NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Splat zones is fairly quiet, the counter got down to 20 before the last two slots were filled :blank:

Wish we had the option to play Splat Zones without a ranking. Rankings really stress me out.

Jesus, I was considering picking this up on the cheap pre-owned but Nintendo keep taking steps backwards with online and are almost putting me off completely... it all sounds awful!

I think I'll see if they address the multitude of problems after the August update.

What makes you say that?

Wish we had the option to play Splat Zones without a ranking. Rankings really stress me out.

I guess it depends whether you care about getting A+ or not. for C grade you go up a bit more than you go down, so if you have a 50:50 record you should reach B grade. Not sunk that much time into it yet, but I suspect B grade will be more demanding and A grade even more still.

I guess it depends whether you care about getting A+ or not. for C grade you go up a bit more than you go down, so if you have a 50:50 record you should reach B grade. Not sunk that much time into it yet, but I suspect B grade will be more demanding and A grade even more still.

I've only reached high C+ before getting splatted back down to almost C-, the B+/- tier seems pretty good at the moment. Lots of well organised Japanese players. I like that Splat Zones gives a chance to play a mode that rewards kills rather than coverage, but not entirely convinced on it yet. I think Turf Wars is still king - Splat Zones might shine if there's ever a chance to hook up with 3 friends and take on the world.

I've only reached high C+ before getting splatted back down to almost C-, the B+/- tier seems pretty good at the moment. Lots of well organised Japanese players. I like that Splat Zones gives a chance to play a mode that rewards kills rather than coverage, but not entirely convinced on it yet. I think Turf Wars is still king - Splat Zones might shine if there's ever a chance to hook up with 3 friends and take on the world.

probably given time most of the better players will move up to A rank making B rank more the regular rank. I guess for now C+ will be about the average score... which is why I've given up on the ranked mode for the time being!

probably given time most of the better players will move up to A rank making B rank more the regular rank. I guess for now C+ will be about the average score... which is why I've given up on the ranked mode for the time being!

Yeah, I'm back to good old Turf Wars for now. A few hours with fairly consistent XP is far preferable to a few hours of ranked with barely any XP. No XP when losing hurts so bad, haha.

No XP when losing hurts so bad, haha.

Yeah, at least on turf war even when you lose you get credit for what you did do. In Splat zone there have been a couple of times where my team lost but still got points. I'm getting a bit bored of port mackerel now though, I guess it features every rotation to give everyone a shot at playing it but.. still a bit much

Splat Zones is brilliant. But I want to play with freinds. I'm still boggled by it....

Jesus, I was considering picking this up on the cheap pre-owned but Nintendo keep taking steps backwards with online and are almost putting me off completely... it all sounds awful!

I think I'll see if they address the multitude of problems after the August update.

It's not awful, but there are some absolutely crazy decision in there and a few niggles. Amazing game, it needs some serious patching.

Meanwhile, the rest of the us will have a blast playing this awful gem of a game.

Meanwhile, the rest of the us will have a blast playing this awful gem of a game.

It's good that you guys are enjoying it, but I'm just gutted it's not even half the game it should've been and what it is doesn't warrant a purchase from me. Just different standards between us that's all.

Your loss it's one of the best online shooters out there .

Not for me it's not. I see it as laughable in comparison with Battlefield!

Then you're in the vast minority. Nothing to do with you having standards the rest of us don't.

It's good that you guys are enjoying it, but I'm just gutted it's not even half the game it should've been and what it is doesn't warrant a purchase from me. Just different standards between us that's all.

Could you elaborate more? I'm not seeing what others have said that made you post your latest post that it was worse than you thought. I'm just curious

You'll never see it @Serebii, you're completely blind to it.

You being unable to state the issues that have been raised that make you feel it is worse than you imagined indicates to me that you're just trying to stir trouble.

You being unable to state the issues that have been raised that make you feel it is worse than you imagined indicates to me that you're just trying to stir trouble.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say....

No proper friend matches

Lack of maps

Two map rotating every 4 fours

No Voice Chat

Lack of game modes

Can't play with friends in Ranked

Splat Zones locked in Ranked mode

All valid complaints, TBH, with the final two being what I think he means when it's worse than he thought it would be.

Kav is used to playing shooters with a massive amount of options in terms of gameplay modes and maps. In comparison to the majority of shooters, this game is very lacking.

So when it was announced it'll never have voice-chat that put me off. Since then we've learnt...

1. You can party up with friends and join games, you're randomly assigned to teams.

2. Once you search for a lobby you can't back out, you have to power down the console.

3. There are only 2 modes at the moment.

4. In one of the modes (ranked) you can't join friend's lobbies.

5. There are only 5 maps at the moment.

6. There is a 2 map rotation and it's every 4 hours.

7. You can't change loadouts during matches.

8. The free DLC announced still doesn't add much at all, still less than the standard content at which most games release.

Given that I've pretty much just woken up I may have forgot something but these are off the top of my head.

So how have you been so blind not to see this Serebii?

Edited by Kav

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say....

No proper friend matches

Lack of maps

Two map rotating every 4 fours

No Voice Chat

Lack of game modes

Can't play with friends in Ranked

Splat Zones locked in Ranked mode

All valid complaints, TBH, with the final two being what I think he means when it's worse than he thought it would be.

Kav is used to playing shooters with a massive amount of options in terms of gameplay modes and maps. In comparison to the majority of shooters, this game is very lacking.

That's what I wanted. Not vague statements. Just wanted a rundown

To be fair, @kav82, there are six maps now and the "free DLC" is not actually DLC. It's in the game already and they're doing staggered unlocks of them to try and keep people coming back. The actual "new" content doesn't come until August. Until then, we have most, if not all, already in the game.

Also, it makes some sense to not allow friend team-ups in ranked. Makes it an even ground for all

Edited by Serebii

So when it was announced it'll never have voice-chat that put me off. Since then we've learnt...

1. You can party up with friends and join games, you're randomly assigned to teams.

2. Once you search for a lobby you can't back out, you have to power down the console.

3. There are only 2 modes at the moment.

4. In one of the modes (ranked) you can't join friend's lobbies.

5. There are only 5 maps at the moment.

6. There is a 2 map rotation and it's every 4 hours.

7. You can't change loadouts during matches.

8. The free DLC announced still doesn't add much at all, still less than the standard content at which most games release.

Given that I've pretty much just woken up I may have forgot something but these are off the top of my head.

So how have you been so blind not to see this Serebii?

All valid points, and some of them irritate me also. However then there's this point which personally nullify all the rest:

1. It's really, really... really fun. ;)

That's right, it's fun. :D Trust me, even with all the stuff that annoys you about Splatoon, I'd eat my GamePad if you (or any gamer for that matter) didn't have some fun while playing it. :hehe:

The fact that it's also dirt cheap at launch (£25 quid) is another great reason to overlook the shortcomings and just enjoy Splatoon for what it is!

: peace:

I actually love how they're staggering content. It is keeping me coming back.

That said, I am looking forward to when they add a 3rd stage option to the 4 hour rotation