NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Walking around the city I see Inklings with speech bubbles above them. How do you write something for your Inkling to say? I wanna advertise this place. :D

Single player is pretty short ( about 5-6 hours ) but fun. The Amiibo stuff looks to be more promising.

Pro Controller can't be used in single player.

Post a message to Miiverse and it should appear above your head in the plaza. Of course, you won't see it yourself, but others should :D

OK peeps how is the single player and is it any good?

Also, can you play using Pro controller?

Answer yes to both of these and i'll probably be taking myself off somewhere to purchase! :heh:

Pro Controller is only used in the 1 VS 1 mode that has you popping balloons.

The rest of the game requires the Gamepad (and for good reason!)

Walking around the city I see Inklings with speech bubbles above them. How do you write something for your Inkling to say? I wanna advertise this place. :D
Use the orange Miiverse postbox in the Plaza for the post to be linked to your inkling.

Of course, you won't see it yourself, but others should :D
Think it's random, I saw mine: :hehe:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

The rest of the game requires the Gamepad (and for good reason!)
I know it is for a good reason, but personally I'm still a bit annoyed there's not even the option to just use the Pro. :hmm:

I simply can't use the GamePad screen during a match (the game moves too quickly for an old inkling like me :heh:) and I very rarely use the super jump. I'd gladly give up both of those aspects to use the much more comfortable Pro Controller instead.

Edited by RedShell
Automerged Doublepost

It arrived!

But I can't even connect to the lobby to start my first online match -_-

Just keeps saying 'Error code 104-0197 Could not connect to server'

Unsure on no pro controller.

I know nothing of the game sorry. Why game pad only?

Unsure on no pro controller.

I know nothing of the game sorry. Why game pad only?

You can use the gyro to aim (the default setting but it can be switched off) there's a live map that shows the ink coverage of each team, you can tap on a teammate to instantly Super Jump to their location (some of the special attacks also use the touch screen). It's all cool stuff, but like I said before, I find the pace of the game makes most of it unusable anyway. :blank:

Even so, I definitely wouldn't recommend skipping on Splatoon just because of needing to use the GamePad, it's far too awesome a game for that. ;)

I used the roller most of the time during the demo but have yet to touch it on the main game. I haven't really used any other weapon yet as I enjoy the benefits of the bubble shield too much. :D

It seems a lot less people are using the roller online, as well. During the demo you would see teams made up over rollers but now they seem to be few and far between. The most i've seen them used so far is when playing with/against DCubed and Glen-i.

I never got the chance to play the test fire so my first bash with it, think I'm taking the turf aspect too literally perhaps, may change out once I'm level 10. Got up to level 6 but I think I'll be off line now til Tuesday!! :(

This is why I love Nintendo though, the "if we can't beat them, we'll just make our own fun" attitude :) I cannot wait to see what happens when it's fully fleshed out come August, but it's another successful IP Nintendo have brought into the game sphere, and should be their big 'go to' shooter for plenty more generations to come!! :)

Think it's random, I saw mine: :hehe:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I meant floating above your head, not on the walls :)

@Aneres11, don't be put off by Gamepad only - look at how much fun everyone is having!

Who knows, they may patch in Pro support later, but you'd be silly to miss out on this much FUN :D

I meant floating above your head, not on the walls :)
Don't mind me, my head is full of ink at the moment. :heh:

Apparently the game has done 120k in Japan on it's first day of release. Better than what I was expecting. There's certainly plenty of Japanese players playing online, that's for sure.

Splatoon - Splat or be Splatted! (Wii U)

Apparently the game has done 120k in Japan on it's first day of release. Better than what I was expecting. There's certainly plenty of Japanese players playing online, that's for sure.

And there's talk that demand has outstripped supply.

And there's talk that demand has outstripped supply.

Apparently, retailers can't send unsold games back to Nintendo, so they were probably a little conservative with the stock numbers when ordering for a new IP.

I'm very interested to see how well it does in the West. Probably make the top 5 in the UK charts I think. Hell, if Mario Party 10 can make the top 10 then this should be fine. :heh:

It's going to do well in the west - but only in WiiU terms really I imagine. There's a big issue with it for a lot of people, but given it's new, unique, and somewhat well priced at certain outlets it'll get a lot of people just taking a punt on it. It is, whilst some may not be taken by it, essentially absolutely WiiU in its nature(unless we discount arguments of lacking gamepad features, but let's not go there).

Mine's just been dispatched from Game collection... Fingers crossed for a Saturday treat!

Regarding the Splatoon shortages in Japan, Nintendo have issued an apology.

[TWEET]604233317760684032[/TWEET]

Google Translate:

Splatoon in the shop has become scarce, we will have to apologize for the inconvenience. Next week, it will make additional shipments, also purchase download version If you hurry, please consider. Also performs the additional production also of Splatoon that is in short supply amiibo.
Edited by Wii

I'm surprised they didn't pull a Mario Kart 8 scheme (buy Splatoon and get 1 of these games free); would have worked well!

Anyway, I'm getting my copy tomorrow. So hyped.

Splatoon takes over Adrenaline Alley Skatepark

Thegamecollection let me down today, no delivery. Now I've to wait 4 days more at least. I'm go to have some words with them over this. Thought my Yoshi's Woolly World order was with them and was going to ask for a refund. But it's Rakuten. Are they the parent company of a lot of these other online stores? Good company but first and last time I'll order a launch game with them.

I'm surprised they didn't pull a Mario Kart 8 scheme (buy Splatoon and get 1 of these games free); would have worked well!

Anyway, I'm getting my copy tomorrow. So hyped.

Probably because it's not a 'full price game'. Shame though, even an eshop discount would be nice!

Edited by Phube

Thegamecollection let me down today, no delivery. Now I've to wait 4 days more at least. I'm go to have some words with them over this. Thought my Yoshi's Woolly World order was with them and was going to ask for a refund. But it's Rakuten. Are they the parent company of a lot of these other online stores? Good company but first and last time I'll order a launch game with them.

Slightly unreasonable, you aren't in the UK so of course it'll probably take a bit more time. If you want it for launch day, you probably need to get it from somewhere in Ireland to guarantee you'll get it.

Rakuten isn't the parent company, but it's a storefront that other companies advertise their products on, like many big retailers have eBay stores.

Slightly unreasonable, you aren't in the UK so of course it'll probably take a bit more time. If you want it for launch day, you probably need to get it from somewhere in Ireland to guarantee you'll get it.

It's not unreasonable. Just send it out a day or two earlier for "international" customers. They make sure to charge us for postage but lump us together with UK buyers in sending it out at the same time. Why do they send it out on Wednesday for UK buyers? Sure, f*** them, right? Post it on Friday. It's not like anybody cares.

Oh yeah and they took 5 days to answer my e-mail. Only bothered to answer when they were sending the game out. That's not good customer service.

Edited by Wii

I've managed to get a few games done before I head out for the night. Also added a few N-E peeps on the friends list for future battles.

I feel the game has a hint of Destiny to it. I'm finding myself looking forward to seeing what new gear is in the shop on a daily basis. :D

It's not unreasonable. Just send it out a day or two earlier for "international" customers. They make sure to charge us for postage but lump us together with UK buyers in sending it out at the same time. Why do they send it out on Wednesday for UK buyers? Sure, f*** them, right? Post it on Friday. It's not like anybody cares.

Oh yeah and they took 5 days to answer my e-mail. Only bothered to answer when they were sending the game out. That's not good customer service.

Strange that it took a long time for them to answer you, when I messaged them the other week they took only half an hour to respond! Perhaps it was because of the bank holiday weekend?

Why is this world full of so many @ssholes? People already have the Squid Inkling amiibo on Ebay for €40. And that's just Irish sellers. I did think that I could have bought the Collectors Edition in Smyths together, sold the amiibo and the game could have cost potentially €15. And I wouldn't be waiting 4 more days for the game either. But I'm not a scumbag. Everbody seems to be at it with other amiibo.

Unfortunately I haven't got my retail download yet from Nintendo, so probably will have to wait until Monday to join you guys online! Frustrating! At least I'm quite busy this weekend! Guess it's karma for getting to play it for a few weeks without you!

Got a lot of you as friends, but add me if you haven't got me already for games - NNID paulmuchmore :)