games @Ronnie.

We fairly pinned in the team in one of those games. We all had relatively low scores for a winning team. The poor people couldn't get out of the base area to cover any more of the map. :D

Yeah the one or two rounds we played in the same team were great fun, every other one you owned me time and time again ! Got sick of the sight of you :mad::bowdown: Great skills though. I miss the bubbler.

Anyone been Squid humped? Some guy killed me earlier and started fast Squid/Kidding himself on my grave. Amazing.