NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Exactly. This is usually what I do, I hang back, painting all the areas around our base and surrounding area. Those little blank spaces all add up.

I think it's good to get into the base and fill up the middle and closer to the base first, you can always get around your base later on, if fill a bit each time you die and make your way back to the middle.

All tactics I guess :) Probably good to have people doing different things I suppose.

I think it's good to get into the base and fill up the middle and closer to the base first, you can always get around your base later on, if fill a bit each time you die and make your way back to the middle.

All tactics I guess :) Probably good to have people doing different things I suppose.

This what I tend to do.

I push forward and try to get as much coverage as possible in the middle of the map, as that's where most of the action is. As you say, people tend to fill up around the base when they respawn. Most of the time the opposite team usually head for your base anyway, so you just end up having to repaint over it.

Finally get round to playing this and I get a communication error first game.

Add me so I have people to play with. :p

MadDog91UK

I'm sure I will.

For the record, I'm not a big fan.

If I actually bought this game instead of borrowing DCubed's copy, I would have regretted it massively.

So who's been skyping on this?

I've been wanting to, seems not many others do!

I've been wanting to, seems not many others do!

Same happened with MK8 and Smash, its why I don't play them.

Thinking about it, I haven't been on my WiiU to game since January!

Got to level 4 and I'm pretty underwhelmed. The shooting just feels poor to me. It's quite good fun, maybe I'll like it abit more when I've unlocked some more weapons.

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

image_zpsdpw847qz.jpg

woah nice work!. Was that with random players or other people from this forum?

woah nice work!. Was that with random players or other people from this forum?

Just randoms. I joined Welsh Gamers match but when I got there he had already left.

Lag has caused me to lose every match tonight. Almost definitely just a problem on my end, but dear god is it annoying. - _ -

EDIT:

Well, the most annoying thing is knowing that whoever's on my team is destined to lose with me. :(

EDIT2:

Hi, H-o-T.

Edited by FireMeowth

Lag has caused me to lose every match tonight. Almost definitely just a problem on my end, but dear god is it annoying. - _ -

EDIT:

Well, the most annoying thing is knowing that whoever's on my team is destined to lose with me. :(

EDIT2:

Hi, H-o-T.

Why I want this game but realize it's futile. Supposed to have unlimited sky fibre and pay out the arse for it, but even netflix can stutter like crap, with random times of day disconnections and throttling, even at times when 90% of the UK is in bed so I should have basically NO competition. Repeatedly nagging sky usally gets it "magically fixed" despite nothing changing on either end (ie. they DELIBERATELY do it, but they can't tell you that and will only fix it if you actually notice and complain, which I'm sure most customers don't.) Cue the countdown until they mess up again. I hate you sky.:mad:

EDIT: The messed up **** actually disconnected while trying to send this post. What ARE the odds...?

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Since the update lag seems much worse... that's probably a coincidence though. Really annoying when I'm shooting right at someone, then they appear a metre further back.. aim there... then they are a metre forward again, then splat I'm gone : / My connection is fairly poor.. and I have the wrong equipment... hopefully a change of clothes will change my fortunes! doubt it though :D

Maidens seems to be getting me a lot, I wish the game tracked stats vs friends... hopefully that will come in the update later this year.

Think there's 6 of us in the room atm.. be good if those last 2 places got filled too!

Edited by Pestneb

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the new map. It's very narrow, which favours the chargers, and it's really hard to score big, even if you are the winning team.

I had a hilarious match earlier. I managed to wipe out 5 players in a very small time frame. Killed the first guy, his mates came to help, killed them and then the first guy foolishly jumped to where the rest of them got wiped out. I just sat there waiting for him to land. :D

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the new map. It's very narrow, which favours the chargers, and it's really hard to score big, even if you are the winning team.

I had a hilarious match earlier. I managed to wipe out 5 players in a very small time frame. Killed the first guy, his mates came to help, killed them and then the first guy foolishly jumped to where the rest of them got wiped out. I just sat there waiting for him to land. :D

Yeah, I wasn't keen, then it grew on me... now I've gone off it again. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me again : /

I like that it's difference, it's made by the moving forklifts though, nice touch. It'll be fine if it was kne in every ten matches. 5 in a room is a bit much though...

I think it's alright, but as you said, long range weapons have a strong advantage. I use the aerospray and my team just just got completely trapped in by Sprout using the Jet Squelcher!

It really needs more maps added to rotation, as you sometimes end up playing the same stage over and over and over.

Was leveling up some new gear earlier and ended up with this:

Quick respawn x3. :D

reh6PsV.jpg

Wonder if it's possible to get x4 of the same ability on a single item? :heh:

Anyway, it's a good job I don't really like the look of the cycle helmet, otherwise I'd have to hand over 30k to Spyke.

Have they said anything about benefits from ranking up in Ranked Mode? It's fun to win Splat Zones, but I'm not sure it's worth all the pain and suffering from losing streaks if there's no reward to be had.

reh6PsV.jpg

Anyway, it's a good job I don't really like the look of the cycle helmet, otherwise I'd have to hand over 30k to Spyke.

Do you care much about the abilities you are getting? To be honest I don't put much stock in the abilities, especially the secondary ones. I've played fine without worrying about them so far. I suppose they may come into play with ranked battles but i'm not too fussed about that mode ( haven't even touched it ).

I was listening to this weeks Giant Bomb podcast this morning and the guys were talking about Splatoon. They all seem to be really enjoying it. They had the exact same conversation as we did on here the other day.

Some of the guys were saying how they like to use the roller and stay at base early on to cover the area ( like RedShell ). Others were saying they move forward and try to gain ground in the middle and would paint the spawn once they died and headed back ( like me ). I just found it amusing that they sound just like us on here. :D

Do you care much about the abilities you are getting? To be honest I don't put much stock in the abilities, especially the secondary ones. I've played fine without worrying about them so far. I suppose they may come into play with ranked battles but i'm not too fussed about that mode ( haven't even touched it ).

I was listening to this weeks Giant Bomb podcast this morning and the guys were talking about Splatoon. They all seem to be really enjoying it. They had the exact same conversation as we did on here the other day.

Some of the guys were saying how they like to use the roller and stay at base early on to cover the area ( like RedShell ). Others were saying they move forward and try to gain ground in the middle and would paint the spawn once they died and headed back ( like me ). I just found it amusing that they sound just like us on here. :D

Well, I prefer it when I get useful ones on gear that I also like the look of. :D

Admittedly they're not all that powerful, but it's still nice to have a good set. The ink/special reducing and saving abilities are probably the best I reckon.

But as you say (and have shown :awesome:) it's possible to do very well without worrying about them at all. :)

reh6PsV.jpg

I had the same thing happen

ibvtEjO6RhCF0u.jpg

Apparently the brand of the clothing effects the chances of what perks you might get when you level them up:

The brands affect the chances of getting certain secondary abilities when you level your gear up. Most brand have one common ability (which is an ability that is five times more likely to appear), and an uncommon ability (which is an ability that has only half the chance to appear).

Amiibo, Cuttlegear, and KOG brands don't affect secondary abilities in any way.

Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub

Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)

Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up

Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up

Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up

Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver

Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up

Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main

Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up

Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump

Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up

Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

All info from the strategy guide.

Taken from Gamefaqs

Not for me it's not. I see it as laughable in comparison with Battlefield!

Played this 10 times more than I did battlefeild . Have 4 and hardline they are good tactical shooters . But boring and the same as 99% of all shooters .

Splatoon in its essence is a shooter but it's a new genre of shooter never seen before .

Your really missing out on one the most fun games out there , it's not trying to be battlefield or cod it's nintnendos unique take on shooters .

And if your complaining about lack of features at least the online works and is pain free Unlike battlefeild was was months !