NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I'm started to get burnt out with the online stuff. The same maps are starting to get a little old, as is the same game type..

I've finished the Boy and Girl Amiibo challenge stages and the content is quite large. They are just bits and pieces of the story stages but the whole of the stage. They are quite challenging and offer some legs to the single player stuff. It's not as throw away as people may think.

It's a shame that this content is locked on the disc. There are many that probably won't get to try these out due to either Amiibo shortages or not wanting to splash for stuff that's on the disc already.

Although there is definitely too few maps and game modes at the moment, maybe you just need to play it a bit less to avoid burnout. Go play something else and then just come back to Splatoon when the N-E guys are playing. It's probably not something to just play on your own for hours and hours on end, once you've got through all the content. Hopefully Splat Zones will be unlocked soon, and the new modes and maps coming over time will keep it fresh too.

The amiibo stuff being locked on disc is really frustrating. I've got to source 3 amiibo, which will probably cost me around £40, to access stuff that's already there. It's more than what I'd pay for an actual game, and I only really want one of the figures. If it was just the outfits, I wouldn't be bothered at all, it's the fact it's actually quite substantial stuff, just not £40 worth.

(If anyone wants to lend me the squid amiibo, that'd be lovely :D)

Although there is definitely too few maps and game modes at the moment, maybe you just need to play it a bit less to avoid burnout. Go play something else and then just come back to Splatoon when the N-E guys are playing. It's probably not something to just play on your own for hours and hours on end, once you've got through all the content. Hopefully Splat Zones will be unlocked soon, and the new modes and maps coming over time will keep it fresh too.

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. I've got 3 more ranks to go and 1 more Amiibo to finish, after that I'll just pop on and off for the new gear.

It's still insanely fun but it just needs that extra content. Of course, most people don't usually sit for hours and hours on games like I usually do. :D

@Hero\-of\-Time I'd love to do the Amiibo challenges, but not at £14+ a go (best price ATM is £40 from Japan).

I'd love to borrow the two of them. Would someone be interested in working something out? I can send my Splatoon dog tag thing back with them.

@Hero\-of\-Time I'd love to do the Amiibo challenges, but not at £14+ a go (best price ATM is £40 from Japan).

I'd love to borrow the two of them. Would someone be interested in working something out? I can send my Splatoon dog tag thing back with them.

My biggest issue is if they get damaged in the post. If that did happened I would have a hard time replacing them.

There is also the possibility of them getting lost in the post, too.

There is also the possibility of them getting lost in the post, too.

I never even thought of that!

@Hero\-of\-Time That match just now when I busted out the Kraken thinking it would be a nice double on you and someone else and you BOTH unleashed your shields at the perfect moment was amazing. Great timing and skill. All I could do was jump at you guys and bounce off... and of course then you killed me, haha.

Girlfriend and me were sat there like... "Those glorious bastards!!"

@Hero\-of\-Time That match just now when I busted out the Kraken thinking it would be a nice double on you and someone else and you BOTH unleashed your shields at the perfect moment was amazing. Great timing and skill. All I could do was jump at you guys and bounce off... and of course then you killed me, haha.

Girlfriend and me were sat there like... "Those glorious bastards!!"

Haha. It think it was just mine own shield. The effects pass on to any near by team mates. :D

Haha. It think it was just mine own shield. The effects pass on to any near by team mates. :D

Lol. Even more skills. Good stuff man.

Really loving this game now. Got used to the controls and am splatting my fair share of people.

How do you all play at the start of a game of Turf Wars?

Are you one that rushes forward or hold back and cover the ground?

I tend to be a cautious stealthy player. I'll stay back, cover the ground and keep popping in and out of squid form to try fpr surprise attacks.

Would ye all stop bragging please? Some of us don't have the game yet. Yeesh! :p

@RedShell you using that bubble and me jumping around the box to avoid was hilarious! :D
Yeah, this game provides so many comedy moments. :)

Speaking of comedy, I still haven't got bored of following unaware roller users (undoing all their hard work in the process) and then eventually splatting them. :laughing:

I played some games this evening, joining friends. Played games with and/or against Redshell, Cube and Zechs, good times!

Level 11 now, think I'll try to grow one level a day from now on.

Thursday I'm going to Ibiza with my work, so that will feel like rehab for me. What an addictive game...!: peace:

Edited by markderoos

Well my Splatoon weekend is over. I managed to finish all the Amiibo stages, finish the story, level up a bunch of gear and get to rank 19. It's been a hell of a Splatfest!

I've had a right laugh playing with Cube, Sprout, nando, dazzybee, RedShell, Mr. Paul, VsPhoenix, Guy, ShadowV7, Tapedeck, Serebii and Welsh Gamer. Apologies if I missed anyone out. It's just a shame we can't have the banter while we play and more of us weren't on at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to the friends matches in August. Whenever a group of us end up on the same team we usually ended up trouncing the opposition. If we can keep that up then team N-E should do very well when we can hook up properly.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do haha. Shame I still have a crapload to do today and tomorrow. Going to be so far behind. I don't like this :p

Jesus, for an online focused game that's not good! Not good at all! Haha

I think this is more because of Hero's style of play, absolutely destroying games, more than the game itself. I've played it 16 hours and can't get enough of it. But fact is, I bet Hero plays it every time a new map gets released, a new mode, and maybe come August there'll be so much it can be regularly played because of the variety is there!!

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. I've got 3 more ranks to go and 1 more Amiibo to finish, after that I'll just pop on and off for the new gear.

It's still insanely fun but it just needs that extra content. Of course, most people don't usually sit for hours and hours on games like I usually do. :D

Yeah exactly, this is why I think the roll out will actually be a good thing, if everything was there maybe everything will be blitzed. But I bet we're all really excited for Splat Zones to be unlocked, and when new maps are released etc.

I just wish they'd patch out the stupid decision of 2 maps every 4 hours.

Well my Splatoon weekend is over. I managed to finish all the Amiibo stages, finish the story, level up a bunch of gear and get to rank 19. It's been a hell of a Splatfest!

I've had a right laugh playing with Cube, Sprout, nando, dazzybee, RedShell, Mr. Paul, VsPhoenix, Guy, ShadowV7, Tapedeck, Serebii and Welsh Gamer. Apologies if I missed anyone out. It's just a shame we can't have the banter while we play and more of us weren't on at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to the friends matches in August. Whenever a group of us end up on the same team we usually ended up trouncing the opposition. If we can keep that up then team N-E should do very well when we can hook up properly.

Yes, been truly awesome. Makes a huge difference when i see N Europers playing!! But we really do need to sort Skype out :)

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

I think this is more because of Hero's style of play, absolutely destroying games, more than the game itself.

It's clearly just me as nobody else has made this complaint. To be fair, once I had a break, watched a movie and had an hours nap, I was back on playing the thing again! It's like multicoloured crack! :D

I just wish they'd patch out the stupid decision of 2 maps every 4 hours.

What annoys me more is that it boots you back to the city when they change! :shakehead

I was playing it a bunch yesterday afternoon with randomers. Dat feeling when your team loses but you still have more points than everyone on the winning team. :awesome:

It's clearly just me as nobody else has made this complaint. To be fair, once I had a break, watched a movie and had an hours nap, I was back on playing the thing again! It's like multicoloured crack! :D

What annoys me more is that it boots you back to the city when they change! :shakehead

Ha, can't keep away!! It is so weird. You do the same thing every game, often play the same map 5 times in a row, but it just keeps you hooked. I love it. Surely Splatzones will be ready this weekend, going to be great!!!

I've never joined the MK league, but this game might pull me over to join gaming nights with N-Europe!

I'm at work and I can't wait to get home and play some more. It's really a very long time ago a game managed to get me this excited...

Surely Splatzones will be ready this weekend, going to be great!!!

I'm hoping that's the case. The canister was half full the other day, so we must be nearly there by now.

I was playing it a bunch yesterday afternoon with randomers. Dat feeling when your team loses but you still have more points than everyone on the winning team. :awesome:

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Same when you see you're in a team and everyone has the same weapon, especially when it's rollers :)

Or when everyone sprints away at the start, painting the same directions that you're going, absolute chaos! :yay:

Splatoon has a great debut in the UK charts.

Splatoon has just had its first big weekend on Wii U, with plenty of players hitting the online servers to splat the ground and each other with ink. It's a new IP that's had a fairly substantial marketing campaign, too, so the question has been whether all of that promotional activity would pay off at launch.

We have the UK chart results in, and they're certainly positive. Splatoon has secured second spot in the all-format chart, only behind CD Projekt Red behemoth The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; it's third behind the two console versions of that title in the single format charts. It's an impressive result for the Wii U exclusive, and is also the biggest ever new IP launch on the Wii U, overtaking Ubisoft's launch title ZombiU. It's the fifth fastest selling Wii U title in the UK to date, too.

I'm hoping that's the case. The canister was half full the other day, so we must be nearly there by now.

It's getting close.

[tweet]605145644768980992[/tweet]

Splatoon has a great debut in the UK charts.
Yes! So glad it's doing well. :bouncy:

Been listening to the soundtrack this morning, it continues to amaze me. :)

Dat credits track:

Goosbumps every time. :love:

Love the traditional Japanese vibe going on in there too, expertly done. :bowdown:

Actually, the way the entire soundtrack merges so many different styles together is so damn impressive, and it complements the variety of Splatoon's gameplay perfectly. :awesome:

It's a shame there aren't many tracks in the game, but I honestly don't think I'll ever get bored of hearing the ones we got, there's just soooooo much going on in each one.

Even after a marathon weekend of Splatoon, I've not had enough of these tunes. :yay:

Splatoon should absolutely dominate any audio awards this year, not just for the music, but its sound effects too. There's insane attention to detail present in the SFX, I particularly love the analog nature of the sound as you swim through ink depending on your movement speed and the different levels of splash depending on the height you dive from as a squid. Stuff like that is completely unnecessary, but the fact that they put it in shows just how much effort the developers went to.

It's also amazing how the continual sound of the Splattershot doesn't get annoying. I very much doubt I could handle listening to hours and hours of machine gunfire :heh: but somehow they've created a similar sound that's easy on the ears. :hehe:

I look forward to more aural treats with the upcoming download content, and hopefully a sequel at some point. ;)

: peace: